test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming Devoted Cleric Changes

Comments

• araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    So is everyone happy with the changes ?

After 17 pages of suggestions , can anyone tell me what suggestion was accepted and what did came out on the preview as a fix ?

Since there was tons of really good suggestions in here.
    Did anyone notice any fixes implemented or DC is good as it is ?
    MSVA / FBI / SP ..here we come.. oh wait. NOT.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited March 2017

AA is pretty much in the state I knew it would be. Reading tooltips and doing math is great but practical application is another. DO is easily IMO the favored path now and it isn't close. Those thinking AC is still better haven't tried the new build to see how fast AA it is eliminated. Maybe on boss fights like Orcus it's great but in many places in game I find it to be pointless. I'd much rather take a consistent buff from TI that works everywhere.

It may not be so straight. Many dps are going lightining enchantment, needing more and more power to take the best from it.
    It's just a pure speculation, but some power share will be appreciated. For sure a party with 1 DO and 1 AC looks promising.
    Anyhow, I want to try a different direction to provide mitigation. I still don't know who is going to save an average party: you can learn how to avoid red areas, the best coordination, the best buff etc but a 100% perfect run is not always possible (be prapared for a lake of tears :p ).

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @rapo973 that is a good point regarding power and the comment from @putzboy78 on buff vs debuff. The latter I hadn't considered. I'm also trying to find a mitigation path but going with straight DO is a fallback plan.
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    It´s what I expected because there is lots of precedence for that...take something outlandishly op and nerf it into oblivion...instead of actually toning it down and balancing it... I agree with what others have said and suggested regarding retaining a reasonable level of usefulness of the daily. As of now it seems rather unhelpful (in more situations than not) in terms of mitigation AND buff...which is silly?
    I´m just fuzzy about whether this actually is the class rework for the dc or if this is just some quick fix (or mess-up:P) and the actual rework is still coming? I assume the latter but would like to have some reassurance...if the former is true that would be very disappointing :(
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

I´m just fuzzy about whether this actually is the class rework for the dc or if this is just some quick fix (or mess-up:P) and the actual rework is still coming? I assume the latter but would like to have some reassurance...if the former is true that would be very disappointing :(

"class rework" and "quick fix" are not mutually exclusive. Basically, what is on Preview now is what we will most likely get, but hopefully some of the not-quite-fixed or sort-of-fixed-but-with new-bugs issues will get solved before this goes live.

Now, I'm a DO, but I still think that the nerf to AA may have been a bit too aggressive - it is now essentially as useless as the corresponding DO daily power.

I find that kind-of sad ... why can the paragon-specific dailies not be as useful as HG which both paragons have access to ?

Hoping for improvements...
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    they fixed repurose soul, but looking at the other feat changes --> its buffing PVP righteous.
    • 30% more ArP of your own stat = only usefull in PVP
    • living fire deal 25% extra piercing damage for 8 sec when you go below 30% = only usefull in PVP
    AC got annointed armor and exaltation, even today with no diminishing return on stat those are strong PVP powers and probably any class will love to have them (hard to imagine they do the same thing since mod5)
    but if righous AC "must" take blessing of the battle and few points into templar domain.
    it will take AC 4x BoB to fill his divinity - thats alot for PVP.

DO can take gift of gods + righeous with no problems. and BoS is strong divinity generator.
    even today ppl claim DO do more DPS, with those changes there is no reason to argue

i don't think cleric will be strong PVP killer like GF, HR or TR.
    but we should see more Righteous in PVP soon
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    plavia said:

they fixed repurose soul, but looking at the other feat changes --> its buffing PVP righteous.

• 30% more ArP of your own stat = only usefull in PVP
    • living fire deal 25% extra piercing damage for 8 sec when you go below 30% = only usefull in PVP
    AC got annointed armor and exaltation, even today with no diminishing return on stat those are strong PVP powers and probably any class will love to have them (hard to imagine they do the same thing since mod5)
    but if righous AC "must" take blessing of the battle and few points into templar domain.
    it will take AC 4x BoB to fill his divinity - thats alot for PVP.

DO can take gift of gods + righeous with no problems. and BoS is strong divinity generator.
    even today ppl claim DO do more DPS, with those changes there is no reason to argue

i don't think cleric will be strong PVP killer like GF, HR or TR.
    but we should see more Righteous in PVP soon
    30% of your own arp stat. Interesting, that could be more useful than I thought (for pvp yes)

The new Living Fire is not piercing damage, and is horrifyingly buggy. If you die with living fire procced, and you soulforge, you will be sitting at 1% HP without living fire and it will not reproc. It seems to either have a cooldown, or doesn't check to see if it should activate if you are already below 30% HP

I think the best solve for the feats issue is to make ALL the paragon feats good, instead of just one of the AC ones. That way DO Righteous would also have to choose between taking divinity regen, or another good feat. The issue isn't that AC has to take Fervor of Battle (or whatever the feat is called), it's that the feat is so good, it's required, yet no other paragon feat is that good (including the other AC paragon feats).

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

edited March 2017
    @dreadnaught#5263 Why don't Chains of Blazing Light and Daunting Light proc Repurpose Soul (on preview)? Were these powers not intended to proc it?

• araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

It´s what I expected because there is lots of precedence for that...take something outlandishly op and nerf it into oblivion...instead of actually toning it down and balancing it... I agree with what others have said and suggested regarding retaining a reasonable level of usefulness of the daily. As of now it seems rather unhelpful (in more situations than not) in terms of mitigation AND buff...which is silly?

I do not know why it was expected , this time , to be different.
    How long are we here and have seen exactly what is going on and how things are " fixed " ?

We all knew it is going to be nerfed to the oblivion. People asked for it and got what they wanted.

I am just sorry non of the changes suggested here and the bug fixes where taken into the notice.
    People actually put effort into trying to explain what exactly is happening with every single power we have.
    Be it at will, encounter or daily.
    And it was ignored.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I think it's be very useful if they reworked the Virtuous path into a group protection/lifesaver orientation. Currently, HoT skills are pretty much a waste of time anyway and Virtuous was only popular when Haste was a thing.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    edited March 2017

Imo it's a quick fix (partial mess?) of the most urgent items. A class rework needs more time and a deeper insight: the review of the virtuous path has been ignored as an example. I can add the rework of the heroic feats or the review of some powers already listed here.
    At the end of the day, I've the bittersweet feeling of a missed/incomplete opportunity to create options and more variety.
    I don't expect too much in the future: it was said that the new approach is to avoid major rework and to fix "local" issues if any.

Oltreverso guild leader
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Maybe we should try to put together a quick list of which fixes do not work as intended, and the new bugs that were introduced - and present those in a "priority" order. To be realistic, there is no chance all the remaining minor issues will get fixed, but if we can get the major problems with the changes fixed, well...it will be an improvement of what we have now.

I am fairly sure they want the DC changes to go on Live next week.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    A good build for mitigation is missing, AA will not be a big help. It had to be fixed, but lost it´s biggest part of protection and powerbuff vanishes immidiately when the balls are consumed :(
    I will test a virtousbuild, using HG+Devine Armor, maybe as a DO on preview.
    -> the uptime of tht temp HP seems to be 4 seconds, lol

They did not take the opportunity and time to get this rework done in a propper way, more sloppy, same what happened to other classes btw., sry about it.
    The best part of the class are the buffs/debuffs and there is not much to hold against. I am pretty sure this class will stay 90% rightous, condemned to take the buffer role because that´s what is asked for.
    Spamming doubledailies, using hastening light (HG-AA-AA-HG) and running a double setup DO/AC will be the next standart and will make the chat even more painfull i fear,
    "lfm eSP, Doubledaily AC/DC + DO max-buffer"

I got a question, maybe someone knows. On preview getting hit I regenerade AP doing nothing, wandereer vigor heal tick, but no gift of hast active, can´t figure out how this works.
    Mabye healing action+ vigor , gonna ask ACT.
    Post edited by schietindebux on

I got a question, maybe someone knows. On preview getting hit I regenerade AP doing nothing, wandereer vigor heal tick, but no gift of hast active, can´t figure out how this works.
    Mabye healing action+ vigor , gonna ask ACT.

If you are in combat, it could be your artifact neck piece.

edited March 2017
    Here some fancy suggestions for the virtuous path. Values to be changed if the case.

Urgent prayers:
    Today: When one of your Heal Over Time effects heals a target below 10/20/30/40/50% Hit Points, it will heal for an additional 25% of your Weapon Damage.

New_1: When one of your Heal Over Time effects heals a target below 10/20/30/40/50% Hit Points, the target has an additional 15% deflection chance for 10 seconds.A target may only benefit once every 30 seconds.

or New_2: When one of your Heal Over Time effects heals a target, it gets +3/6/9/12/15% deflect chance for 10 seconds.A target may only benefit once every 30 seconds.

This feat is on the same column of Battle Fervor. It means that if you want both, you have to give up a feat from the righteous path. This feat would increase the deflect stat and it can been seen as a random source of mitigation.

Gift of Life The name tells everything....
    Today: Your Heal Over Time effects heal for 5/10/15/20/25% more while you are at 100% health.

New: Your Heal Over Time effects have a 1/2/3/4/5% chance to remove revive sickness. A target may only benefit once every 4 minutes.

This is a very focused specialization for the most challenging dungeons/raid: FBI, mSVA and the future hardest contents. Being very specialized, I don't see a big conflict with the stronghold boon. It's a small chance and it would have a long cooldown.
    Again: we don't have infinite feats points, but this can be a nice add-on. With the incoming loadout features, this can be a piece of a secondary build (if I understand correctly how the loadout system works).

Unbreakable Devotion
    my beloved feat.
    Today:Your Heal Over Time effects grant allies a shield that ignores a flat amount of damage for 6 seconds. This amount is equal to 10/20/30/40/50% of your Weapon Damage. A target may only benefit from this shield once every 20 seconds.

New: your Heal Over Time effects grant allies a shield that ignores an amount of damage for 6 seconds. This amount is equal to 15/30/45/60/70% of your recovery. A target may only benefit from this shield once every 20 seconds.

A feat that progress with your DC and its equipment. I chose the recovery stat because it forces the DC to find a trade-off between power, recovery, insigna, bondings and enchantments. If you want to migate more, you have to give up your power stat and the righteous path. I believe that no DC will give up all the power to have an insane amount of recovery.

Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    edited March 2017
    rapo973 said:

Here some fancy suggestions for the virtuous path. Values to adjusted if the case.

Urgent prayers:
    Today: When one of your Heal Over Time effects heals a target below 10/20/30/40/50% Hit Points, it will heal for an additional 25% of your Weapon Damage.

New_1: When one of your Heal Over Time effects heals a target below 10/20/30/40/50% Hit Points, the target has an additional 15% deflection chance for 10 seconds.A target may only benefit once every 30 seconds.

or New_2: When one of your Heal Over Time effects heals a target, it gets +3/6/9/12/15% deflect chance for 10 seconds.A target may only benefit once every 30 seconds.

This feat is on the same column of Battle Fervor. It means that if you want both, you have to give up a feat from the righteous path. This feat would increase the deflect stat and it can been seen as a random source of mitigation.

Interesting idea. I don't like #1, since if they are below half HP, they already died and were soulforged most of the time anyways, so deflection chance won't help them. However the #2 version is interesting, since it doesn't have 100% up-time, and could require you not using heals until just before people get hit. According to the wording though, they would still need to be damaged before it could apply. That would be an issue, it probably would need to be "when your heal over time effects are applied" like gift of haste. I also don't think it fits the feat name all that well though, but since it doesn't seem to be an original D&D reference like most other feats, they could probably change it.
    rapo973 said:

Gift of Life The name tells everything....
    Today: Your Heal Over Time effects heal for 5/10/15/20/25% more while you are at 100% health.

New: Your Heal Over Time effects have a 1/2/3/4/5% chance to remove revive sickness. A target may only benefit once every 4 minutes.

This is a very focused specialization for the most challenging dungeons/raid: FBI, mSVA and the future hardest contents. Being very specialized, I don't see a big conflict with the stronghold boon. It's a small chance and it would have a long cooldown.
    Again: we don't have infinite feats points, but this can be a nice add-on. With incoming loadout features, this can be a piece of a secondary build (if I understand correctly how the loadout system works).

That's pretty crazy powerful for a tier 3 feat. I would think it would need moved to Tier 4/5 since I really would like to see incentive to be non-righteous. Love the idea though.
    rapo973 said:

Unbreakable Devotion
    my beloved feat.
    Today:Your Heal Over Time effects grant allies a shield that ignores a flat amount of damage for 6 seconds. This amount is equal to 10/20/30/40/50% of your Weapon Damage. A target may only benefit from this shield once every 20 seconds.

New: your Heal Over Time effects grant allies a shield that ignores an amount of damage for 6 seconds. This amount is equal to 15/30/45/60/70% of your recovery. A target may only benefit from this shield once every 20 seconds.

A feat that progress with your DC and its equipment. I chose the recovery stat because it forces the DC to find a trade-off between power, recovery, insigna, bondings and enchantments. If you want to migate more, you have to give up your power stat and the righteous path. I believe that no DC will give up all the power to have an insane amount of recovery.

70% of your recovery is what 14k unbuffed? If it works like empowered astral shield that sounds like a pvp nightmare, if it works like Warding Flare (blue HP) it sounds decently useful, but the up-time seems strange.

I like the ideas because the tree does need looked at. The references to 25%-50% weapon damage are just a joke. It's like Light of Divinity, it hasn't scaled with the times (if they were ever even viable). When you could change Light of Divinity to a single target heal that would heal 1% of the target's max HP every tick, and it would still heal 15 targets to max HP faster than the current Light of Divinity... you know there is a problem.

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Anyone realised we are talking to air and there is not even a response from devs for weeks?
    edited March 2017
    jazzfong said:

Anyone realised we are talking to air and there is not even a response from devs for weeks?

You have to believe they are watching, or it just feels bad :D

You do realize that although they didn't respond, several of the changes were directly related to comments made by people earlier in the thread.

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User

jazzfong said:

You have to believe they are watching, or it just feels bad :D

You do realize that although they didn't respond, several of the changes were directly related to comments made by people earlier in the thread.
    Even if it is related to ppl's earlier comment, that was comment at least 3 weeks ago, and Im still waiting them to solve PoD issue where it cannot be canceled or have its AP refunded when creep dies during animation, and daunting light/chains empowerment got stolen by other skills and Hammer of Fate deals 0 damage if target moves too far but you still being rooted, consumed whole bar of AP and forced to perform that lousy long casting animation for no purpose except as a free dummy for others.
    edited March 2017
    Talking to air? Maybe as we have done for months and years in the Temple forum.
    I just enjoy a moment of social interaction: I don't have any expectation.

Oltreverso guild leader
  • devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    jazzfong said:

While some of the posts recently have seen a lot of dev activity, it's not really the norm. The deafening silence seems to be far more standard and expected.

But perhaps it's also because many of these posts are tacking on wishlists for more DC changes. I think that's valuable - and a good conversation to have - as so many of our power/feat choices (specifically in virtuous) need changing or some sort of modification. But it's also pretty unlikely to happen in this pass.

What I think would be more productive at this point is just tackling the changes that are made. Some people have identified some of the "fixed" feats that arent fixed at all. But a lot of the changes havent been mentioned.

I wish I could test these things myself but I'm just a console pleb with a home pc that I'm shocked can even run MS Word so dont have access to the preview. I'm dying to know how some of these changes look though in the "real" world. I've seen some feedback on the more important skills, but has anyone looked at:

Lance of Faith - ???? (is the range of the splash damage working? is it good?)

Warding Flare - how is it working exactly? Do the "ticks" of shield stack upon themselves?

Warding Flare - how is it working exactly? Do the "ticks" of shield stack upon themselves?

Nope, they reset to the old value like temp HP, except they are blue shield HP.

• plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User

@dreadnaught#5263 Why don't Chains of Blazing Light and Daunting Light proc Repurpose Soul (on preview)? Were these powers not intended to proc it?

thats the staus today (i think)
    guess we wont get big feats update.
    they touched 3 fetas. one got buggy / worse, one they could not fix completly.

since start they don't touch the heroic feats.
    healing action doing same thing since day one.
    since mode 5 only regular DG, BoH, HW, SB can do that.
    so i get +5% AP on those only?
    lot of our heals done in divine mode.
  • magnusg15magnusg15 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    What's important for you guys to realize is that your content is generally unplayable without the metas that develop. you want to nerf AA and with it potentially nerf 20 minute FBI runs, so nobody will run FBI the dungeon is not rewarding enough if you cant get it done in under a half hour. You can't expect people not to find ways to try to avoid your one-shot content. Also, AA really isn't that bad in zones like FBI and msva when you have ever frost doing secondary damage, so every single bow shot or paw swipe takes off 2 tics of AA. in MSVA you have ice on the ground ticking constantly while you are in battle making one DC nearly irrelevant on their own. All you have to do is return it's effectiveness to 90% per swing and all of a sudden it's no longer game breaking... additionally you already have mechanics like rock throws completely ignore all mitigation. If you want to take away one shot protection then stop making one shot content. I've tried running with a pally dropping his circle, his halo and me dropping both hallowed and divine armor and people are still getting one shot through it all.

I'm all for fixing over-powered powers, but you need to fix them on the other end as well.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I guess it is not wasted to go on testing and giving feedback.
    About devine mode they allready stated, that it is not ment to gain AP by using devine encounter, like Chains , Searing light atm.,
    So you wont get AP by heals or damage in devine mode, the feat Furious Intervention doesn´t work in devine mode too.
    If you focus on AP gain and recovery, take one of those mountbonus, maybe the burningset and the DC sigil you will be able to double spam dailies if that´s what you want.

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    @dreadnaught#5263 is blessings of battle buff suposed have such a short radius?