test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Running a healadin

valon79#4291 valon79 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Could use some more info i see a lot of posts from people on how their pally is great, everyone seems to jsut want DC for almost everything and wont play with a with a pally, or wont play right since they think its a lost cause...CN for example, any high IL pallies that still know what its liek to play mid levels without the god features that got nerfed?

I am doing fine with most other runs(2.4 IL) but trying CN currently and up to boss is ok, but he jsut one shots everyone and over or once gets one shot on someone, try to raise and get 6 bodies on top of each other...any tips

Comments

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Check your auras and remember your goal. You keep the tank alive - the DPS fends for themselves because the tank should be taking 100% of the damage if he's tanking well. I tend to use bane, vow, and bond. For the daily I use the one that puts the shields around their heads (the damage resistance one) I pop that every time Orcus throws his hands up in the air. The auras I run are either Courage and Truth or Truth and Vengeance depending on the group. If your tank is a pally let him pick his auras and you pick two different ones since they don't stack.

Make sure the tank is always in the bond, keep vow and bane on Orcus and just hold down your shield heal directed at the tank.

There are other ways to do it - but that one is the way I have found works best for pug groups.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Aura of Life turns you into a walking soulforged enchant. It is actually pretty handy for Orcus because all you have to do is paint the fallen ally with your Aura for a rez rather than hover over them and you both get killed. Like ravenskya said, Bond, Vow and Bane work great on Orcus. You can also hit everyone with Absolution and switch to Bane before going in. If you aren't in melee range, use Cure Light Wounds on Orcus; it will heal everyone who is in melee range (it might be the difference between life and death for those folks). If your recharge is fast enough, put bane on both Orcus and your tank, but start with three Banes on Orcus. Depending on how well your group has handled the mobs prior to Orcus, you can choose between Aura of Wisdom for faster recharges (more attacks) or Aura of Truth (enemy damage debuff).

Or...if you have a yeti, have them tank Orcus....
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

Aura of Life turns you into a walking soulforged enchant. It is actually pretty handy for Orcus because all you have to do is paint the fallen ally with your Aura for a rez rather than hover over them and you both get killed. Like ravenskya said, Bond, Vow and Bane work great on Orcus. You can also hit everyone with Absolution and switch to Bane before going in. If you aren't in melee range, use Cure Light Wounds on Orcus; it will heal everyone who is in melee range (it might be the difference between life and death for those folks). If your recharge is fast enough, put bane on both Orcus and your tank, but start with three Banes on Orcus. Depending on how well your group has handled the mobs prior to Orcus, you can choose between Aura of Wisdom for faster recharges (more attacks) or Aura of Truth (enemy damage debuff).

Or...if you have a yeti, have them tank Orcus....

Aura of Life is a double edged sword, it can lead to wipe because you can't decide when to pick up ally if he's in the range. He gets up and can immediately take another hit dying for good. For example if tank falls you can first take control of the situation and pick him up. Also Healadin is most likely the second person after tank to generate the most threat because of how crazy these heals are, so you take the aggro trying to survive Orcus hits into the face (Bane, SoF, AoT all come in handy for that, takes some investments to build an off tank to survive one shots, but once you don't get one shot you'll heal through damage from Orcus with no problem), while dps pick up tank. Aura of Life is a must have in 10+ player content though like Tiamat and big HEs. There's nothing more satisfying that letting all people go to blue Tiamat head before you and if they don't use souls and AoE wipes everyone, you then just go in picking all up just by walking by.

Cure Wounds is a waste of slot in PvE (Radiant and Oath strike for life!). Having Bond and Vow and using Sanctuary and Divine Call should be all you need to heal allies.
    I have found running the life aura against certain bosses (orcus for one) to be a great way to get everyone back at the fire. You have to time picking people up so that they aren't immediately bonked on the head and unfortunately the aura doesn't allow that. I do run the Lathander set and use the artifact for long distance tank pickups. The only problem is if a companion has died between me and the tank often it will pick the companion up instead. VERY frustrating.

I agree that Life is good when running any 10 man stuff, or if you are running easier dungeons like eLoL with a weak pug team and you are tired of running around picking them up while they tap dance on scorpion poo
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• valon79#4291 valon79 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    great stuff guys, didnt think to cycle in bane or the Life arua. think i need to up my HP as soon as i can.
    Also I tend to stand at the side of the room - tank at Orcus's face, DPS at his back, and me just out of reach off his shoulder. That makes it easier to swing my heals back toward the DPS if they have an OH HAMSTER moment. But also allows me to watch the whole field while getting everyone in my heals/buffs/auras

• zeplin055zeplin055 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I have seen pallys top dps but they run the Orcus set and just do crazy stuff. For orcus I tend to stay just in range of Divine jugement and share my power with the DPS. If the tank dies my companion can take some hits from orcus with the bell good enough.
  • captflint#2758 captflint Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Got your OP sigil? Drop it on orcus feet..
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

Cure Wounds is a waste of slot in PvE (Radiant and Oath strike for life!). Having Bond and Vow and using Sanctuary and Divine Call should be all you need to heal allies.

I have to respectfully disagree with that statement, @trzebiat. Cure can be rather useful in certain situations. One that comes to mind is when I screw up (I'll admit it, It happens) and go down I can break from the fight and spam it rather quickly to get my health bar back to full, just in time for Bond to come off of its cooldown. It's also handy for the occasional spot heal if you don't have divine call and they're out of range for sanctuary healing. I tend to slot it as a back up to the Vow + Bond + Oathstrike goodness and while I hardly use it, its there in case I do. I would agree that it is unnecessary in a majority of cases but I don't think its entirely a waste. My two cents. :smile:
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User

I have to respectfully disagree with that statement, @trzebiat. Cure can be rather useful in certain situations. One that comes to mind is when I screw up (I'll admit it, It happens) and go down I can break from the fight and spam it rather quickly to get my health bar back to full, just in time for Bond to come off of its cooldown. It's also handy for the occasional spot heal if you don't have divine call and they're out of range for sanctuary healing. I tend to slot it as a back up to the Vow + Bond + Oathstrike goodness and while I hardly use it, its there in case I do. I would agree that it is unnecessary in a majority of cases but I don't think its entirely a waste. My two cents. :smile:
    I know about two places where Cure Wounds can be useful in PvE and it's when you have drained stamina between phases at Hati or Dragon Turtle in FBI. Everywhere else by using it you're either not getting RI and damage buff from Radiant or you don't proc AoC and heal (that triggers BG/HW) from Oath.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    I would have added eDemo to that list as well and I agree that in most situations, slotting it is unwarranted. In the premades I run with friends that is certainly the case and I drop it for Radiant, but I also pug and in those situations, more often than not it finds its way to the toolbar. Like I said, its situation-dependent and you consider it as a possible option if the group you're with is weak, inexperienced or 'accident-prone'. Two more cents.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac