test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Portal stones

jsmith#3214 jsmith Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Question concerning stones.
So I investigated Kabal first realized I messed up so I investigated Gyrion hoping I would get Gyrion stones for the new set items but after I did the above I continue to just get Kabal stones.. is there something I'm missing or need to do to get the right Stones for the new item I'm seeking.
Thx for your input

Comments

• litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    When you Investigate Gyrion, you have to go to Kavatos Stormeye to get a quest to visit Gyrion in his lair. After accepting that quest, when you open one of those Ornately Carved Boxes, you should get a choice of which stone you want. This assumes you have already Investigated one of the others first.
  • jsmith#3214 jsmith Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    The Kavatos quest u speak of is the Weekly? Sorry my memory is not the best. So after I get the quest I go to Gyrions lair and from that moment on I'll have the option to choose which Portal Stone I want from the Ornately Carved Box?
    Thx for ur knowledge on this
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Well, not quite the weekly. You can go to a lair ANY time you have a portal stone. If you go to Kavatos on Mondays and get the quest from him, THEN its the weekly. If you visit the lair any other time, its just a lair completion, where you get a prize chest, 150 Abandoned Treasures and some other stuff.

So, the order is:
    1) Start the Investigate "X" Campaign Task.
    2) Wait 20 sec., then complete said Task.
    3) Go to Kavatos, and accept Quest to Visit X in their lair.
    4) Go to said lair, enter and defeat X.

From that point on, if you open an Ornately Carved Box, you can pick a portal stone for the ones you have completed.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I strongly advise against the aboleth weapons, you can also group with other entering to take the quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User

I strongly advise against the aboleth weapons

This is not a good advice. If you prefer mirage set - it's ok, no one will blame you for that :D but strongly advice against something that is almost identical to what you prefer...
  • jsmith#3214 jsmith Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    So Thx to those for advice.. I believe I figured out the situation which is that it's bugged.. I've dropped quest and got quest again I'll do more work on it as I'm not 100% sure as why it's not dropping the stone for Gyrion.. I've read an article on it being bugged on preview before Mod 11 hit so it could be the reason behind this. Thx again
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @jsmith check resist ritual rewards, from the task it drops Ornately Carved Box those give u the portal stones
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    Have you tried to enter Gyrion in party? Maybe that will unlock some way the drop of those portals :/