test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

QoL

2»

Comments

• sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    just to bump up this great post ;)

- auto-loot for profession resources (mob drop) and scrolls at least. Would be great to see a right click drop down menu with "autoloot this item: on/off"
    - auto-open correct campaign menu, i.e. if you are in Sharandar, opening a campaign window will open directly a Sharandar campaign, instead of scrolling all up til that campaign manually and pressing on it. Right now its quite a big PITA for last campaigns at the top, im tired scrolling.
  • midnightlight#2361 midnightlight Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 45 Cryptic Developer
    I wanted to pop in to say thank you for the list! We are currently implementing the new campaign UI for an upcoming module and I'll make sure the other UI requests are being actively discussed (some already are).
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2017

I wanted to pop in to say thank you for the list! We are currently implementing the new campaign UI for an upcoming module and I'll make sure the other UI requests are being actively discussed (some already are).

@midnightlight#2361 Thank you. And btw thanks for staying in stream chat and answering UX relevant question (with all the chat noise that was there) It is really appreciated. Looking forward to see the new campaign UI!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

vida44 said:

Make Mod 10/10.5 treasures to be donated as frozen treasures to SH coffer.

Make Underdark currency to contribute to dark treasures.

Increase the Gems donations for every item by 100% (after the removal of gems from nodes you forgot to adjust the pricing in SH)

Remove SH Demonic HE's from the SH. They have no point being there. Unless you give us an extra quest like the other zones have to gain extra influence/voucher choice for doing 3 of them.

Agreed. Before they took the gems out of the nodes gems were an easy thing to get for the coffer. It use to be you could drop 40-50k AD and get one-hundred 99 stacks of r4 gems for the coffer, now gems are nearly as bad as influnence to accumulate in the coffer.
    I've just been slogging through a tier of structure upgrades where everything used Tyranny. Between Simril vouchers, Siege vouchers/daily currency, folks putting in everything they pick up in quests, and me dumping a fair amount of AD on buying coffer credit, we're almost through that.

And I thought, ok, once that's over, it shouldn't be quite so bad for a while, right?

Well... in the next tier of required structure upgrades, almost everything includes gems. /cry
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Hide it or move it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    UI

Character sheet:
    Place the ratings after the actual Offensive/Defensive stats
    Explicit Damage bonus, CA damage bonus

Power sheet
    Here's what should be your mantra: 'Scrolling is Trolling, remove it everywhere you can'
    Reorganizing the sheet should display neat colums of powers, each column pertaining to one type of Power, At-will, Encounter, Dailies, Passives with maybe a box on top for racial powers and class mechanics. This should reduce coniderably the need for scrolling
    Always display the base bonus of a lvl 1 power. Often times we have a +x% when we don't have the basis. Sometimes it's the same value for all 4 levels, sometimes the basis is somewhere and each upgrade add something different from the basis. Be clear.
    Related to the power sheet: Power tray: allow to right click on a power in the power tray to display all available powers in a drop dow list that could go to this emplacement. Then no need to go through the cumbersome Power sheet

Feat/boon sheet
    Implement a glossary that span the all game to make sure you call a cat a cat and a dog a dog. Then review the tooltips making sure to differentiate additive from multiplicative bonus, Incoming damage buffs and DR debuff, fixed values to enhanceable ones... Just make it clear. If a cool down exists, display it in the tool tip
    Allow us to respec boons and feat point by point it means if I just want to change a few point attributions, let me just 'unknit' my feats and boons from the max to the point I want to change and bill me only the AD needed to retrieve the points

Profession window
    Please do not display greyed assets. The drop dow lists are unsightly enough no need to bog them down with unnecessessary display
    Rememeber your new mantra 'Scrolling is Trolling, remove it everywhere you can'

Campaing window
    It was mentionned it will be refitted. Just one thin to say 'Scrolling is Trolling, remove it everywhere you can'

Map
    The 'Change instance' button should not be greyed, only the 'Transfer' one. I loath to wait 2 mn to have the basic information of how many players are on which instance. You could even rename 'Change instance' into 'Instance info'

about inventory and NPC trade, the blatant issues seem to have been reported.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

Here's what should be your mantra: 'Scrolling is Trolling, remove it everywhere you can'

If only they would understand you!

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Just wanted add my 2 cents to the list if it isn't too late.

