test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Xuna companion.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
My biggest problem in neverwinter is having too much AD. As soon as I get more than a million I always end up buying something expensive, because: shiny.

Anyway, bought xuna for about a million a couple of days ago, because I am so immensely bored of having the manditory fire archon.

Xuna pros.

She looks nice.
She's pretty quick off the mark for proccing bonding, about 2 seconds.
She has a poison dot, though it's nothing amazing. And gives you one too fairly regularly if you use at wills a lot. I phrased that badly.
Did I mention she looks nice..? And since she's rare, you won't be seeing a thousand of her in sva.

Xuna cons.

She dies on the turtle. And though she hugs the 2nd boss reasonably well in spellplague, she usually ends up falling to her death.
When she uses her version of bloodbath, she ends up aggroing other bunches of mobs, particularly in the river district.
Despite having a multi attack, she only procs protectors friendship with stab, so she's slow to build stacks. And because she aggros everything in sight, and she's squishy melee, she dies a lot. Not a big problem for bondings, but you lose friendship stacks and have to watch the grass grow while she builds them again.
She only has one appearance choice. I you care about these things.

Needless to say, I'm back to my damn fire archon. And poor again.
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• midnightflaresmidnightflares Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

My biggest problem in neverwinter is having too much AD. As soon as I get more than a million I always end up buying something expensive, because: shiny.

If this becomes a major issue, feel free to mail me some stuff. ; P
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Interesting that as a companion she uses Bloodbath but as an NPC (or when the Zulkir in PF copies her) she uses Whirlwind of Blades (and the pre mod 5 Smoke Bomb)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I have Xuna on my main. More often than not, when I'm finished killing the enemies I went after, I find myself thinking, "where is Xuna? Oh, no..." That is when I realize that she has used her teleport ability to go after some other enemy in range, even though neither of us originally had any aggro from them. It drives me absolutely batty.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

I have Xuna on my main. More often than not, when I'm finished killing the enemies I went after, I find myself thinking, "where is Xuna? Oh, no..." That is when I realize that she has used her teleport ability to go after some other enemy in range, even though neither of us originally had any aggro from them. It drives me absolutely batty.

Maybe I should bind mine to my CW then. Let them all come at me only to die by the thousands.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Lilend does the same thing. I was in CN today and she went off to the right and aggro all the adds that are on the right hand side.

I'm like, really. She made the group basically wipe because of that. She also does it a lot when doing campaigns. I like her but damn she is not that bright when it comes to aggro management.

Speaking of money...please go ahead and buy me the Orcus set, Harper Bard, Dancing Blade, etc... I mean if you want to spend some shiny for me I will gladly take the shiny off your hands.