test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Rank 5 Enchant in Master Spellplague chest --> Insult

vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
Dear @mimicking#6533 ,

please note that I find this an insult and I'm sure most of the community also.

A rank 6 would at least refrain me from writing on the forum.
A Rank 7 would be an OK reward.
A rank 8 or a 9 is what would be appropriate for an END GAME dungeon.
Tagged:

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Not the first mention of it I've seen. And I agree it's inappropriate. You get R5s as trash drops and in skirmish chests... the no-key chest, at that.

Enchant drops for Master SP should be on par with CN/FBI, not what I can pick up from stronghold HEs I can clear in a minute.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Exactly. It's especially sad when that is the ONLY reward in the chest. Besides the currency and seals and that one Flawless Saphire. Makes you wonder on what you spent your free time
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Wow, that is bad loot. Glad i haven't been rushing to unlock that dungeon
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    That's from the extra chests that cost dragon keys that you need to pay with ZEN rigth?
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I consider an opal an insult also. Thats what I get most of the time. All the work in this game is trashed because of the rewards.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    tomiotar said:

That's from the extra chests that cost dragon keys that you need to pay with ZEN rigth?

Yup
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    That is a terrible reward! I've not unlocked it, I'm still working mod 10 & 10.5. IMO the rewards from FBI and MSVA are good! Or have been so far. I put $40 in for dragon keys based on what I've seen in msva so far! What is the comparison in difficulty guys? Is MSP on par with FBI? If you can walk through the content, expect HAMSTER rewards! If it's challenging it needs to be rewarding!!
  • ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    When you get down to it ALL the rewards in EVERY dungeon, skirmish, and whatever are an INSULT. Just look at the "rewards" for leveling after 70 -- skill books? Really?! That's because most of the rewards are behind their ridiculous excuse for RNG and combined with ultra-stingy loot tables. Between all my alts I've pulled more than a thousand rings from Underdark chests (Throne, Demo, etc.) and have one decent +4 ring to show for it in more than 6 months of effort. I've never pulled a single +5, not even a crummy one like Sieging or Charging Bull. Same for the countless epic dungeons I've cleared, basically all it's good for is salvage or ways to fill up bank space with novelty items. Actually GETTING something for clearing a dungeon? Haha.. yeah, as if. Like clearing Fangbreaker to get Elven Assault gear. Really? What a joke, something I can buy with seals -- and almost guaranteed to be WORSE than the armor anyone with the 3100 IL required to get into FBI is wearing, that's the reward for the hardest 5-man dungeon in the game. Thanks for next to nothing, guys! Sorry you got shafted in mSP, but that's apparently what the designers wanted. They seem to think that it will make you feel "hungry so you'll come back for more". Instead what it does is make you feel miserable, like you've mostly wasted your time. Why? Because they're worried about "farming" and they've also calculated there's a certain amount of people that will leave after they've "beaten" the game. So they throttle back the rewards to keep that from happening. They know there are also people who will leave in frustration if they don't get rewarded. But they look at their spreadsheets of how many people still play versus the number of abandoned accounts and determine how stingy rewards can be and that's what we get -- the least possible rewards that will keep us playing. And it works, to a point.
  • hugienwnhugienwn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    That's great to hear, Julia -- thanks for letting us know!

I echo John's feedback: I ran my first Spellplague (Master) this afternoon, and the final chest rewards were very underwhelming. I got a Wicked Enchantment, Rank 5 in one chest, a Black Opal in the other (alongside the campaign currency and seals) -- no salvage, nothing else. :(

The dungeon boss mechanics were really fun, though, so I look forward to more runs after the rewards have been revisited!
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    tomiotar said:

give nerf to the rewards until we reach this point where playing the end game dungeons make you loose resources instead of getting them.

yeh I can just see that.. you get a chance to lose 1 random item from your inventory for completion of any dungeon

:D

perhaps they could give some sort nice new armor but only give half the AC stats..
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Ugh.. why can't the editor show you WYSIWYG for comment formatting.. that table is totally messed up and I have no idea how to fix it.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I'm amazingly underwhelmed by the master spellplague loot too. For example today, did 2 runs back to back with the holy crusaders, and got a couple of the traditional peridots, some purple salvage and yes ! The legendary rnk5 enchant.

Then I did a single cn run with an alliance/guild team and got a rnk8, 2 +4 rings, and some of the transmutes.

i.e.. a single 10 minute cn romp is a better deal than about an hour or so in the toughest dungeon in the game. Please, raise the loot bar in mSP. What's the point of investing developer time and creativity in a new dungeon and mechanics, if there is no incentive for players to run it..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I guess the excitement is supposed to stem from it being the exclusive source of the new "Wicked" enchant... but that's not good enough, when any other worthwhile multi-stat enchant can be farmed at low or no cost. Especially the event exclusives, which are littered about like confetti.

Even Vicious enchants, I've ended up with more than a full stack of R4s.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2017

# Runs No Reward (out of 1000 players)
    10 990
    50 951
    100 905
    500 606
    692 500
    1000 367
    2500 82
    4602 10
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Sure but wicked enchants are only suitable for x number of builds. Should everyone else suffer endless disastrous drops because mSP is worthwhile farming only for a fraction of the playerbase..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I ran msp yesterday and got really bad loot. But hey, it was a pleasure to do it. Amazing design, really enjoyable walktrough and awesome boss fights. I got rank 5 and seals, in 2nd one I got aquarmarine and seals. The loot was pathetic but at the end my party was really excited about how fun it was.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I had a r5 and an elven necklace.My best loot so far is a black opal, that i can farm with wanderer fortune while killing red caps in a lvl64 zone. Gratz.

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    No one from my guild will do MSP again cuzz this loot is so worse....can we get any answer from a dev if this loot gets better?

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    I see you know this artefact very well. Its totally worth to farm it

not