test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rewards for Level 70 Overflow Levels = INSULTING!!

lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited March 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
When I still have several powers to unlock, and you give me a SINGLE Flawless Sapphire (5k refining pts) for making another whole level after 70 really ticks me off! Those are a dime-a-dozen from random mob kills with my Dragon's Hoard Enchantment!

At least give people a 100% power point drop until they unlock all their powers. If you're giving out other rewards for making "another level", then make it unique or worth it. Here's your chance to say "thanks for continuing to play NWO and all the relentless grinding you do". A single flawless sapphire is...insulting.

Comments

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Just run Sharandar, guild experience boon, or slot prosperity ensignias. You will be at 100% 4point in every power in no time.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    r000kie said:

"Players consider a single Flawless Sapphire reward worthless due to Dragon's Hoard Enchantment"
    "Ok, we will remove anything above Aquamarine from Dragon's Hoard Enchantment reward - thank you for your feedback"

The worse XP overflow reward are the tome of 1500 XP + few companion tomes of same value, followed by 3xR5.

Oohh, those tomes... Every time i see them... man, so tired of them. I even don't mind those R5s, really :|

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I agree, and instead of the non-D&D number of 1,785,000 xp per level and because the chance of getting a power Point is about 25% and because 1,000,000 xp per level is a D&D norm, Raise the xp level to 4,000,000 xp, GUARANTEE a power point at each unlock PLUS 50k RP. You can do 50k Thaumateurgic stones, 50k Resonance stones, 50k Artifact Marks, One Blood Ruby, 5 Opals, 10 Sapphires, 50k RP worth of Sapphires, Aquamarines and Peridots or the Grand Prize of 75k RAD (no VIP bonus) or 50k RAD with VIP Bonus.

When you run out of Power Points at 124, bump the bonus to 100k RP, Grand Prize to 150k RAD (no VIP bonus) or 100k RAD with VIP Bonus. Any power points you have over 124 you can trade in for a chest and your choice of 100k RP Bonuses.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited March 2017

I agree, and instead of the non-D&D number of 1,785,000 xp per level and because the chance of getting a power Point is about 25% and because 1,000,000 xp per level is a D&D norm, Raise the xp level to 4,000,000 xp, GUARANTEE a power point at each unlock PLUS 50k RP. You can do 50k Thaumateurgic stones, 50k Resonance stones, 50k Artifact Marks, One Blood Ruby, 5 Opals, 10 Sapphires, 50k RP worth of Sapphires, Aquamarines and Peridots or the Grand Prize of 75k RAD (no VIP bonus) or 50k RAD with VIP Bonus.

When you run out of Power Points at 124, bump the bonus to 100k RP, Grand Prize to 150k RAD (no VIP bonus) or 100k RAD with VIP Bonus. Any power points you have over 124 you can trade in for a chest and your choice of 100k RP Bonuses.

I'd suggest that's not the solution most players would be looking for.

Well, we can get a level up reward everyday now. I do not see them changing them, even though they are horrible.

Now I just wanted to put this in context for other readers as I'm not replying to the individual quoted here that this this timeline require's you filling your UTIL slots with Azure Enchantments, possibly a combination of Insignia that offer glory/gold/xp bonus, and likely also may require being in a Guild that has the XP Boon. You're likely also going to be spending more time in Sea of Moving Ice or River District. But I agree with him when he says were not likely to expect this reward being extended 'too' much.

One THING I'd like to suggest adding to the 5x tome of 1500 XP & 10x companion tomes as a Greater Tomb of Companion Experiece for 252 astral diamonds offers far more experience to your companion is found in the Nostura's Companion Pack.

IF this reward when given extended to a single companion upgrade token which is BtC like a currency... well I think we'd not likely be even having this discussion even if they took time to acquire. We'd possibly also see a few more R5 Enchantments drop or the lonely Sapphire in place of the Companion Reward but it likely be appreciated when it did reward.

Still I don't think Power Point's are going to be drop more often, they are often those most sought after item people pray for, yet this small change offers a worthy substitute even those with full power points.

:)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    eh, free RP that you can save for 2x RP.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    My guess is that these reward were designed when the level cap was 60 and never fully reevaluated when the cap raised to 70. If the Enchants where bumped to lvl 7 and the exp tomes replaced with marks of potency in the range of 1superior, or 2 greater or 10 blue ones I would find it worth my while.
  • p3zzl3p3zzl3 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    5 Dings I have had absolute garbage from mine and still only have 3 Power Points :(

Wakeems Purse I've made more lol
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Make the reward equal the effort - how many hours does it take to grind out the extra XP levels? 10hours? 20 hours? I figure its easy enough to make 10k AD per hour [as a round number bear with me] so for the extra levels give us 100,000 RAD and let us spend it on what we want as a THANK you as stated above... or would that "ruin the economy"?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    When the level cap was 60, Rank 5s didn't drop. 4s are still what mobs drop at that level (discounting player scaling). The thing is, if they upped the drops to 7s, they'd be bound to stop botting. 5s can already be mass produced faster so it isn't an issue.

Regardless, anything is better than nothing - except for the tomes. They suck.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    There are 3 rewards that need changing - the 3 R5 enchants, the Companion and normalTomes of Experience books, and the single Flawless Sapphire. All those are aggravating. I wouldn't call it insulting, but definitely like getting the joke prize.
    3 r5? Thought it was 5.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User

Make the reward equal the effort - how many hours does it take to grind out the extra XP levels? 10hours? 20 hours? I figure its easy enough to make 10k AD per hour [as a round number bear with me] so for the extra levels give us 100,000 RAD and let us spend it on what we want as a THANK you as stated above... or would that "ruin the economy"?

Slot 5 Rank 8 Azures in your utility slots and go kill giants in Icewind Pass. You can make a level in about 60-90m of grinding. If you're really that desperate for levels and power points it's a very workable solution. I've done this a couple of times with different 70's to get their first few critical power points. After that the dragon hoard enchants (or quartermasters) go back in.
  • khangaaxkhangaax Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I do not use azures for xp in level 70, once I reach level 70 I use hoards in utilities (reason of why I'm really slow compared with other players and reason I play warlocks with passive/personal abilitie that grants you more speed and life steal). I recommend you among the other xp solutions as azures, prosperity insignias, zen xp boosters run epic dungeons and you will level fast but anyway, I think is better have refining resources until double refinement events than get experience to get power points or rough astral diamonds that you will get anyway. Gathering refinement resources will grant you more than those of 30000 astral diamonds and will improve your artifact equipment, artifacts or sell them in double refinement getting more astral diamonds.

I mean, don't go for xp, go for refinement resources if you don't think xp gives you better rewards and as I said running epic dungeons with dragon hoards will still give you lot of experience points and refinement resources. Many high item levels characters if you inspect them they are using hoards.

Regards
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2017

My guess is that these reward were designed when the level cap was 60 and never fully reevaluated when the cap raised to 70. If the Enchants where bumped to lvl 7 and the exp tomes replaced with marks of potency in the range of 1superior, or 2 greater or 10 blue ones I would find it worth my while.

The current rewards actually were revised upwards with the level cap raise. Instead of peridot, aquamarine, R4s, R5s, we have sapphire, opal, R5s, R6s. AD was increased and so was the quantity of XP tomes (yay?).

However, the rewards were not revised when they vastly increased the XP required to overlevel. That said, I think that there are now a lot of opportunities for dedicated XP farming if you wish to, so they are relatively unlikely to significantly boost them. It was a bigger complaint when every repeatable quest granted under 2k XP and there were fewer high XP farmable mobs.

Overflow rewards stack as long as you are willing to ignore their prompt and aren't desperate for the power points. I have opened 50+ at a time, saving them against 2xAD. I was fortunate enough that it ran concurrently with 2xGems.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Since my OP on this, I've made about 4 more levels. Still, not a single Power Point in about 7 level gains. My best reward has been the R6 enchantments (one time). Other 3 times were companion tomes, R5s, and yes, another single 5k Sapphire.

I guess If I want to get Power Points I'll just have to keep grinding away in OLD Sharandar 3-4 times a week to complete the Assist War Effort. Soooo boring.....
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    That's pretty bad luck but not statistically out of line. Power points drop 25% of the time, and that's based on a sample of multiple hundreds of overflows.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    My main is fully slotted for XP; Azures and Prosperity where I can. I do slot Dragon's Hoard and Quartermaster. I also can manage a level rollover pretty close to once a day.
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    My mate had 7 rewards (in a row) without PP. Guild boon, azures and xp insignias help but RNG is still pretty bad.
    200_s.gif
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    dont feel that bad, i had 10 times without getting PP and got it after 10th, i hate it. took me 3 1/2 months for one.
    now i am planning to do Sharandar as soon i get my new PC complete built.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I leveled on my main 3 times yesterday in just a few hours. I picked up all dailies for M10 & M10.5 for 3 days, on the third day I completed all 4 zones to clear the quest log.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Every. Stinking. Time...
    https://youtu.be/Ws5Q8C0n6vw
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I think this whole debate would die if they just changed the experience tomb & companion experience which only give like 1500xp each. You can buy a Greater Companion Treatise for like nothing and that gives 50,000 companion experience.

I don't think any would complain if they simply replaced this option with 1-2 companion upgrade tokens with 1 dropping far more often than 2. It still might take a while to upgrade a companion as this isn't going to drop all the time but if you also acquired upgrade tokens thru a variety of other means it would help compliment that.

At the very least a companion upgrade token would be something everyone would look forward to earning even after Power Points were fully filled. <3
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    it would help if they add "selectable choices", since if someone already had max out power points, if they get those, it would be waste.

what they should have add as menu selection, for example, select one check mark of 0 on list.
    BoP (bind on pick ups)
    Shareable in account (SiA)

0 1 Power point /(BoP)
    0 5 companion upgrade tokens /(SiA)
    0 1 armor gem sigil (for trade in choice of gem with seal vendor) /(SiA)
    0 1 weapon gem sigil /(SiA
    0 1 companion gear sigil (trade in token at mercenary guildshop) to get what you need for any gear for companions. /(SiA)
    0 1 universal artifact glyph gem (worth 10k refine points) /(BoP)
    0 1 bazaar writ, (need 5 for buying superior mark, need 10 writs for Coal wards) /both (BoP).

more could be added later for new updates.
    if dont like it, please make your concept for overflow xp rewards. let's hear yours'
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Just so we can all be clear I was able to farm overflow XP in 10min time. And I still had room to improve that timer. ;)
  • safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Heck no, I love experience books. And rank 5 enchantments are the best. If you think it's so awful, go play some other crappy game. Getting power points is a lot easier than it was in the past (post Mod 6), but some people are never happy. Give em an inch, they want a mile.
  • jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    At the very least raise the chances of getting a Power Point each level. It's so noticeable it's borderline intent.

Points you should take into consideration:
    - Enchantments max level was raised quite some time ago; rewards were not scaled to economy (again - intent? Or poor Change Control)
    - Guild XP boon - someone somewhere grinded for that reward, don't take it for any less; not everyone is a member of a high ranking guild
    - Inscribed Garments are a MICRO TRANSACTION from real currency
    - Slotting Azure into utility slots provides tangible/worthwhile benefits when the enchantment is an R7 or higher; doing so takes away from any other benefit a different enchantment would normally provide

Another situation where there are a lot of presentable facts to ignore. Taste familiar yet?