test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aboleth weapons and their "buffs".

zammyvixzammyvix Member Posts: 9 Arc User
So i got my Aboleth artifact weapons today and since i don't see any threads about what the buffs do so obviously i had to test them myself and well...

Critical Hit! Your Death Burst deals 3769 (3089) Physical Damage to Battle Wight Commander.

So this is the "explosion on death" buff it gives, the aoe of the explosion is really small and cant even hit any of the dummies in Trade of Blades when you hit all of them at once (yes dummies proc the explosion when you hit them at 0 HP) and the dmg is really low around 1-1.7k but it can crit as seen from above.

Your Tainted Attack deals 221 (201) Fire Damage to Target Dummy.

And here is the Damage over time effect from the weapon which stacks on every attack (might prove difficult to balance for certain classes) but the dmg is kind of low once again.

also isn't it weird when the explosion does physical damage and the damage over time effect does fire?

I just expected more damage out of the buffs it gives and i know its supposed to be a stepping stone to relic weapons and all but for ppl who dont want to farm for relic this just seems kind of unfair and uninteresting.

Comments

• fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    LOL. It's like the SKT boons for 5k more damage when we're hitting for hundreds of thousands+ already...
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    clones from the mirage set also deal 1.5-2k damages. Cryptic needs to get rid of that flat damage thing
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    zammyvix said:

I just expected more damage out of the buffs it gives and i know its supposed to be a stepping stone to relic weapons and all but for ppl who dont want to farm for relic this just seems kind of unfair and uninteresting.

Logically it couldn't be much damage if it was going to be under the Relic weapons tier. I guess you didn't think about it.
  • ninurta#5639 ninurta Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Keep in mind that those random buffs are also accompanied by a 4% increase to all damage, so it's not bad, but like others said, it's not quite on par with relic.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

so it's not bad, but like others said, it's not quite on par with relic.

Yes, and this is ok for me. Comparing with relict weapons you can farm this new set very easy. So they should be not par with relict. Im gonna farm me the new weapon set too, but i think only for the skin. Looks pretty nice.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I was hoping to have multiple weapons with multiple enchants. But if the weapon's bonus damage is too low, it will off-set the enchant damage. Bummer. I have relic weapons and don't see why they had to nerf the Mod 11 weapons so much. There were Twitsted and Elemental weapons before this....
    It's (probably) 5% or less damage bonus with Aboleth from Relic. That is not "too low" to think about switching weapons say from trash to bosses.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I'm sticking with mirage... at least I know each time clones will come and attack plus the 10% damage vs temp hp and shields is on part with relic damages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • zammyvixzammyvix Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I am not saying they should be on par with the relic weapons but doing 200 and 1.5k dmg when we are hitting for millions? i just think thats kind of lame for new weapons that you still have to farm almost a month for if you dont play alot.
    Yes yes...the new weapons are so hard to farm. Relic was much easier...this is so funny. You can get a really good weapon set only for running around in a zone, doing dailies, making some HEs. You dont need any keys or wotsoever.
    "work put into farming it"....sure. Dailies/weeklys and some HEs...really hard work.

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Not sure which set it is but the visual effects on the MSVA boss was entertaining!! He turned green and danced the funky chicken from time to time lol
    zammyvix said:

I am not saying they should be on par with the relic weapons but doing 200 and 1.5k dmg when we are hitting for millions? i just think thats kind of lame for new weapons that you still have to farm almost a month for if you dont play alot.

They could have made the weapon damage lower and make the set effect higher so you saw bigger numbers. This is the way they have done weapon enchantments and prior set bonuses so they are just following that style.

Yes you have to farm month or more, it's to keep very active players busy with content so they don't come onto the forums and complain there is nothing to do because they finished the mod in a week. Instead they complain it takes too long. LOL..can't win.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    I agree, the bonus effects don't seem too much interesting, the damage dealt by them are very low TBH. They should be increased, but some cry babies would come here and ask for more nerfs... so, as long I can't enter sva [either Nsva or Esva] just cuz I'm a TR without r12 bondings, they work fine for me.
    spideymt said:

Yes yes...the new weapons are so hard to farm. Relic was much easier...this is so funny. You can get a really good weapon set only for running around in a zone, doing dailies, making some HEs. You dont need any keys or wotsoever.
    "work put into farming it"....sure. Dailies/weeklys and some HEs...really hard work.

man, you know that ppl with money aka "high-end players" just bought all needed materials from ah and restored their weapons easily, right? The only "grind" was the dailies to get those runes and voninblod... In RD we also needed to do dailies, ofc, and the arcane magical writings can be bought from ah, but we didn't earned the weapons, as we did during somi questline, we needed to farm eoe to buy them from campaign store. Just because some cry babies said "booo getting new weapons is too easy, we was skinned alive to get relic weapons", but you know? we aren't talking about refining the weapons, just the grind needed to get them. and if you count the refinement of them I would agree that is insane: farming the same trial over and over again to try to get the marks needed is a pain in the HAMSTER. But those "high-end players" just did one, and one thing only: they came to the forums and cried a river asking to nerf and this and that new weapons..

Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
    edited March 2017
    spideymt said:

@spideymt What do you really care??? These could have been a perfectly good second set. Thanks for all your input! Ha!

(Maybe I'll get a second set of Relic Weapons instead, Oh, wait a minute...)

But those "high-end players" just did one, and one thing only: they came to the forums and cried a river asking to nerf and this and that new weapons..

First of all: I never said: Nerf new weapons.
    Secound: Like you said: For relic weapons you need marks. Marks from chests. Chests need keys. Which keys do you need for the new weapon set?
    Im feeling sry for you, that you cant find a decent grp to farm nsva or msva. But comparing with relic weapons you can get the new weapons much easier. I dont say they should be nerfed, but i say its fine for me that you need to grind like it is.
    BTW: Can you quote me one of theese "river crying" posts from a highendplayer for a nerf at new weapons? Im just curious.
    @santralafax
    I farm this set too to get me a secound weapon set. So i can have one set for trash and one for bossfights. I think its a really good secound set.

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    @spideymt

Lookinbg on preview section of the forums you can find a lot of posts/discussions about RD weapons, one of these was this one http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1227825/firesoul-weapons-nerfed/p1

And this one.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1227804/please-make-mod-11-weapons-on-par-with-relic-weapons/p1

I never said to keep RD weapons on par with SOMI ones, what I always said was: make them at least usable! Nerfing them over and over again just to satisfy 10% of playerbase is insane... just what happened with lifeforged weapons.

I have relic weapons, I spent a lot of time doing dailies, Bhes, fishing and more just to restore them... but you know what? I'm a tr, If I stand still and don't move/dodge during any fight, worst on boss fights, I'm dead! so, 90% of time I proc the defensive bonus of the set and its just ridiculous! With aboleth weapons I don't have this problem, and my dps wasn't too much different from relic ones [around 10-20% lower, and IMO, that's normal since relic ones should be BIS]
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
    @lordseth1985 Thx for the links. I cant see any cry rivers, but i guess i know now what you mean. Well...the mod 11 weapons got some fixes, cuzz devs told us that mod 11 weapons shouldnt be better than somi weapons. I call it a fix, a lot ppl say its a nerf. Well..let us agree we disagree on that ^^
    Every melee dps class got this problem, m8. Im a GWF but i need some movement in FBI at giants ^^ (for example).
    @defiantone99 To say all players they want a fix on new weapons are bugusers is a bit rude. And believe me...it wasnt easy at all to get all the marks you need. BTW: SH weapons arent per se better than relic weapons/mod 11 weapons. Thats not true.

Do the Aboleth weapons count as 2 artifact weapons, like relic, or does the off-hand count as an artifact off-hand? It makes a big difference in RP when leveling it up!

I
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Well back to original discussion. Did some cn runs with 3.3k cw, ss thauma/op build, tdread, 75% crit & legendary aboleth set:

Another cn run with tvorpal:

Tainted Attack + Impending Death - 1-2% of total dmg. A little better than Magistrate's Consideration. Dmg does scale with buffs/debuffs. Not so bad considering 4% dmg buff & occasional LS buff. Different story if you're running with geared players who know their trade or/and a dot weapon enchant. 0% in that case =)

Post edited by krymkac on
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    People who say Relic weapons were easier to farm than RD haven't even got the relics. RD weapons are gained with progress in campaign when Relic weapons were campaign by themselves. Tons of time l, AD, BHE runs and unsuccessfull sva runs. Not to mention that gathering sva party takes a least 30 minutes.

I got Aboleth pn my GF and I'm thankful for these weapons. Farming them was kind of fun and pretty fast compared to Relics.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    Accordingly if its true or not i dont know, but seems aboleth is causing some kind of lag, but i havent seeen it hopping to restore main hand monday.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    zammyvix said:

I am not saying they should be on par with the relic weapons but doing 200 and 1.5k dmg when we are hitting for millions?

Cases I have seen where individual hits go into the millions have been bugs. Still, I agree that such low damage falls into the "why bother" category for toons with end-game gear.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min