test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UPDATE 2 - Scheduled Maintenance [3/16]

Comments

• wilodwilod Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    polkol said:

@nitocris83 small nitpick: the UTC endtime in the launcher wasn't updated with the last changes. Still show a 5 hour window.

was looking at this as a positive that we have 2 times that it maybe live lol
  • bmfblaze25bmfblaze25 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    6 freaking hour maintenance... sigh I just wanna play some Neverwinter.
  • oriax#2152 oriax Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    How long still please anyone?
  • polkolpolkol Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    rgladiato said:

The extended maintenance is all my fault. Sorry. You see I have the day off today so that's why the game is having problems. If I'd just gone into work I'm sure we wouldn't have a problem.

I find your lack of yellow text both disturbing and hilarious :D

How long still please anyone?

We will be performing shard maintenance on March 16 from 5:30-12:00 AM Pacific (12:30-17:30 UTC). Please check the forums.

thats all it says currently
  • rhymenoiserhymenoise Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    verazeta said:

@nitocris83 so what exactly caused one of your guys' servers to faulter on the reset?

as players we deserve a right to know why exaclty it was extended? human error? glitch? what?

As a player you / we have 1 right which is to follow the EULA, that is all.

Every MMO is the same, sometimes things go wrong.
    It's just how servers are sometimes too.
    Still it gave me time to tidy my flat and I plan to do the dishes while I wait for news on the update.
  • ratfink#7127 ratfink Member Posts: 4 New User
    @nitocris83 Thank you that was extremely informational and helpful. I think we all understand exactly what the issue is now and how long it will take to be addressed.
    Cant this game please say the times in GMT? I live in South Africa and we're +2GMT.
    So the rest of the world just have to struggle to figure out what the hell UTC and Pacific times are and convert it somehow to their GMT times they are using?

So stupid please change or add this Neverwinter.
  • ka13b#5808 ka13b Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @oriax#2152 said:
    > Cant this game please say the times in GMT? I live in South Africa and we're +2GMT.
    > So the rest of the world just have to struggle to figure out what the hell UTC and Pacific times are and convert it somehow to their GMT times they are using?
    >
    > So stupid please change or add this Neverwinter.

They listed UTC (which is the same as GMT, but with less confusion). Just add 2 hours to UTC as you would GMT.
    edited March 2017

Cant this game please say the times in GMT? I live in South Africa and we're +2GMT.
    So the rest of the world just have to struggle to figure out what the hell UTC and Pacific times are and convert it somehow to their GMT times they are using?

So stupid please change or add this Neverwinter.

UTC Is GMT basically as its universal time :D so for you would be +2 UTC

edited March 2017
    @kal13b
    (Quote) "They listed UTC (which is the same as GMT, but with less confusion). Just add 2 hours to UTC as you would GMT."

This is what the launcher says: "(12:30-17:30 UTC)"
    So that would mean that for my GMT+2 time the server will be offline from 14:30-19:30? Yet its past that time and the server is still off...

@kal13b
    They listed UTC (which is the same as GMT, but with less confusion). Just add 2 hours to UTC as you would GMT.

This is what the launcher says: "(12:30-17:30 UTC)"
    So that would mean that for my GMT+2 time the server will be offline from 14:30-19:30? Yet its past that time and the server is still off...

they havent editored the UTC section in latest edit thats all so would be 7pm UTC based on the 12am pacific time frame
  • ka13b#5808 ka13b Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @oriax#2152 said:
    > @kal13b
    > They listed UTC (which is the same as GMT, but with less confusion). Just add 2 hours to UTC as you would GMT.
    >
    >
    >
    > This is what the launcher says: "(12:30-17:30 UTC)"
    > So that would mean that for my GMT+2 time the server will be offline from 14:30-19:30? Yet its past that time and the server is still off...

Yes. See the post by the admin. They are running behind. Let QA make sure all is running fine, otherwise people are just gonna come back here and moan about broken things.
  • swoods74swoods74 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    @nitocris83 i would also like to thank you for putting forth the effort and info u r able to give-thx-
  • bmfblaze25bmfblaze25 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    it is 12 A:M PT and still waiting....

it is 12 A:M PT and still waiting....

its only 11 am pt
  • rhymenoiserhymenoise Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    This always magically happens when I plan a whole night of grinding... it's like the universe wants me to go outside.
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    i feel for you Julia,,, i for one, know and understand the weirdness and glitchy-ness of servers and code and all that fun stuff,,, my fiance works in software engineering for a LARGE telecomunications company and runs that kinda testing,,, many of hours i have seen her searching for one teeny weeny little line of code out of THOUSANDS that is causing things to go wonky,,, SERIOUSLY, if you people who constantly complain about things had any idea whatsoever what it takes to do the stuff these people do is short of amazing in my book,,, it's not like you just go to 4 years minimum of college and then you are magicaly imbued with the knowledge in how to write code,,, and hopefully what you write doesnt interact weirdly with some other line or bit here or there that makes the whole HAMSTER crash,, sometimes it takes weeks or months to find a bug that screws things up with just the right combination of this, that and other thing and suddenly Joe Schmoe logs in from GODS who knows where and triggers the doohiky controlling whosiewhatsit and the whole thing crashes
    just sayin
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    If it makes anyone feel better, NetOps, QA, and our engineers are looking rough around the edges. May you find some comfort in our misery ;)
    kreatyve said:

silence1x said:

Sometimes server reboots throw you for a loop. I've been in IT for ~25 years. This I know - you can say something will take two hours and when it takes longer, users will ALWAYS complain. Adjust your expectations, go outside, catch up on your tv shows, talk to a real person, perhaps take a shower, whatever.

/end facetious thread

Outside? I've played that game before. The graphics were fantastic, but the quests sucked so bad. :(
    and the grind for money to use to buy items is terrible :tongue:
  • sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    "We will be performing shard maintenance on March 16 from 5:30-12:00 AM Pacific (12:30-17:30 UTC). Please check the forums."

From the launcher, does this mean Midnight Pacific time?!?!
    Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence

"We will be performing shard maintenance on March 16 from 5:30-12:00 AM Pacific (12:30-17:30 UTC). Please check the forums."

From the launcher, does this mean Midnight Pacific time?!?!

means 1 hour unless there are any unexpected delays
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Lol,, Outside,, thats such an awesome game :) Beware the large ball of burning fire in the thing called sky tho,, it can blind your character
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    haha @kreatyve, you don't like the Get A Job and pay Taxes daily quest... that is one of my favorites :P
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    It's 12 Noon Pacific Time so it should say 12 PM. I let Julia know. Thank you for the notification. :D
This discussion has been closed.