test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arcanic focus change

pile2000pile2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
"Arcanic Focus: This ingredient has been added to the Daily and Weekly quest rewards. Drop rates have been adjusted in the dig sites for this ingredient."
- patch notes
-
So do you think the drop rate in the dig sites has been adjusted up or down?
How about the daily cap on Arcanic focus, is it still there? And if it is, is it 3 and does that take the quest drops into account?
Might be useful to share your experiences after the change happens.

Comments

• therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    Since @ctatumdev#6113 showed a fraction of the so desperatly demanded transparency towards the community in the closed thread about arcanic focus, perhaps he (or @nitocris83 or another dev) can shed some more light on the nature of the change related to the AF drop rate. I bet the community would apprechiate it.
  • pile2000pile2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    Details would be useful for testing the change also. How can we tell a difference between a bug and a feature otherwise.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Since @ctatumdev#6113 showed a fraction of the so desperatly demanded transparency towards the community in the closed thread about arcanic focus, perhaps he (or @nitocris83 or another dev) can shed some more light on the nature of the change related to the AF drop rate. I bet the community would apprechiate it.

The daily gives 2 and the weekly gives 5. Even if you get none from the dig sites you finish in 33 days.

The drop rate from dig sites is kind of irrelevant at this point just because of the EoE costs.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    After opening the store and the second task in that chain , my weapon cost is 120 EoE and off hand 60 EoE. That is about a week of EoE playing lazy. It is possible to get enough EoE for the offhand in 2 days.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    pile2000 said:

After opening the store and the second task in that chain , my weapon cost is 120 EoE and off hand 60 EoE. That is about a week of EoE playing lazy. It is possible to get enough EoE for the offhand in 2 days.

That's if you do things incorrectly. You need to unlock the weekly task first which means you're doing the first two portal stone tasks at 25 EoE per day. That'll take around 9-10 days. Then you need 150 to do the store tasks, which is another week. Then you've got 180 for the weapons which is another week. So about 24 days at which point you'll have 68 arcanic focus. The drop rate could stay about the same as it currently is and you'd still have enough to restore your weapon by then.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    urabask said:

The daily gives 2 and the weekly gives 5. Even if you get none from the dig sites you finish in 33 days.

33 days is actually quite reasonable, and as you say there is already some time-gating because of the EoE cost. The actual implementation really starts to matter if you want multiple weapon sets. I am not talking about buying weapons for your alts, as you cannot buy weapons for other classes (something which I would actually like to see), but rather if you want multiple weapon sets for a single character.

Example: For me as a DC, the Fey set is the best choice when I am in a group (the old Burning set is a contender too, and maybe the Stronghold set, but that's not the issue here). However, when soloing, the Aboleth set is probably superior, with its higher personal damage. So, I want both. I might eventually get the other two, just for the achievement you get when you collect all 4, but that's irrelevant for now).

I would like to know how this change will affect how long it will take me to get both weapon sets, and as others have said, information on the daily limit mechanism would be much appreciated.
    Hoping for improvements...
    This module was supposed to be about having choices on how you progress, so I wouldn't say going for the weapons and ignoring the weekly would be "wrong". But yes, I am more focused on how this change will be for the players who have been playing for weeks than how the Cloaked Ascendancy campaign would be for someone starting it today.

For players like me, AF is the only limiter. I still need 48 arcanic focus, so dig site drop rates will make days of wait time.
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Eh... Still bound to character not account? =( I am running through river district on 3 characters and only one actually needs weapons. So with this changes 2 of my chars gonna get this pretty much useless for them trash with no other choice but discard. Same problem as reclaimed runes from SKT onve you got you weapons. Changes are nice & all but would be awesome if devs started planning ahead already and gave us options to spend stuff like that. I mean vendors are already there.