test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 11 flaming or terror

brick#6890 brick Member Posts: 68 Arc User
Looking ahead on the console to mod 11, which of the two enchants are better for dps?

I have both at transcendent and would like some pc feedback for both or either?

Thanks

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Looking ahead on the console to mod 11, which of the two enchants are better for dps?

I have both at transcendent and would like some pc feedback for both or either?

Thanks

PvEwise, I haven't gotten either.

I did try a T. Holy Avenger (@flensburger99 lent me his T. Holy Avenger for testing), which is similar to Flaming in that both have good "(x)% of weapon damage" procs.

The trial in question was during an alliance Dragonflight. It only made up 8% of my DPS, which was competing with my biggest sources of damage, like Crushing Surge, WMS, Jagged Blades, and Knee Breaker (and the random Anvil or two I got in there), and the oddball Wheel of Elements proc. 8% isn't that much in hindsight.

Fo the same principles as the GWF, I will have to advise against using a Flaming or Terror for DPS.

The GF fights with slow, but hard hitting attacks. We don't hit as often when compared to a Trapper HR, CW, or even a GWF in Unstoppable. But when we hit, we hit hard. Vorpal augments this style of fighting the best, imo.

If you're going to make the argument of using a Terror for a combo of damage and damage debuff, you might as well use a T. Feytouched, which boasts a far superior damage debuff, but boosts your damage much more consistently than the Terror's damage procs.

• brick#6890 brick Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Ok, I'm not pure dps though. I'm most of the time the tank. I build tank > dps.
    I'm just at a gs now where I'm able to go conq and start doing more dmg in grps. As a jack of all trades, master of NONE (and doing some PvP) which would be recommended?

I think for the position, and kinda doing it all on one character terror may be best, but idk i really like both and would like to sell one. Uuuuggh
  • slapdriveslapdrive Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Personally I run a similar 'jack' kind of conqueror(just no pvp anymore), and love the T.Fey over anything like a vorpal since it still ups your damage and provides support. If you run in groups where you are constantly under perma-AA and HAMSTER like that(it's not like you need to tank in those situations at all), than I don't think fey means as much support wise, but adaptability is a good thing imo.

I'm not a fan of either of those enchants you suggested, but that's personal preference, I'd probably rock the terror out of the two if I couldn't get fey.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Terror is the better option in my opinion. It has better "Weapon damage" part, that is 73% for Terror and 71% with Fire x3 stacks on my current build. Flaming has the 194% weapon damage addition every 20 seconds, which is like 6k damage. Terrors buff increases damage by 6% for everything all the time. I think that will easily add up to be more damage in 20 seconds than 6k. It also reduces the damage you take.
    Note that none of these are based on any testing, but just some simple calculations from the tooltips.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    sell both tbh. The best enchants for a GF are Trans Plaguefire, feytouched or Vorpal and maybe Lightning for low dpser GFs, but I haven't tested that yet.

Plaguefire is the best for debuffing but it doesn't stack with others, so if you run with support dps (like MOf) they may have it or even OPs if they have it. Feytouched is generally only used by PvPers and OPs.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I'm using T.Fey regardless if I'm tanking or DPSing.

IMO Fey is great for both purposes, it reduces the mobs damage by quite a bit thus giving you and your team greater survivability. It also adds to your damage which makes it easier to keep aggro. For me it's a win-win.

Of course it does not stack with other Fey users so I'm always keeping a Frost for those situations (and yeah I know the uptime is meh).

Vorpal is probably still the best for a high crit toon, but I just can't stand the visual anymore...I prefer to be pretty pink :D
    Post edited by kemi1984 on
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    I concur on the Trans Fey... I use to switch to Vorpal for speed farming runs like CN, but I can't be bothered these days. I actually don't find there to be too much of a gap between the two enchants.

I think Plague is another good enchant... as not many other people run it... and they are CHEAP! :smile:

All depends on where you are in the scale of wealth and character development.

Best of luck with however you go.
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion