test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BEST in slot Main/Offhand weopons ?

odinguard#3346 odinguard Member Posts: 29 Arc User
I have recently upgraded my Relic weopons to epic and equipped all my enchantments straight into it. But sadly realised that I lost a lot of Damage resistance.

This made me wonder if the new Relic set is truly the best main and offhand currently for GF.

Anyone care to explain why it is BIS and if it is not BIS what is?

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Not sure where you're losing the DR. Compared to the Twisted/Elemental Tier weapons, you're only losing ~2-4% DR, which is hardly a difference.

Perhaps you were testing with Bondings on? Or testing your DR without Bondings? Or moved a guild boon or something? I didn't lose much DR when swapping between my Relic and Stronghold gear.

Since there's a wide variety of GF types available, the BiS for GF isn't as clear cut as DPSers.
    Relic can be BiS for GFs if you're looking for raw damage potential.

• odinguard#3346 odinguard Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    What would you say is the BIS for FULL Tank. I don't care about dps at all. Thanks
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

What would you say is the BIS for FULL Tank. I don't care about dps at all. Thanks

I would say the tank GF's best are Stronghold (for the passive team buffing) or Drowned (for the HP recovery bonus).

Otherwise, you can just use the Relic weapon for the extra aggro power and for the defensive set bonus (the defensive set bonus is a bit finnicky though).

• wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I'm going for Abolethic set. Relic is painful to grind fo GF and defensive bonus isn't reliable since I'm a Tactician and use encounters quite often. Abolethic have a nice damage boost and give me a random bonus, which is either lifesteal or debuff, so it's nice. I don't need Lifeforged set, cause the bonus looks good on paper, but doesn't feel like worth the grind since it has been already nerfed twice since the original release on preview servers.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I miss the days of MH/OH artifact weapon choices where there were stat choices as well. Now everyone is pigeonholed into one stat set.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Relic set has to be BIS for a DPS GF, it has the same raw damage as the new weapons but the set bonus is nothing to sneeze at imo.

Restoring the gear is a pain in the butt, upgrading is a lot easier due to the fact that tanks are SO needed in SVA/mSVA.

I mean...when I'm in SOMI I almost feel like everybody is looking at me lol, so sooo many DPS and so few tanks - not even talking about DC's :D
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"