#1 Option to add effectiveness percentage beside enemy HP bars. Possibly just always on. This would help so much. I don't want to have to run 3rd party software (ACT), or stare at my combat log just to figure out if I should be using more debuffs or not. This could even be as simple as just showing a border around their HP bars to show that they are debuffed by 20/50/80/100% of the cap. Something! I assume the effectiveness numbers would be the easiest to develop, and I wouldn't even care if it was a console command that displayed them in ugly debug text numbers.

#2 All cleric powers cast in divinity mode should display as a separate power in the /combatlog command. Currently only divine glow works this way

#3 When typing in chat and a loading screen happens (your queue group just entered a dungeon). Your chat window will be bugged. The next time you try to send a message, sending the message does not cause the UI to become transparent again. It will stay on top of everything.

#4 The mailbox should be closed using the ESC key like every other dialog in the game.

#5 Be able to intentionally bind items to yourself to improve stacking. For example: right click a non-bound Azure Enchantment, Rank 5 -> select Bind to Account -> It now stacks with other bind to account rank 5 azures.

#6 The /defeatme command doesn't work and requires going through several annoying menus to use when you get stuck.

#7 There needs to be a way to solo/duo queue for dungeons. I don't care if they aren't intended to be soloed, people do it, and don't like having to get outside help just in order to get into the dungeon.

#8 Bring the giant DING! noise back to fishing when you fill the fishing meter.

#9 Make all the old cut scenes in the game skippable. VT, MC, eToS, eCC, eGWD, eLoL, CN, etc ... ALL. I liked viewing them once, please don't make me view them again.

#10 Could we get a base power of an ability (pre-buffs) added to the combat logs.

@micky1p00
    tyty

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I forgot one:

#11 When a Rare (blue) item and a Common (white) item drop in a stack they display as blue. If you pick up the blue item, but not the white item, the stack remains blue. It should change the stack to white, since no blue item remains.

@micky1p00
    tyty

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    For those who don't know, you can fix #3 by hitting Escape twice.

I reported #8 as a bug in the Mod 11 bug thread.

#9 would be great, though I doubt they'll let us skip boss intros across the board. Orcus is likely not WAI. It certainty wouldn't hurt anything to skip the 'phylactery' one, the "how dare you slay my dragon?' etc...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited March 2017

#4 The mailbox should be closed using the ESC key like every other dialog in the game.

#5 Be able to intentionally bind items to yourself to improve stacking. For example: right click a non-bound Azure Enchantment, Rank 5 -> select Bind to Account -> It now stacks with other bind to account rank 5 azures.

#6 The /defeatme command doesn't work and requires going through several annoying menus to use when you get stuck.

#9 Make all the old cut scenes in the game skippable. VT, MC, eToS, eCC, eGWD, eLoL, CN, etc ... ALL. I liked viewing them once, please don't make me view them again.

#4 was working like that before, but then they disabled ESC key for closing mail window, and thats quite useful and should remain AS IS. With all those floating windows, many times, hitting ESC will close window you don't want to close, and if you are writing big mail, etc, hitting ESC accidentally will screw all your work, so it's better to prevent that, hit "X" button "manually" to close mail window. Any other windows can be opened by hitting a key ("I" for inv, "N" for prof, etc)

#5 no, please don't. Just get rid of those Btx altogether, or transform all BtC to BtA.

#6 use /killme

#9 was suggested so many times to no avail :( i.e. Bottom line while watching cutscene "press ESC to skip". Cutscene then should keep running (with "skipping" note somewhere) til all players hit ESC to skip it. After all pressed ESC, then cutscene should stop and all together start fighting. Or like CNs final boss.

@midnightlight#2361
    Please remember the "scrolling is trolling" mantra!
    Try to get the UI down to something that does not require scrolling.

And let us also use the keyboard. esc/backspace/space/enter/cursor keys for navigation and selection.

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

vida44 said:

Make Mod 10/10.5 treasures to be donated as frozen treasures to SH coffer.

Make Underdark currency to contribute to dark treasures.

Increase the Gems donations for every item by 100% (after the removal of gems from nodes you forgot to adjust the pricing in SH)

Remove SH Demonic HE's from the SH. They have no point being there. Unless you give us an extra quest like the other zones have to gain extra influence/voucher choice for doing 3 of them.

Agreed. Before they took the gems out of the nodes gems were an easy thing to get for the coffer. It use to be you could drop 40-50k AD and get one-hundred 99 stacks of r4 gems for the coffer, now gems are nearly as bad as influnence to accumulate in the coffer.
    I've just been slogging through a tier of structure upgrades where everything used Tyranny. Between Simril vouchers, Siege vouchers/daily currency, folks putting in everything they pick up in quests, and me dumping a fair amount of AD on buying coffer credit, we're almost through that.

