• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

putzboy78 said:

bvira said:

I've noticed a minor mistake:
    Divine Fortune – Increase your divinity gain by 35%

Fixed
    bvira said:

And for me I would replace Magistrate's Patience with Protector's Friendship (4% more power and defense) since it accounts for less than 1% of the overall dmg for many people. Whereas 4% of 22k power = 880 ~ 2% dmg/heal bonus.

Good point. I don't have the mounts to test it but does it stack with Protectors Camaraderie? I know @thefabricant says Protector's Camaraderie doesn't stack.
    bvira said:

Also I think dancing blade is inferior to siege master/air archon/fire archon in terms of dmg because even if your crit chance is 100%, it's just a 2% dmg increase (assuming 150% crit severity). Would be even lower with higher base crit severity and lower crit chance.

I stack the extra crit because it impacts heals and dps. My intention is not to be strictly a dps cleric. I have 183.5 crit severity
    It does stack now putz, forgot to update that particular article, it got fixed I think 1 or 2 patches ago (can't remember exactly.) Either way, I have updated my article accordingly.
    Thanks, so when Protectors Camaraderie stacks what portion of the first stack does it increase? Would 2 Protectors Camaraderie outperform Protectors Camaraderie + Protectors Friendship.
    No, its still only worth using 1 of each. The way it works when it stacks is the second 1 provides 25% of the bonus of the first one.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    cool thanks
    bvira said:

And for me I would replace Magistrate's Patience with Protector's Friendship (4% more power and defense) since it accounts for less than 1% of the overall dmg for many people. Whereas 4% of 22k power = 880 ~ 2% dmg/heal bonus.

Updated, thanks for the tip
  • fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I have been using Protector's Camaraderie x3 + Protector's Friendship ( combined for 5% power/defense) + Gladiator's Guile (for stamina/speed boost), when soloing I use Wanderer's Fortune instead of Protector's Friendship. You could consider Barbarian's Revelry for the crit heals to self to help offset HP set.
    You could if you need the survive-ability. But if you have high lifesteal you can turn the extra damage into self heals.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I don’t want to go off-topic, but I’d like to explain the Condemning Gaze bug because Sharpedge mentioned it in his formula and who isn't aware of this bug can’t understand what he meant.
    As you all know, if you hit more than one mob with an AoE skill they gain more stacks of Condemned (for example if you hit two mobs together they immediately gain two stacks of Condemned) and when they reach 5 stacks, the debuff is activated. But there is a bug that occurs when the number of mobs you hit is higher than the remaining stacks required to activate the debuff (examples: mobs have 4 stacks and you hit 2 mobs; mobs have 3 stacks and you hit 5 mobs). When this happens, they generate extra-stacks that are scattered among the pack of mobs.
    Here’s an example of what happens when the mobs have 3 stacks of Condemned and I hit 5 mobs with Chains (in the end I also hit them with Sunburst to highlight the debuff):

https://s8.postimg.org/eeqy1066t/condemning_gaze.png

@michela123 , i had done a test on CG mechanic just now based on ur ACT log and my findings.

This is the result:
    1. CG stack is applied by EVERY tick of damage from any damaging encounter.
    2. Every tick of encounter damage gives one CG stack to 25' radius of the target (or in simple words: its radius is half a dodge)
    3. Thus it is possible to apply one chains to hit 5 targets, spreading up to 5 CG stacks to all of the targets and trigger CG debuff immediately. (Which is also why i think the counter is on us and new wave of mobs can trigger CG on the next encounter hit).
    4. In conclusion, it is a good news for DG/Chains spammer, easy to trigger, even possible on the first hit. Yeah~~
  • ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    Firstly, thanks for this very informative guide - even old dogs like me picked up a few things that seemed to have slipped my noticed, like casting BotS before encounters to best utilize Divinity gain!

As for the set bonuses - I'm at a cross road but will most likely use the Orcus one when I can get it, as a replacement for my LoL which currently is about as good as not really xD But it isn't the best economically swap I have to admit but the DPS increase is better than the extra WIS for me, and I have enough rec/arpen to tide through (With the luck of getting a tenser while it's cheaper back then). This varies from person to person though.

