test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deflection vs. HP's the final investment

sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
edited March 2017 in The Guard Barracks
Hello Everyone,

I'm just looking to survey some opinions of other near BIS GF's.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to run into many equally geared GF's in game (maybe due to play time or when I play + I'm usually who is tanking in the party) so am looking to some other folks insights.

So with the introduction of the Deepknight's Brigandine, I feel like I have a bit more room stacking stats other than Hps.

Currently self buffed I'm running around with approximately 195k hps. This is with no Guild HP boon, so I primarily use Defense Boon in Party.

I could push this around 205k if I went Rads instead of Gigantic in Defensive Slots.

Right now I'm at approximately 63% Deflection without significant investment. Basically using Gigantic's instead of Radiant on non-bonding Defensive Slots and picking the 3% Deflection Feat vs. 3% Arm Pen Feat.

I could drop about 5k Hps and do a few gear changes that would allow me to have 70% and if I was crazy to grab an Armored Bulette that could go as high as 80+%

Just for reference, here would be the approximate stats in each scenario. Self Buffed

I'm Conqueror with 10 in Protector and 5 in Tac, primarily using Demo Artifact Set.

Current:

195k Hps
52k Power
80% Crit
85% Def
63% Deflect
35% AP Gain

Where I think I might want to go:

190k Hps
52k Power
80% Crit
85% Def
72% Deflect
35% AP Gain

Major Investment: (This would require dropping Crushing Pin to pick up Devoted Protector and Acquiring of an Armored Bulette)

190k Hps
50k Power
70% Crit
95% Def
85% Deflect
35% AP Gain

So primarily I'm thinking of trading 5k hps for about 10% more deflect and in the major overhaul edition about 2k Power, 10% Crit, & Crushing Pin to gain about 20% Deflect.

My primary motivation here... is about gaining additional mitigation while using KV. I'd also switch to Valhalla Set for trash (which is when I would expect to mostly run KV), although I sometimes wonder if the 2% heal versus 3% damage reduction from Seldarine versus Valhalla is better with heavily mitigated damage. Since believe the 10% trigger is calculate pre-mitigation.

4kish Heal vs. 1500 Damage Reduction per Valhalla Stack (using an arbitrary # of a 50K hit pre-mitigation from trash)

Anyways...

Thank you to everyone in advance.

Forge
-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
- Apocalypse - (DC)
- Sadus (OP)
- Fireball (GWF)
- Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
Post edited by sadus671 on

Comments

• grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    definately HP. deflection isn't that important, if you are going to survive an attack you'll get healed up pretty fast anyway. And if you need deflection to save you then you're still going to die the other 40% so thats not reliable. For me its HP > Defense > Lifesteal > Deflect.

You only deflect things that hit you and mobs hit you pretty slowly, however lifesteal is going to be activating alot making it far more useful than deflect imo.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    Just to clarify if folks missed it in my wall of text.

The deflection is to add Mitigation for Knights Valor. It's not for single mob tanking like bosses.
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion