What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: Version: NW.75.20170306d.4

2»

Comments

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    "Guardian Fighter
    Supremacy of Steel: This power no longer prevents AP gain while active."
    I assume this piece of code was similar to the DC Hallowed Ground AP generation block, hence it was done at the same time? Makes sense.
    That is a nice gesture... thanks.
    SoS, unless feated with Overwhelming Impact on a reflector build, is pretty worthless to anyone else. Still, the Bowsers of NWO thank you.
    The broken Protector Capstone Iron Guard should be a much higher priority. Please fix.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    I'm about 99% sure I am going to be going back to Divine Oracle as I have almost exclusively been in my 3 years playing as a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • mattia78mattia78 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    About Arcane Focus change, i've just been on preview testing it out: Daily gives you 2 AF on completing but dig sites are looking even worst, only 1 AF out of 9 dig sites, and i got it on the last one.

So this is the way cryptic wants to help ppl, or adjusting drop rates? Dig site grind is gonna be a nightmare again
    404 Italians Not Found Guild Leader
    Matt Shieldheart 3.5k GF Conq PVE _ Matt Shieldheart 0 3.5k GF Tactician PVE _ Matt Shieldheart II 4.1k Buffer DC _ Matt Shieldheart III 4.3k Thauma CW _ Matt Shieldheart IV 3.5k Exe TR _ Matt Shieldheart V 3.9k Destroyer GWF _ Matt Shieldheart VI 3.1k Trapper HR _ Matt Shieldheart VII 3.1k Fury SW _ Matt ShieldheartVIII 3.6k OP Justice _ Matt Shieldheart -8 3.1k Healadin _ Matt Shieldheart -9 3.1k Mof Rene CW
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    This is some unfair rushed out bullcrap. You gave DO buffs, and gave AC nothing in return. AC should have gotten way more to mitigate damage for the party. Blessing of Battle is replaceable by foresight, so... AC has really nothing special to offer other than a daily.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

This is some unfair rushed out bullcrap. You gave DO buffs, and gave AC nothing in return. AC should have gotten way more to mitigate damage for the party. Blessing of Battle is replaceable by foresight, so... AC has really nothing special to offer other than a daily.

I think thats the way they got tought about a balance at school?
    Something that always has to weigh on one side.
    Not to mention Faithful/Virtuous. Way to rework something.

Thanks for the Hastening HAMSTER. "We fixed this class feature. Look now its useless. WAI"

On a more positive note, thanks (and this one isnt sarcastic) for DG procs of WE.

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    mattia78 said:

About Arcane Focus change, i've just been on preview testing it out: Daily gives you 2 AF on completing but dig sites are looking even worst, only 1 AF out of 9 dig sites, and i got it on the last one.

So this is the way cryptic wants to help ppl, or adjusting drop rates? Dig site grind is gonna be a nightmare again

I'll just throw in a bit of wild speculation on this. Prior to today's patch, it appears there was a daily cap/limit that meant you could not acquire more than 3 Arcanic Focus a day, so 21 a week maximum. With the new set up you can get 14 each week from doing dailies and another 5 from the weekly, so a total of 19. If they set dig site drops to 1 in 10, on the assumption that most players will just do the 5 a day needed to complete the daily quest, players can expect to pick up an additional 3-4 a week. So that would mean a slight improvement for 'normal' play to 22-23 a week and a chance to increase that for those willing and/or able to farm the dig sites for hours on end.

What would be nice would be for Cryptic to say exactly what the drop rate is in dig sites now and whether or not there is a limit/cap in place. However, they have never done so in the past, so I doubt they will do so this time. Sadly, helping to ensure that players do not burn themselves out on unachievable grinding goals is not something they seem to give too much thought to in their planning meetings :(

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    zshikara said:

I'm about 99% sure I am going to be going back to Divine Oracle as I have almost exclusively been in my 3 years playing as a cleric.

I always liked DO, but finally swapped to AC because AA was just *too good* to pass up. It's now a much harder choice, which is a good thing: there's now benefits to going both ways.

I'm happy about this change, is my main point.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    mattia78 said:

They did it right this time, 2 per day (14 per week) + 5 from weekly quest = 19 without touching dig sites and no RNG BS. Wanna get more at low % drop and speed it up a bit? Dig sites. In less than 5 weeks you have your new weapon set, not so fast but either so slow.
  • miawuaschtmiawuascht Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    hm, when was the last time everything ingame worked as intended? As I remember the last 3 years: never ever; I suppose that´s why they all it NEVERwinter ^^
    They can patch and write whatever they want, it´ll never be true. Just try and see if the gamplay feels good. And as far as the DC is concerned, it felt so so so wrong again since Stormking´s Thunder... Consider it as an essential part of the game that nothing works as it should and you won´t bother at all.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    "Arcanic Focus: This ingredient has been added to the Daily and Weekly quest rewards. Drop rates have been adjusted in the dig sites for this ingredient.
    Arcane Magical Writings: This ingredient has its drop rate increased in the River District's Heroic Encounters."

• aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Just noticed a bug with Prophecy of Doom.

"Prophecy of Doom
    Fixed a bug where this power was not granting AP on use.
    Fixed a bug where this power did not instantly recharge when it killed an enemy.
    Fixed a bug where this power did not increase in duration while empowered.
    Fixed this power to instantly recharge if the target is killed during its duration.
    Fixed this power to correctly grant AP.
    Fixed this power to correctly increase in duration per empowered charge consumed
    ."

I've done about 50 tests in two zones (River District first, and then Sharandar to confirm my findings), sometimes letting Prophecy kill the enemy, sometimes killing the enemy with Prophecy on them, and in neither case does the ability instantly recharge. On the up side it does refill my action points now :)

I am using an owlbear cub but I've made sure, several times, that the cub's hit didn't kill the enemy and that the prophecy was on the target and dealing damage when it died. It did not instantly recharge when Prophecy itself killed the enemy, or when the enemy died with Prophecy still active on it.

Is anyone else having this experience post patch?

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    They also ninja'd in a fix to the ahem dig site looting issue. But in so doing they also made it more annoying to dig farm with a party.

Now you have to grab loot one at a time, and if you manage to interact at the same time as someone else, you get an "Interaction Failed: Another player has already exhausted this node" error and you have to loot again.

It's kind of funny how they have so many working loot systems (quests, chests, nodes, even the map thing in the same room works flawlessly) but they designed a new one with so many issues!
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

Just noticed a bug with Prophecy of Doom.

"Prophecy of Doom
    Fixed a bug where this power was not granting AP on use.
    Fixed a bug where this power did not instantly recharge when it killed an enemy.
    Fixed a bug where this power did not increase in duration while empowered.
    Fixed this power to instantly recharge if the target is killed during its duration.
    Fixed this power to correctly grant AP.
    Fixed this power to correctly increase in duration per empowered charge consumed
    ."

I've done about 50 tests in two zones (River District first, and then Sharandar to confirm my findings), sometimes letting Prophecy kill the enemy, sometimes killing the enemy with Prophecy on them, and in neither case does the ability instantly recharge. On the up side it does refill my action points now :)

I am using an owlbear cub but I've made sure, several times, that the cub's hit didn't kill the enemy and that the prophecy was on the target and dealing damage when it died. It did not instantly recharge when Prophecy itself killed the enemy, or when the enemy died with Prophecy still active on it.

Is anyone else having this experience post patch?

Either way, I am pretty sure it's not working as intended.

@terramak @dreadnaught#5263 @mimicking#6533
    The video is probably the only way I have of describing the nonsensical actions of this power
    http://plays.tv/video/58cb4361eabc87a4cd/prophecy-of-doom-is-buggy

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    @darthtzarr PoD went crazy because zombies are undead.
  • xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User

I can't recall if they've ever historically done a forced respec in cases where changes wouldn't leave characters in a broken state if left as-is, but they might have once.

They have done a forced respec on DC before... I can't recall, but I almost feel like it was on all characters when they went from lvl60 to lvl70 level cap
    Either way, that is irrelevant, cause even if they force a respec you just RESPEC and its no longer an issue.

I think the real issue here is that the nerf on AA made it useless, and sadly enough AA had become the only way to survive content like msva. I just got out of an msva with half the players at 4k+ item level and we were humiliatingly decimated before we could even really get going on the boss. There was no AA going around any players, but ever 2 seconds someone or even a few people would be glowing green, laying on the ground.

The last time I remember this type of inability to play content was when Elemental Evil was released (level cap was increased) and spitting spiders in eToS would one shot pretty much everyone. Not to mention Tiamat became impossible... they quickly adjusted the amount of hit points of the mobs, and the amount of damage the mobs deal.

I must say that it is utterly ludicrous to talk about fine tuning AA to block 20% of the players max hp per rank when THE MOBS IN EPIC CONTENT HIT FOR OVER 100-200k dmg every 3 seconds!!!! My cw has like 110k hit points and ANY attack from the boss in msva instantly kills me now, no matter what buffs are on me.

I am just so frustrated that this CYCLE of players figuring out how to survive/thrive, only to have the mechanisms of their survival/thriving REMOVED every couple months. Yes, sometimes it is ridiculous stuff and has to be fixed, like when Orcus sets allowed a single GWF to solo the dragon run in WoD. ( LOL ) But when it comes to this specific change y'all F'd it up. You got rid of the OP who keeps us alive, and now you got rid of the DC who keeps us alive. What's next? remove unstoppable from GWF? or maybe Guard from GF's? Thorned roots from HR's? stealth from the TR? ... I have never felt so hopeless about playing this game, 3 years I have been here loving the heck out of it. Even when you took away the AD from the professions and the whole community was apoplectic... at least then the game was still fun. But now the saga of my characters career ends with an incomplete weapon set and an unnerving sense of futility. :cry:

P.S. -
    How am I supposed to ever finish makin these relic weapons I've been chipping away at for a few months? I haven't even started the NEW content cause the old content was almost impossible to complete!? (I know there are alot of really geared hardcore players who did MSVA like the first day a thousand times and think it is so easy that they could solo it... bs 98% of us are going to not be able to do it now... evar! so why keep playing??)
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    xreverusx said:

I think the real issue here is that the nerf on AA made it useless, and sadly enough AA had become the only way to survive content like msva.

It is not entirely useless - it is about the same level now as the corresponding DO DC daily power - just situationally useful, not a grossly overpowered content-trivializing power.

And no, it was not the "only way" to survive mSVA, which is now where it should be, hard, but doable by a good, well-geared and well coordinated group that understands the mechanisms. In fact, mSVA is now what it was meant to be - true, challenging end-game content. It should not be doable by just anyone.
    Hoping for improvements...
This discussion has been closed.