test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Divinity Drain (Bond of Virtue bug) *FIXED*

isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
edited March 2017 in The Citadel
Now I cannot really get footage of this, and it cannot be shown in a still image. So I am hoping someone will know where I am coming from or understands. While I was running some dungeons on my Paladin I noticed that it was much more difficult to gain divinity. I then noticed that my divinity is draining while I am on combat. This only happens in combat and while the encounter [Bond of Virtue] is active. Ive turned off this encounter and noticed that my divinity was no longer being drained. Now I have a sneaking suspicion that it may have to do with vengeful judge combination. But I personally have not tested this, however I know for a fact that Bond of Virtue is draining divinity usage. If someone can check up on this and see if its happening to them or not, that would be great! :)

(BUG WAS FIXED WITH MODULE 11) SORRY ANY XBOX OR PS4 USERS GOTTA WAIT A BIT LONGER BUT THE FIX IS COMING.
Post edited by isaintify1 on

Comments

• Options
    mazdaguy80#8291 mazdaguy80 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I think I've seen the same issue. I noticed I would lose Divinity instead of gaining it during battle and just using At-Wills. And while I'm able to get some Divinity to build up during battles via Encounters, I noticed it takes longer than usual.

Now, if Bond of Virtue is causing this, I'm going to assume that this is a bug, and it needs attention by ARC devs. OP Healadins are already having problems getting into groups being lower on the scale of wanted classes, this only amplifies the problem.
  • Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Are you running Vow as well? I tend to run those together so I wasn't sure which one was causing the effect you are talking about, but yes, I can confirm that Divinity gets drained. Even at three pips, if I am in combat, it will drain down to two pips without hitting tab.
  • Options
    arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1227328/did-they-change-divine-call

Here is a thread I posted a couple of weeks ago describing the same issue.
  • Options
    rubytrue said:

Are you running Vow as well? I tend to run those together so I wasn't sure which one was causing the effect you are talking about, but yes, I can confirm that Divinity gets drained. Even at three pips, if I am in combat, it will drain down to two pips without hitting tab.

Yes but vow isnt a cause because ive tested this on the dummies. Just being in combat while bond of Virtue is active drains divinity.

• Options

I think I've seen the same issue. I noticed I would lose Divinity instead of gaining it during battle and just using At-Wills. And while I'm able to get some Divinity to build up during battles via Encounters, I noticed it takes longer than usual.

Now, if Bond of Virtue is causing this, I'm going to assume that this is a bug, and it needs attention by ARC devs. OP Healadins are already having problems getting into groups being lower on the scale of wanted classes, this only amplifies the problem.

This is quite a bad and serious bug in my opinion, because it really messes with tab key when I try to use it.

• Options
    Ive talked with many heal paladins since my post and every single one has been having the same issue with bond of virtue and divinity. Its being drained D: I think I shall officially make a bug report now that I know that this issue is affecting everyone. Id also like other people to report this as well.
  • Options
    Just want to add a bit more to this discussion.

I only notice the drain when other people are within your Bond's range. If no one is in range, the Divine Energy bar doesn't drain at all. It only seems to drain if 1 or more people are within your BoV range.

I posted it here so it would get more attention by DEVs.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228603/oathbound-paladins-bond-of-virtue-bug

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Bearing in mind that devs rarely do investigative testing (except on things that lose them money) you'll probably need to do some yourself to get a fix anytime soon.

By that I mean have a person or two to help, run through turning on/off all auras etc to see if any of them are a part of the equation. If you can find that it's a combination of 2+ factors or even that it's just BV by itself being in range of players would help. Also, think about posting a short video of it happening whilst your chat window is on 'log' so they can see nothing is registering.

See if it drains faster when more people are in range, how about if they have aggro from enemies, taking/not taking damage etc.

These things should provide them with sufficient detail and hopefully get them working on it sooner rather than later.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Yesterday I did not notice this bug. Is it fixed? Nothing official in patch notes. I am PC player.
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • Options

Yesterday I did not notice this bug. Is it fixed? Nothing official in patch notes. I am PC player.

Yeah, it seemed to be fixed as far as I could tell. On the PC as well.
  • Options

Yeah they fixed it with the recent patch (THANK GOD) :) Its nice that they took notice to the forums/reports.

• Options

Yeah they fixed it with the recent patch (THANK GOD) :) Its nice that they took notice to the forums/reports.

You should mention what platform It is fixed.
    Bug is still occuring on PS4.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

You should mention what platform It is fixed.
    Bug is still occuring on PS4.
    Fixed in Cloaked Ascendancy.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

Fixed in Cloaked Ascendancy.

rubytrue said:

Yeah, it seemed to be fixed as far as I could tell. On the PC as well.

Awesome. This bug right now is a pretty significant drop in DPS. More often than not, I see myself with no Divine Call charges. I'll use Divine Call once, and have no charges left sometimes.. it's pretty frustrating.

Oh.... This is speculative, but if you're a PS4 player, I have a feeling we PS4 (and possibly XBONE) players get MOD11 on April 11th.
    I've come to this conclusion by the simple fact that there is nothing in our Event calendar beyond the April 9th events.... the last time we saw a gap like that in the event calendar, was just before MOD 10.5 was released for us.