test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question for combat stormwarden.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited March 2017 in The Wilds
Do the class feat bladestorm hits proc additional flurry strikes when the capstone is active..?
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Just had a look this morning in some logs, and it doesn't seem to.
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    I don't recall it ever proc'ing Flurry. Do your logs state the opposite?
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Didn't mean that bladestorm itself procs flurry, but was wondering if bladestorm hits came under the same flurry amplification i.e.. 2 extra hits at 165%.

Lol, mainly I did a run with a sw HR and he absolutely flattened me in the paingiver, despite having erm... rather old gear. Probably just a L2P issue on my part. :)
    I'll have to run some more logs, but going off of memory Blade Storm only procced off the initial hit, and even then it's only rarely (25% based on tooltip). Unless I was just unlucky with procs, but in a minute or two test, I only happened to notice it proccing off my encounters (thorn strike, gushing etc). The vast majority of my damage came from blade hurricane and piercing blade.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Blade storm these days yields little extra dps. I just slot other powers.
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Didn't mean that bladestorm itself procs flurry, but was wondering if bladestorm hits came under the same flurry amplification i.e.. 2 extra hits at 165%.

Lol, mainly I did a run with a sw HR and he absolutely flattened me in the paingiver, despite having erm... rather old gear. Probably just a L2P issue on my part. :)

Well the question is what run did you do that he spanked you in? These days we all hit so hard it's a matter of who gets to the pack first. I have 4 other HR's that I do runs with in my guild. We are all in the 3.7-4.1k range and in normal dungeons we are all within 10-20 mil dmg of one another depending on who drops plant growth first on the mob packs. But when we go into FBI or MSVA it is a completely different story. I am normally 200-300 mil dmg above them in the larger dungeon/raid. To be fair I have changed a lot and prioritize my rotations a bit different from them.

"The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    ghoulz66 said:

Blade storm these days yields little extra dps. I just slot other powers.

For SW Combat Blade storm is amazing extra dmg these days in a big dungeon/ raid. When you say that you slot other powers, what exactly are you slotting that is better? Crushing Roots does nothing for us outside of pvp, Seeker's Vengeance is broken, Twin-Blade Storm is nice but requires you to be hitting 3 mobs so its ok for trash clearing but you wouldn't use it for a boss fight, Stormstep action is a waste, Aspect of the serpent is the only other viable dps option to slot in. I mean you are always going to take Aspect of the pack at rank 3 for the dmg boost so you have either Blade Storm or Aspect of the Serpent for your 2nd.

Checking back over my logs for MSVA Blade Storm makes up 7-10% of my total dmg. hitting anywhere from 14k to 205k dmg
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    my bets on him having Orcus set at max apect of pck and blade storm especially in MSVA
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Wish they'd fix seekers for melee strikes. As PF combat only choices are pack and serpents. Come loadouts I'll have a SW combat for bladestorm I guess.

And @raydan. You're right, these days, most dungeons, it's whoever gets to the mobs first. Cn for example, whoever warps in first, jumps on their mount and levels that first mob pack will eventually take paingiver.
    ^^ as a SW Combat HR, I don't run CtG either. Split strike is far more damage although it requires a bit more work to setup.

The main bonus of SW is Throw Caution. Blade Storm is ok too but not what it once was.

It's the tradeoff for Careful Attack and Slasher's.
  • eeng1eeng1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    aaramis75 said:

^^ as a SW Combat HR, I don't run CtG either. Split strike is far more damage although it requires a bit more work to setup.

Dunno about that, alot of trash groups start with 5 enemies, then CtG is just so easy, but I can see once we are down to 1-2 enemies Split Strike could be better. I use CtG on groups and aimed strike when theres one left (if he got the HP still to make it worth). Aimed shot is also good for that one guy you just dont wanna run all the way to.

Its not optimal though, I wish I could include Split Strike and get the 10% stamina buff.
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    There's not much time to, but as soon as you can, view that roster for the other team and decide what will be most consistent. I presently am setup as a Trapper and based on who I am with typically use CR and AotF. I recall CtG working with great results with three or more in the AoE.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon