test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Reference] Power Sharing

dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
edited August 2018 in The Temple
Power Sharing "Base" Power
Starting in Mod 10 (Apr 2016) Power Sharing works differently than before: DC's 3 power-sharing abilities (Blessing of Battle (BoB) w/ Battle Fervor feat, Anointed Army (AA) daily, and Weapons of Light (WoL) feat) and OP's Aura Gifts feat only share "Base" un-buffed Power.

Rule of Thumb
  • If it's a pre-Mod12 buff with an icon by your portrait, or it's a Companion of any sort, it doesn't count towards "Base" Power. If it's Mod12 or later gear, it likely counts.
Note: With Mod12-13 additions, we are seeing more items that both feature a buff icon and count for "Base" Power (it muddies the rule of thumb, but at least it's in our favor).

Notable Exceptions to Rule of Thumb
  • Mod12+ Gear (Primal Arms & Rings, Rex Corona, Omu rings) - have buff icons, but do count towards "Base" Power
  • OP Class feature Oath of Protection - has buff icon, but does count towards "Base" Power

DO Count Towards Power-Sharing "Base" Power:
  • Passive Stat Campaign Boons
  • SH Power Boon
  • Cool Resolve (IWD Boon)
  • Passive Equipment Stats
  • Some Passive Equipment "Equip" Effects without icons by your portrait. Confirmed: Jarl's Gaze, Bloodstained Shirt, Guise of the Wolf Clan
  • Some Passive Equipment "Equip" Effects with icons. Confirmed: Primal Arms and Rings, Huntsman Arms, Rex Corona, Ring of the Gravestriker, Decaying Habit
  • Some Passive Equipment Set Bonuses without icons by your portrait. Confirmed: Dusk party set bonus, Company Neck + Belt set bonus, Pioneer Weapons)
  • Some Equipment Set Bonuses with icons by your portrait Confirmed: Mod14 "of the Dead" set bonus
  • Healer's Lore Offhand Bonus
  • Insignia Stats
  • Companion Active Stat Bonus (ex. +power from Sellsword)
  • Mount Equip Passive Stat Bonus (ex. +power from Guard Drake)
  • Manticore Equip Passive Stat Bonus for owner (+power +defense from having it equipped)
  • Assassin's Covenant Insignia Bonus
  • Berserker's Rage Insignia Bonus
  • Dragonborn Fury Racial Bonus (+3% power)
  • OP Class feature Oath of Protection (VIOLATES RULE OF THUMB)

DO NOT Count Towards Power-Sharing "Base" Power:
  • Ring of Brutality
  • Ring of Rising Power
  • Twisted Weapon Set Bonus
  • Lifeforged Weapon Set Bonus (formerly called Firesoul)
  • Overload Enchantments (Corrupted Black Ice, White Dragon Glyph, etc.)
  • Bloodlord's Visage (not retested in Mod13, I'm assuming it still doesn't count)
  • Rampaging Madness (Dread Ring Boon)
  • Elvish Fury (Sharandar Boon)
  • Eye of the Giant Active Bonus (artifact)
  • Companion's Gift (Bonding Runestone Stat Bonus)
  • Augment Companion Stat Bonus
  • Protector's Camaraderie / Friendship Insignia Bonus
  • Cavalry's Warning insignia bonus
  • Tenser's Floating Disk Combat Power
  • Manticore Equip Passive Team Stat Bonus (+power + defense from someone else having it equipped)
  • Companion Legendary Active Bonus (+X% stats do not count, but the legendary stat bonus is based on companion's buffed power)
  • Eldritch Runestone in Defense Slot Stat Bonus
  • OP Aura Gifts (sum together but don't interact?)
  • Other DC WoL (only best counts)
  • Other DC BoB / AA (only last applied counts)

Notes:
  • BoB and AA: Only the most recently applied BoB and AA count. Sometimes multiple sets of orbiting AA balls will visually overlap, but you don't gain any additional benefit from this.
  • Weapons of Light (WoL): As of Mod13, only the highest WoL counts. (Before Mod13, different DC's WoL added together, and before Mod10 WoLooped endlessly)
  • Bonding Companions: Power-sharing increases companion power, which gets amplified back to the owner through bonding stone's "companion's gift" buff. In a perfect situation, the owner would get 1x power directly + [1.95x from companion's gift (R14 bonding) + 0.31x from legendary active bonus (5 orange pets)]*1.2 for Master Striker ~ 3.712x power aura
  • Augment Companions Unfortunately do not benefit from power sharing. Anyone wearing an augment only gets 1x power directly. Augment stats also do not count for "Base Power".
  • Striker Companions: The 10% Expert Striker and 10% Master Striker companion stat buffs apply to power auras the companion is receiving, amplifying the effect for Companion's Gift.
  • OP's Aura Gifts: only one OP Aura Gifts is applied (allegedly the "best" but it's hard to check all situations)
  • OP's Oath of Protection: Power bonus from Oath mechanic DOES count for base power. Some clever folks just re-tested this for Mod12.5
  • Ring of the Gravestriker: As of Mod13, BiS ring for Base Power. Different rarities stack (+3/+4 or +4/+5), but multiples of the same rarity (+4/+4) do not.
  • Applicability of "Base Power": It appears that other effects in the game also use "base power". For instance, Protector's Camaraderie and Friendship bonuses are based on "base power". I'd be interested in separately assembling a list of what other powers / effects utilize "base power" vs. "buffed power".
  • DO vs AC: @thefabricant created a spreadsheet for comparing the relative benefit of DO vs. AC in various party configurations: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10RapA0AVBmd29JkLHeAwXT_eos4CgIc98IOLT0V2U4g/edit#gid=0
Items not tested
  • Brynnyr's Demise (if your defense is higher than your power, which would be silly for a power-sharing build)
  • Elemental Weapon set bonus
  • Golden Weapon set bonus
  • Mod12 Pioneer equip bonuses
  • Haven't retested Bloodlord's visage in Mod13 (since it got an icon)
Please shoot me a note if you can test any of the items I haven't gotten to.

Contributors:
@vincentr6669 diligently pointed out that Oath of Protection has a buff icon
@putzboy78 was sure about the Dragonborn racial bonus counting
@trzebiat#2067 showed up in a Bloodstained Shirt, then came back later with a nuanced examination of Manticore Equip Powers
@thefabricant tested Company cloak + belt, Guise of the Wolf Clan, and zerged all the RD lairs so he could test all the weapons, but still thinks Firesoul was a cooler name (and he's not wrong) And for Oathing around with @greyjay to clear up the confusion
@dairyzeus corrected my baseless speculation and proved that Protector's Camaraderie is based on "base power"
@michela123 eyed the Eye of the Giant, which was crying because it doesn't count
@darthtzarr toppled the King of Spines to test Rex Corona, and ended up violating the rule of thumb
@rjc9000 (Tenser's) DISCO LOVE, except it didn't count
@artifleur For Pioneering some Weapons in Mod13

I also missed some contributors because I copied this list out of an update thread that I can't find anymore. If you stumble upon it or remember helping me out (for instance with AC insignia bonus) give a shout
Post edited by dupeks on

Comments

• reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    I thought when multiple AA are applied, the defense buffs stack
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Not according to my testing. A new AA just replaces any existing AA, so it refreshes the pips and replaces the old power sharing with a new one (if 2 different DCs).

However, AA is getting changed soon so I'll likely be retesting how things work. Not sure how much I'll be doing on preview tbh, life is busy atm.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229129/cloaked-ascendancy-preview-patch-notes-nw-75-20170306d-1-notes-in-progress
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    i tip my hat to any preview testing you do dupeks, speaking from experience, its a major time suck and it steals away your in game time (we all have new boons to chase and weapons to fetch).
    edited March 2017
    Bad news friends: I got around to testing Bloodlord's Visage, and it's looking to me like it's not contributing to "base power".

That would mean it violates the rule of thumb, as it doesn't have a portrait buff icon...

I repeated the test with various configurations and powers, but can anyone try to confirm?

In less exciting news, AA now gives 33% as advertised. Nothing else has changed as far as i can tell.
    Here's a quick test you can do on live.
    1. Make sure you are alone / unbuffed, dismiss your companion, and strip off all of your gear except for a weapon transmute with no power (elemental ones are cheap and do nicely)
    2. Record your power. This _should_ be your base power. You can confirm this by casting Anointed Army or Blessing of Battle. Cast AA or BB and record your power (buffed power). Buffed Power - Base Power = Power Buff. and Power Buff as a % of Base Power should be 33% for AA and 15% for BB. (example -> my base power is 11,234 I cast AA I get up to 14,941 which is a buff of 3,707 or 33% of 11,234)
    3. Once you know your base power, equip bloodlord's visage. It doesn't provide any passive power so it won't affect your base power.
    4. Go to blacklake district and kill some doods. even with a transmute you should be able to kill everyone no problem. if you struggle, briefly equip just your weapon for the killing bit.
    5. Get up to max stacks of bloodlord's (or don't if you get bored).
    6. Take a look at your power, switching back to test wep if you were using your real wep for killing. Let's say I stopped after 16 stacks so I have 12,834 power (11,234 + 1,600).
    7. Cast AA gain and record your power. In this example I got 16,541. To calculate the buff, take the difference (16,541 - 12,834 = 3,707).
    8. Notice 3,707 is the same buff you got before you got the extra 1,600 power from bloodlord's visage. We would have expected a buff of 12,834 * 0.33 = 4,235 if vloodlord's visage was counting in the base power.
    9. Sadface.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Does anyone know if Aura Gifts (Paladin's feat) behave similar to Cleric's power share?

EDIT: in a sense of what counts towards Power Sharing and what doesn't.

Does anyone know if Aura Gifts (Paladin's feat) behave similar to Cleric's power share?