And I thought, ok, once that's over, it shouldn't be quite so bad for a while, right?

Well... in the next tier of required structure upgrades, almost everything includes gems. /cry
    Seconded. Our guild is at rank 19 now and we are facing a struggle again a gem-wall for the last upgrades. The current high prices on the AH combined with the fact the gems are needed for refining is a real burden even on a large guild as we are.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    CUT SCENES:

Please, please, please, make cut scenes optional. Make it so we can ESC out of them at the very least. Valindra's Tower is probably the worst of all.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    hudman21 said:

CUT SCENES:

Please, please, please, make cut scenes optional. Make it so we can ESC out of them at the very least. Valindra's Tower is probably the worst of all.

I also offer you the one at the beginning of Phantasmal Fortress. Most travel cutscenes are skippable, but no such luck here.

Oh yeah, the airship in the Pirate Skyhold EE quest too. I think that one is Seeds for Everyone; it does become a repeatable daily, and is worth doing at least during the 60-70 grind.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

A new campaign UI would be great, it is my pet hate at the moment. Thnx
    Clean up the player's Journal; Each Adventure Zone should have its own chapter. That chapter should become "active" in the Journal upon the player's entering of that Zone.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Speaking of vouchers, wood, metal, stone and food vouchers are absolutely useless. By the time you have everything else, your production buildings have filled your coffers. These are the one I can almost never feed to the mimick

Speaking of vouchers, wood, metal, stone and food vouchers are absolutely useless. By the time you have everything else, your production buildings have filled your coffers. These are the one I can almost never feed to the mimick

I make it a point, that when whatever we're doing has what it needs from the production sites, I rarely bother tending them so that the guild members can drop those vouchers in the coffer.
    another pet peeve of mine: swith the AD refining limit to a weekly limit. With 252k per week instead of 36/day you don't change the economy since it's the same total limit but you sure give us more freedom.
    edited March 2017

greywynd said:

Clean up the player's Journal; Each Adventure Zone should have its own chapter. That chapter should become "active" in the Journal upon the player's entering of that Zone.

I like that idea
    I like it too but at the very least, quests could be sorted by zone. It's already done for the lore why not push it to the quests?
    edited March 2017
    greywynd said:

As you describe it Cryptic could implement it in a way that you HAVE TO go to an area to see which quests are in your journal - which might not be intended by you.
    I'd prefer it collapsible, like a folder from the Windows file explorer. Maybe auto-collapse the quests of the current area.

As you describe it Cryptic could implement it in a way that you HAVE TO go to an area to see which quests are in your journal - which might not be intended by you.
    I'd prefer it collapsible, like a folder from the Windows file explorer. Maybe auto-collapse the quests of the current area.

No. Have all zones on tabs, much like the achievements and lore are. Just make the zone you are in the page that it opens on when you do open it.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    greywynd said:

No. Have all zones on tabs, much like the achievements and lore are. Just make the zone you are in the page that it opens on when you do open it.
    The common practice today for such things, is data-tables with filters. For example if I'm in PE and want to complete maze engine quests, I can go to the jurnal and filter campaign to maze engine and get only maze engine. And then proceed to the correct zone. Or vice versa if I'm in a Zone I can filter that zone and look what I have there.
    Usually it's one search input, but same idea as Excel or in our case AH where you can select "epic" quality and "weapon enchantment" (zone, campaign) will work.

For convenience, the zone can be pre-selected but not filtered.

Tabs are a bit problematic, because they force division by zones in this case. So filtering by campaign will not be possible. And Zone and campaign are not the same, as many campaigns either have introductory quests in other zones or by themselves span several zones.

There is
    Quest Journal: Should be able to filter by Campaign, Zone, Level, etc... Right now it's useless.

I don't know if should change it
    micky1p00 said:

The common practice today for such things, is data-tables with filters.

Theoretically you are right.
    But.
    I don't think Cryptic has the ability or willingness to create useful searches.
    Look at the AH searches ... class restriction for artifacts? and many, many more filters that are so useless that it is hard to not insult the developers and the managers responsible for the not-love they spent into the search function of the auction house UI.
    E.g. try searching for only a R8 Dragon's Hoard enchantment. It's not possible. There are mostly useless filters.
    This makes me afraid. Very afraid.