Also, I'm not sure if you are aware of it or not, but I'm glad to see a guide advocating for maxing crit! It's a very useful stat for offense (DPS/debuff) while also for defense (healing crits!). It had not been popular since mod 2 (Deistik's Critical DC build - OUTDATED) with many favoring rec/power stacking instead and the comeback is welcomed. *passing a cookie to you*
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    jazzfong said:

I don’t want to go off-topic, but I’d like to explain the Condemning Gaze bug because Sharpedge mentioned it in his formula and who isn't aware of this bug can’t understand what he meant.
    As you all know, if you hit more than one mob with an AoE skill they gain more stacks of Condemned (for example if you hit two mobs together they immediately gain two stacks of Condemned) and when they reach 5 stacks, the debuff is activated. But there is a bug that occurs when the number of mobs you hit is higher than the remaining stacks required to activate the debuff (examples: mobs have 4 stacks and you hit 2 mobs; mobs have 3 stacks and you hit 5 mobs). When this happens, they generate extra-stacks that are scattered among the pack of mobs.
    Here’s an example of what happens when the mobs have 3 stacks of Condemned and I hit 5 mobs with Chains (in the end I also hit them with Sunburst to highlight the debuff):

https://s8.postimg.org/eeqy1066t/condemning_gaze.png

@michela123 , i had done a test on CG mechanic just now based on ur ACT log and my findings.

This is the result:
    1. CG stack is applied by EVERY tick of damage from any damaging encounter.
    2. Every tick of encounter damage gives one CG stack to 25' radius of the target (or in simple words: its radius is half a dodge)
    3. Thus it is possible to apply one chains to hit 5 targets, spreading up to 5 CG stacks to all of the targets and trigger CG debuff immediately. (Which is also why i think the counter is on us and new wave of mobs can trigger CG on the next encounter hit).
    4. In conclusion, it is a good news for DG/Chains spammer, easy to trigger, even possible on the first hit. Yeah~~
    I just realized that my comment was a bit confusing, anyway I wasn't referring to the stacks required to apply the debuff, but the debuff itself overstacking. I mean, all mobs should have 15% debuff, but some mobs have 30-75% debuff, so sometimes the debuff is applied 5 times on the same mobs. This occurs when you hit the mobs in particular ways. I'll make some examples:
    - You hit 4 mobs with chains, then 5 mobs with chains
    - You hit a mob with BtS and when it has 3 stacks of condemned you hit 5 mobs with chains
    - You hit a mob 4 times with dauntling light, then you hit 5 mobs with chains

In all these cases, you'll see some mobs debuffed for 30-45-60-75%. Instead, if you start the fight hitting 5 mobs with chains, everyone will take 5 stacks of condemned and the regular 15% debuff.
    sounds very challenging to manage though
    To be honest with you, I don't know. I have thought to myself that there is a lot of great study on stat optimization for characters but nothing in regards to our companions. In fact all you can ever find is how to optimize the stacking of stats for the player (personal DPS focused) but in the case of how I use the shadow demon and quit possibly how a healer would use the shadow demon, we use them to do our killing for us. Since the companion stats do not provide insight into DR, DRI, Crit Severity, Crit Chance, etc. We are really left in the dark on how to optimize our companions unless we wanted do significant testing.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

To be honest with you, I don't know. I have thought to myself that there is a lot of great study on stat optimization for characters but nothing in regards to our companions. In fact all you can ever find is how to optimize the stacking of stats for the player (personal DPS focused) but in the case of how I use the shadow demon and quit possibly how a healer would use the shadow demon, we use them to do our killing for us. Since the companion stats do not provide insight into DR, DRI, Crit Severity, Crit Chance, etc. We are really left in the dark on how to optimize our companions unless we wanted do significant testing.

For the most part its not worth the effort. I gave it a try once and it seems different companions have different stat curves, which really complicates things.

putzboy78 said:

For the most part its not worth the effort. I gave it a try once and it seems different companions have different stat curves, which really complicates things.
    Thanks, I didn't know about the different stat curves. I figured that only applied to their level. However, I did assume it wasn't worth the effort since the stat curve really only matters in instances where your using a companion as a party tank or in a case like mine where the the dps companion accounts for such a large portion of overall dps.
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    Thanks for sharing, I too go for full azure but my intention is not really for proccing FotG but for boosting personal DPS :P

I've noticed some minor mistakes:

1. Divine Fortune – Increase your divinity gain by 35% <---- Isn't it 20%?

2. I think Divine Divine Glow increases your dmg by 12.5% (5% +2.5% x3) instead of 5%.

And for me I would replace Magistrate's Patience with Protector's Friendship (4% more power and defense) since it accounts for less than 1% of the overall dmg for most people. And 4% of 22k power = 880 ~ 2% dmg bonus.

Also I think dancing blade is inferior to siege master/air archon/fire archon because even if your crit chance is 100% it's just a 2% dmg increase (assuming 150% crit severity). Would be even less with higher base crit severity and lower crit chance.
    I've had several people ask if I will be updating my DO Right guide to account for the new changes. Well 6 days of availability on preview didn't fit into my personal life and I'm sure we have some more fixes and changes in the pipe.

For now I'll be going with this build to see how it goes (with my mod 9 rotations). After I get some playing time with the changes I may adjust it.

nwcalc.com/index.html#/dc?b=2x9r:za4v9l:dm9t:a11bm,13l3305:1000000:1000000:1zu5z5v&h=0&p=dvo&o=0

To get perma-HG you pretty much need an artificers setup. Stacking enough flat recovery to perma-HG will mean you need around 40K recovery which isn't really viable. So right now I'm debating on making the transition to an artificers setup next 2xRP.

I'm just not sure how necessary perma-HG is since HG is really only worth it if a fight will last more than one rotation (i.e. bosses) and in raids you will probably go with a two DC approach (ideally one AC (power buff) and one DO(TI buff)). In the raid scenario if we assume the AC is running HG and AA and the DO is running HG and DI, each using the second daily if HG is already down. HG should be virtually perma anyhow.

All I know is that I will be embracing BotS with open arms again as a divinity over time option.
  • duskwoodduskwood Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Very well done. I only take offense at using an awesome dwarf's name for an ugly dragonborn :)
    Amber was a dwarf but suffered a transmutation during the rise of the Cult of the Dragon (aka module 4). Amber has been saving Neverember's keister since beta.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

I've had several people ask if I will be updating my DO Right guide to account for the new changes. Well 6 days of availability on preview didn't fit into my personal life and I'm sure we have some more fixes and changes in the pipe.

For now I'll be going with this build to see how it goes (with my mod 9 rotations). After I get some playing time with the changes I may adjust it.

nwcalc.com/index.html#/dc?b=2x9r:za4v9l:dm9t:a11bm,13l3305:1000000:1000000:1zu5z5v&h=0&p=dvo&o=0

To get perma-HG you pretty much need an artificers setup. Stacking enough flat recovery to perma-HG will mean you need around 40K recovery which isn't really viable. So right now I'm debating on making the transition to an artificers setup next 2xRP.

I'm just not sure how necessary perma-HG is since HG is really only worth it if a fight will last more than one rotation (i.e. bosses) and in raids you will probably go with a two DC approach (ideally one AC (power buff) and one DO(TI buff)). In the raid scenario if we assume the AC is running HG and AA and the DO is running HG and DI, each using the second daily if HG is already down. HG should be virtually perma anyhow.

All I know is that I will be embracing BotS with open arms again as a divinity over time option.

\o/

The DO build is back!

Also, with DG and EmpBtS (or EmpFF for 2x DC runs) being the standard for all DCs, what would you suggest for the last encounter slot?

I used to use Chains, but, well, it no longer gives AP, which means Chains is relegated to useless CC. know DG/Bastion/EmpBtS is the standard for many DCs, but I really just don't like Bastion (and it feels weird for me to press 3x DBtS and then follow up with 1x EmpBtS).

I'm mostly been trying out Prophecy (for the boss fights) and Searing Light (because with spammage, it paints multiple foes with Bear your Sins/Condeming Gaze. And because I was bored and Searing Light amused me). Anything that I'm missing that could be useful?

honestly depends on what role your needing for the party. Chains is still a good tool for painting mobs with Bear your Sins/Condemning Gaze

If its low difficulty stuff like normal dungeon mobs, i'd just go full dps, its really not worth much effort to buff/debuff on stuff that doesn't last for a full rotation

For bosses, BtS is still king

Astral Shield will always have a nice home if you need some protection. I'd say atleast one person should be running Astral Shield for SVA

PoD if you got multiple dcs in sva after the first phase, however PoD is subject to the debuff cap, in contrast BtS and FF are not

I'd say SL is about useless in end game party play since most everyone has damage resistence ignore covered. so really its use for painting means its competing with chains

Sunburst is a strong contender. HoT _ DoT, only concern is if you accidently use it outside of divine it throws mobs. Which will make you very unpopular

• rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    putzboy78 said:

honestly depends on what role your needing for the party.

In few words, you've a degree of freedom to choose the 3rd encounter depending on the context. This is what I'm doing with my AC DC as well.
    CN: DG+CL/AS+BtS
    mSVA: DG+AS/BoH+BtS
    In my case I've one more aspect to select the power with the lowest cooldown/highest AP gain to cast AA fast.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    With Bondings up, I have c.12k recovery and my HG cooldown last night was around 26 seconds. I am not a playtester or theory crafter though so its not easy to say what caused that or how to improve it. I think duration is 20 seconds? Hard to measure when running dailies but my downtime was very low doing RD vaults with 3 packs of mobs at once and basically no downtime with 6 groups as they don't spawn immediately.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Is templars domain any good now for pvp dps cleric?
    rapo973 said:

putzboy78 said:

honestly depends on what role your needing for the party.

In few words, you've a degree of freedom to choose the 3rd encounter depending on the context. This is what I'm doing with my AC DC as well.
    CN: DG+CL/AS+BtS
    mSVA: DG+AS/BoH+BtS
    In my case I've one more aspect to select the power with the lowest cooldown/highest AP gain to cast AA fast.
    Yeah it would be interesting to get some measure of AP gain per second on each encounter. In that regard the third encounter could be focused on AP gen. The fix to divine chains was big and not unexpected. I told my friends i felt its impact could even be bigger than the AA nerf because so many builds were reliant on divine chains to build massive AP for things like double dailys without investing in recovery.

pitshade said:

With Bondings up, I have c.12k recovery and my HG cooldown last night was around 26 seconds. I am not a playtester or theory crafter though so its not easy to say what caused that or how to improve it. I think duration is 20 seconds? Hard to measure when running dailies but my downtime was very low doing RD vaults with 3 packs of mobs at once and basically no downtime with 6 groups as they don't spawn immediately.

I measure hg to about 18s. Here is a challenging thing to consider in terms of HG cd. With the righteous capstone your getting a 40% cooldown reduction on entering combat. my recovery is at 7332 atm when entering combat and my cd on HG is 25s. Then you can watch it jump all over the place as your bonding proc, your capstone phase in and out, buffs from party (like itf) are applied. For long fights you will be 58% of your combat time without that capstone bonus. It also contributes to the question of how important is perma-hg.
    solbergx said:

I am not a pvpr so I wouldn't trust my opinion on this. But my gut says no. First of all you want to make sure that buff is in place when your ready to drop your nuke. A "chance of" buff is not reliable. Also you'd be taking it at the expense of bountiful fortune and since there are very limited ways to build divinity I would hate to pass it up. That's just my personal opinion though. Also note that the old rule of "the more armor pen the better" has mathmatically been proven to be false. With an ideal armor pen to be at around 10k i would just shoot to have that and make it my #1 priority for offensive stats.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    putzboy78 said:

Yeah it would be interesting to get some measure of AP gain per second on each encounter. In that regard the third encounter could be focused on AP gen. The fix to divine chains was big and not unexpected. I told my friends i felt its impact could even be bigger than the AA nerf because so many builds were reliant on divine chains to build massive AP for things like double dailys without investing in recovery.

I've worked on AP gain for many months playing without CL. So for me it's a jump back in the past where the effort is mainly psychological because I was well used not only to generate AP but also to deal damage.
    Now I've to turn my brain on again, sacrify the dps a bit and be more creative and flexible. Luckily it's easy to measure the AP gain with ACT.
    My AP gain is structural: 96% without anything active, with artificier's persuasion it's a skyrocket. Structurally high AP gain is something I suggest to pursue if someone is interested in this feature because it saves the build regardless this or that change.
    There's more to say about AP gain, but it's off topic.
    Anyhow I'm happy that the DO is back again :)

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    solbergx said:

Yes and no, the difference between 10k arp and 13k arp is minimal although noticible. Only go after it if you are human.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

pitshade said:

I measure hg to about 18s. Here is a challenging thing to consider in terms of HG cd. With the righteous capstone your getting a 40% cooldown reduction on entering combat. my recovery is at 7332 atm when entering combat and my cd on HG is 25s. Then you can watch it jump all over the place as your bonding proc, your capstone phase in and out, buffs from party (like itf) are applied. For long fights you will be 58% of your combat time without that capstone bonus. It also contributes to the question of how important is perma-hg.
    Thursday night, I was in a hurry to respec and run my dailies and went back to Wis+Str thinking AP would be less valuable and Crit more so, but running several dungeons last night left me extremely uncertain as to what I should be doing and expecting. Started a DC a few days after the end of Beta and played extensively through mod 4, returned in mod 9 and most of my experience was outdated. Switched to AC in December and that was the point I relearned how to play. Loosing the magic AA button (and AP from bugged chains) kind of puts me back at the start again with learning what to do in a party, since healing for the most part has been situational at best. The question of the importance of Perma-HG definitely plays into that. Fortunately, I have plenty of respecs from Winter Fest!
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother