test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

UPDATE 2 - Scheduled Maintenance [3/16]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
11:37am PT
Maintenance complete!

11:03am PT
Maintenance has entered its "white gloves" phase which means it's doing the final checks.

10:02am PT
Some final checks are still pending so we are keeping servers locked until all functions pass their appropriate QA checks. We will be providing an update by 11am PT at the latest.

3/16 8:50am PT
Maintenance for Neverwinter on PC has been extended until 10am PT. One of our server restarts was delayed causing the subsequent updates and maintenance tasks to be delayed as well.

Neverwinter on PC will undergo extended maintenance tomorrow 3/16 starting at 5:30AM PT until 9AM PT. Patch Notes can be found here.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I just hope the DC respec is not a forced respec, as I really do not need to alter any of my 3 DCs.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Urgh, why so early for the patch? You've just killed a day for people located in Asia.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    The plants thank you for their renewed growth.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Great work here on the patch notes. There are quite a lot of changes compared to the preview notes. Ap generation during SOS is a huge win for protector guardian fighters and im happy with this change or more like reversion since this was taken out at mod 4 due to ahem ahem glyph mania :smiley: , Could you please take a look at the lifesilk Spinneret. It's missing out a cloth piece and quite frankly its a vulgar display right now ... though some would prefer it this way.
  • Options
    xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Wow, a lot of nice stuff on that patch.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Good stuff on the AMW and Focus changes. No mention of the alleged 3/day Focus cap, though. Does this still exist? Has it been removed? Modified?
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I am surprised (and not very happy) about the DC changes hitting Live so soon ... they are just too buggy, and too many things broken. One extra week would really have been appropriate.

According to my guildmate Sylux, Living fire and Repurpose Soul are broken.

I am wondering whether they have a hard deadline for the release of Mod 11-B (it was promised "soon" after all), and want to put that on Preview, so they need to get this out of the way first.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    thnx again @nitocris83 for getting us notified AND patch notes in the patch notes section,,, helps us non-believers in social media find out what is going on,, thnx again :)
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Hm, it appears maintenance has been extended by an hour. It is now showing as running from 5.30am to 10.00 Pacific Time. Here in the UK that is 12.30pm to 5.00pm GMT. At least that is what it says on the Login launcher panel. It would be nice if this thread could be officially updated to reflect any changes as well....or are we supposed to check on Facebook and Twitter for that sort of information these days ?
  • Options
    ascellascell Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    qexotic said:

Hm, it appears maintenance has been extended by an hour. It is now showing as running from 5.30am to 10.00 Pacific Time. Here in the UK that is 12.30pm to 5.00pm GMT. At least that is what it says on the Login launcher panel. It would be nice if this thread could be officially updated to reflect any changes as well....or are we supposed to check on Facebook and Twitter for that sort of information these days ?

Damn it bro what have u done? They thought ppl wont notice that :)

• Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    @qexotic Julia stated last week - or the week before - that small announcements like that are now kept to twitter and fb. The forum are only for larger discussions, not short announcements. Probably not her decision to do that, so it is what it is.

So to answer your question, yes it's twitter and fb from now on for those things.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Ironically (?), she just updated the original post with some info. <3
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

@qexotic Julia stated last week - or the week before - that small announcements like that are now kept to twitter and fb. The forum are only for larger discussions, not short announcements. Probably not her decision to do that, so it is what it is.

So to answer your question, yes it's twitter and fb from now on for those things.

I did see that announcement but it didn't make sense then or now. These forums are the principal official location for NW information and should remain so. If they want to repeat information on secondary sites such as Facebook and Twitter that's fine but this site should be the main source for all important infromation and associated posts. Personally, I don't waste any of my time visiting Twitter for any purpose and Facebook is lucky to see me once a week. That will not be changing to fit in with NW news posts and updates >:)

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Dude,, it WAS stated in forums that it WOULD be extended,, scroll up and check yourself,,, the original post was edited to show the extension,, 9 full minutes BEFORE it would have normally come back online,, check the time stamp of the edit if you dont believe me,,, eyes, we have them for a purpose

Edited to add this: Thank you again @nitocris83 for informing those of us who dont follow social media, here on the forums, and also thnx for the heads up AHEAD of time, rather than 10, 20, 30 mins into a problem that has arisen :)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    wasn't responding to you indigosoul,
    was actually responding to those that were complaining that the forums were not updated,, your post happened to get posted while i was typing,, ya know,, a thing that happens sometimes with the interwebs
  • Options
    divineone69divineone69 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    wow people still complaining about a few hours of maintanaince? I remember when WoW maintaniance would take all day. That's why we found other games to play on Tuesdays.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    lol,, have a beer or other tasty beverage like me to while away the extra time,, lol :)
    it is what it is,, computers and Hamster do stupid Hamster things sometimes
  • Options
    Murphy,, he does stuff,, usually at the worst possible time,, lol
  • Options
    lightvengerlightvenger Member Posts: 1 Arc User

3/16 8:50am PT
    Maintenance for Neverwinter on PC has been extended until 10am PT. One of our server restarts was delayed causing the subsequent updates and maintenance tasks to be delayed as well.

Neverwinter on PC will undergo extended maintenance tomorrow 3/16 starting at 5:30AM PT until 9AM PT. Patch Notes can be found here.

Waiting!
  • Options
    polkolpolkol Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    exented for another half hour?
  • Options
    wilodwilod Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    they barely ever finish in there estimated time scales, They should stop giving there down times a finish time and just go with announcing when it will start and then just drop a update in forum or twitter its done then they wont be under any pressure and no one will be holding them to there own estimates.
  • Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    now another half hour wow
    We will be performing shard maintenance on March 16 from 5:30-10:30 AM Pacific (12:30-17:30 UTC). Please check the forums.
  • Options
    polkolpolkol Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    meh... HAMSTER happens...
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    They nerfed AA and the Hamsters got hit HARD!
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    wilodwilod Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    10:02am PT
    Some final checks are still pending so we are keeping servers locked until all functions pass their appropriate QA checks. We will be providing an update by 11am PT at the latest.

at least not long now if only under QA
This discussion has been closed.