I haven't been as thorough in my testing on my OP, but it appears to. The important thing to note is that your prot-OP class feature where you gain power as you take damage up to 10% of your max HP does count towards "base power". That can pretty dramatically increase the viability of power sharing, since you're only sharing 25% so we need a high "base power" value to compensate.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    dupeks said:

I haven't been as thorough in my testing on my OP, but it appears to. The important thing to note is that your prot-OP class feature where you gain power as you take damage up to 10% of your max HP does count towards "base power". That can pretty dramatically increase the viability of power sharing, since you're only sharing 25% so we need a high "base power" value to compensate.
    Interesting. That violates the rule of thumb since this has a buff icon/portrait.

Thanks for your answer! :)
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Thanks for this info...

• devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Do you guys know if the Dragonborns 3% racial bonus to power is shareable? I would think that it would be but not certain (and a tad expensive to test myself!).

Thanks for any input!
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    im sure it does
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    I don't see Cavalrys Warning listed anywhere
    masteroga said:

When I first put this together I didn't have the ability to test it. I guess I do now, so I'll give it a shot sometime this week
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Also disks 10%, I'm betting neither share....but still worth testing.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Power from Bloodstained Shirt counts for power share. I've tested it with DC friend some time ago.
    edited May 2017
    Thank you for the additions :)

I'll verify dragonborn % bonus (also almost entirely certain it counts) and get around to testing cavalry's warning this weekend.

I don't have a disk, neither on live nor on preview. But if someone has a spare laying around...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Guise of the Wolf Clan... anyone tested thia yet?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

Guise of the Wolf Clan... anyone tested this yet?

Not yet, I'll add it to the list :) Might be a while before I get my hands on one though...

edited May 2017
    masteroga said:

Tested, doesn't add to base power (as you thought)

Do you guys know if the Dragonborns 3% racial bonus to power is shareable? I would think that it would be but not certain (and a tad expensive to test myself!).

Thanks for any input!

Tested, does add to base power (as putz had suggested).
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The new company cloak and belt set bonus of 500 power counts as base power.

Firesoul weapons do not count.

Guise of the Wolf Clan does count.
    I am both amazed and horrified that you ran Kabal 35 times just to test that.
    pitshade said:

@pitshade I got the stuff for every weapon, not just lifeforged.

pitshade said:

Hopefully he only made them on preview, one at a time (possibly copied). I would blow my brains out if I had to grind that much AF/AMW.

And thanks a lot Sharp. I wasn't going to get to lifeforged for quite some time (working on other toons).

Also, regarding Wolf Guise, any chance you checked to see if the defense bonus + Assassin's Covenant --> 10% into base power? I'm still trying to pin down exactly how AC is calculated, but nothing I've tried so far seems to work out exactly
    edited May 2017
    dupeks said:

pitshade said:

Hopefully he only made them on preview, one at a time (possibly copied). I would blow my brains out if I had to grind that much AF/AMW.

And thanks a lot Sharp. I wasn't going to get to lifeforged for quite some time (working on other toons).

Also, regarding Wolf Guise, any chance you checked to see if the defense bonus + Assassin's Covenant --> 10% into base power? I'm still trying to pin down exactly how AC is calculated, but nothing I've tried so far seems to work out exactly
    AC divides your defense by 1.1 and adds 10% of it to power. So for example, an Azure enchantment would give you 70 power and 636 defense.
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Hi all, big question and need help.

Can WoL(Weapons of Light) share power in party from Lifeforged weapons bonus?

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
    edited May 2017

Hi all, big question and need help.

Can WoL(Weapons of Light) share power in party from Lifeforged weapons bonus?

No, Lifeforged set bonus doesn't count towards "base power". In my post (and Sharp's) we called them Firesoul because that was the original name before they updated it to Lifeforged.

I've updated the OP to use the right name (and note the old name too).
    No. They don't count for power sharing.

It is addressed in the current version of the OP, but the weapons are given their Preview name of Firesoul rather than the Live name of Lifeforged. Probabaly should be edited.

@dupeks
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Thnx a lot guys :) rly help me!

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    Has anyone checked if all this stuff that counts for powersharing also counts for protector's camraderie (and friendship)?

I would assume so as protector's works off of base power as well correct?
    dairyzeus said:

Has anyone checked if all this stuff that counts for powersharing also counts for protector's camraderie (and friendship)?

I would assume so as protector's works off of base power as well correct?

I have not tested and likely won't get a chance to test until next week (Brother is getting married this weekend whee!).

That said, I would venture a guess that it's +12% of your buffed power, not base power. If it was base power only, it wouldn't work with bonding companions and wouldn't be as popular to stack with the dps classes. Additionally, one time I forgot I had un-slotted my insignias for a test and I noticed my power (on a power-sharing DC) was well... noticeably lower. If it was 12% of my 40k base, I don't think I would have noticed.

BUT I could totally be wrong. Deserves a test for sure.