test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonding Runestone Revamp - Please make this happen!

Comments

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2017

I liked my augment and was very frustrated in giving it up. Bondings were overpowered. Then they "nerfed" them to run even stronger. Eventually I was forced to get bondings just to remain competitive. Now you come here and suggest obliterating them. No. Just no, sir.

Speaking of this and the state of the game i do agree that they were/are a big investment and the best solution would be a trade house, instead bondings call them whatever name runestones, in that trade house 1 bonding runestone r12 would be traded by 1 whatever name runestone and a new runestone in new runestones slot that would aim to balance companions, for example:

Trade house:

1 bonding r12 = 20 points:

1 whatever name runestone r12 = 10 points (Grants 35% of companion stats over 30 seconds);
    1 Fireforged runestone r12: 10 points (your companion single target attacks will splash 10% of their damage to nearby enemies, if used on an augment your single target powers will splash 5% of their damage to nearby enemies).

And so on and so on...

Along with this make the companions from the zen market/winter even drop a bonding, not a lesser because let's face it, 9 millions + 3 extra new runestones it's too much.

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

Yeah i should cry:
    It's about balance, about how far you can go with your stats, about the meaning of companions about the possibilities for builds, can you imagine of a companion dealt 3 times more damage than now? Faithfull DC's could simply carry one to clean content because if a righteous deals 10 with bondings will deal 20 but a faithfull dealing 3 will deal 6, so HAMSTER yes i would like to see this happen and this all "go with it" it's HAMSTER over for me, my bondings are going on the ah or in a augment. And someone dealing bigger numbers than me? Now i am the one saying FFS your world spins around a chart, a whole dungeon that involves control heals, buffs debuffs and you care about 1 number in a chart, dailly i pass by GF/DC's that brag about being paingiver even if the whole team died 10 times and they refused to protect the team i call those people ignorant little minded fools, seeing your team sacrifice and ignore them, and yeah i do big numbers, had the medic field to the paingiver and there are my big numbers.

First, how you got from the OP suggestion to nerf bonding to your assumption about damage.
    There is no a suggestion or promise of trade off. IF and a big IF a companion rework is suggested then we can talk about it.
    For now what is on the table is bondings nerf bellow augment in a premise of balance.

Second, I'm not even sure what you talk about, with whom or about what. I don't see any relation of what the OP suggested and what you wrote.
    What if the companion dealt 3 times more damage ? A companion deals about 1% of my damage today, it will be 3%, it's within the margin of errors of what we measure.... Meaning it's insignificant.

10 ? 20? What are you talking about ?
    What chart? Who talked about paingiver at all? You do know that all the dungeons are zero-sum game (more or less) you will get exactly the same paingiver if everyone with bondings or everyone without. The only difference is the time it will take.

Again, can't understand the reasoning of what you type... What GF/DC that brag has anything to do, bondings do not set human behavior, if tomorrow this nerf is applied nothing will change. Those who want paingiver will still go for it, other that not, will not. To fault bondings for people behavior issue is a weird conclusion.
    edited March 2017

oria1 said:

Please do this small test, run a dungeon (like etos) with just DPS with r12 bondings etc but without cw, or cleric to de/buff and tell me if you still think its balanced or not.

Voodoo
    Mof Debuffer

The best runs I see when I pug is when players are not using bonding and the group is working together to complete content. These runs build team work, when you get an OP character simply running from room to room without the group it takes the group dynamic out of the game and makes the game less challenging or engaging.

I also ran a few dungeons with group of 3 DCs, 1 Healadin and a GF. Quick run in eLoL and it was fun. Give me a group of support players over DPS any day of the week due to the added group benefits hat non-damage roles add to groups.

Run FBI ? Why are you running VT ? You can't run T1 and complain there is no group dynamic. And bondings have nothing to do with it.

At mod 4-5 anyone could solo anything, and we didn't have bondings. Even ToS that not like today was a dps race, was soloable and we had DC / GF solo T2. Again no bondings. No group dynamics.
    You found an escape goat, and suggesting non viable solution.

As Ive said earlier, remove the weapons enchantments and you get better results than you suggest, so why not suggest that instead ? Why bondings?

Or perhaps lets remove all debuffs, now it's capped at 200%, It's orders of magnitude larger than any stat benefit from bondings.
    So how about we nerf that ? (It's a hypothetical suggestion, we don't really want that)
    It will force slower dungeons, group roles (heals will heal).... and so on...
    And yet...
    micky1p00 said:

Yeah i should cry:
    It's about balance, about how far you can go with your stats, about the meaning of companions about the possibilities for builds, can you imagine of a companion dealt 3 times more damage than now? Faithfull DC's could simply carry one to clean content because if a righteous deals 10 with bondings will deal 20 but a faithfull dealing 3 will deal 6, so HAMSTER yes i would like to see this happen and this all "go with it" it's HAMSTER over for me, my bondings are going on the ah or in a augment. And someone dealing bigger numbers than me? Now i am the one saying FFS your world spins around a chart, a whole dungeon that involves control heals, buffs debuffs and you care about 1 number in a chart, dailly i pass by GF/DC's that brag about being paingiver even if the whole team died 10 times and they refused to protect the team i call those people ignorant little minded fools, seeing your team sacrifice and ignore them, and yeah i do big numbers, had the medic field to the paingiver and there are my big numbers.

First, how you got from the OP suggestion to nerf bonding to your assumption about damage.
    There is no a suggestion or promise of trade off. IF and a big IF a companion rework is suggested then we can talk about it.
    For now what is on the table is bondings nerf bellow augment in a premise of balance.

Second, I'm not even sure what you talk about, with whom or about what. I don't see any relation of what the OP suggested and what you wrote.
    What if the companion dealt 3 times more damage ? A companion deals about 1% of my damage today, it will be 3%, it's within the margin of errors of what we measure.... Meaning it's insignificant.

10 ? 20? What are you talking about ?
    What chart? Who talked about paingiver at all? You do know that all the dungeons are zero-sum game (more or less) you will get exactly the same paingiver if everyone with bondings or everyone without. The only difference is the time it will take.

Again, can't understand the reasoning of what you type... What GF/DC that brag has anything to do, bondings do not set human behavior, if tomorrow this nerf is applied nothing will change. Those who want paingiver will still go for it, other that not, will not. To fault bondings for people behavior issue is a weird conclusion.

It's not a weird conclusion to fault bondings for the behaviour of a player, try to do a dungeon for your item level with everybody carying an augment probably you wouldn't (lets supose you are the bossy person that want to deal dps and screw the team) be so fancy in not helping your team as your damage would no longer be suitable to make decent progresses and would be hurting the team, probably you dont run often into this situation because you run with experient filtered players but this is the reallity.

And your companion makes 1 to 2% of your damage but i can tell you i can make a honey badger compose at least 50% of my damage as a righteous DC against specific single target, still that is worse than a DR debuff companion in 99% of the cases, pick that 1% to 2% damage your companion does and apply this:

http://imgur.com/a/T60Dp

For a DPS the loss on that investment is much likelly not worth, however for a suport it is, in term of damage output, but not damage output + stats bonification (heals, defencive stats, etc).

And no it will not be the exact same paingiver if people cary bondings or not, stats increase interact very diferently between classes, perfect example is GWF.

@micky1p00 i submited a full answer to the comment but got eaten -.-" so ill just wait for the approval.
    Anyway, why bondings and not WE, very simple reason, pve is laughably easy at the current state it is on live simply because players can achive stats far superior to the minimum requisite of entry to place x or y, it has been proven that dungeons can be done at the entry IL set for that dungeon, experient players can do it, period. Eliminating weapon enchantments would in the other hand implicate changes with pvp and yes i do think that like bondings a WE it's too much of an impact on a player and that perfect should not ever have evolved, it's a p2w game, but used to be way less*sigh*.
    Did i leeched on bondings nerf for companions balance, completly. You cannot argue that bondings provide players capabilities their class should not have, it's not suposed for a warrior to be abble to life steal his full HP with a swing and that the chance for that to happen can be raised by 50% (you saw the stats rise image, you know that with the right equipment that can and will happen), this simply because of the fact a companion can quickly gift the owner while some other companions will take a long time to do so or even not do it. Related is also the need for companions if the stats they granted would not be so high, then probably that 1-2% of your damage woould be 3-4% and warlords inspiration started make sence or the 50% ls would be 10% and a healing companion would make sence.
    Most people in this thread don't want bondings to be nerfed because they got confortable with easy content, while i do agree bondings rework should come along with companions rework it is something needed.

edited March 2017

@micky1p00 i submited a full answer to the comment but got eaten -.-" so ill just wait for the approval.
    Anyway, why bondings and not WE, very simple reason, pve is laughably easy at the current state it is on live simply because players can achive stats far superior to the minimum requisite of entry to place x or y, it has been proven that dungeons can be done at the entry IL set for that dungeon, experient players can do it, period. Eliminating weapon enchantments would in the other hand implicate changes with pvp and yes i do think that like bondings a WE it's too much of an impact on a player and that perfect should not ever have evolved, it's a p2w game, but used to be way less*sigh*.
    Did i leeched on bondings nerf for companions balance, completly. You cannot argue that bondings provide players capabilities their class should not have, it's not suposed for a warrior to be abble to life steal his full HP with a swing and that the chance for that to happen can be raised by 50% (you saw the stats rise image, you know that with the right equipment that can and will happen), this simply because of the fact a companion can quickly gift the owner while some other companions will take a long time to do so or even not do it. Related is also the need for companions if the stats they granted would not be so high, then probably that 1-2% of your damage woould be 3-4% and warlords inspiration started make sence or the 50% ls would be 10% and a healing companion would make sence.
    Most people in this thread don't want bondings to be nerfed because they got confortable with easy content, while i do agree bondings rework should come along with companions rework it is something needed.

I'll wait for that post then. It's hard to follow the hijacked / missing logic flow. I don't see how companion damage has to do with anything here. (And companion broken AI)

But, while there are many issues, this (nerf) solution is not correct.
    You forget that I can easily get 20% LS without bondings. And without a single LS item.

My point is, that bondings while like every single other item that contribute to power creep contribute greatly to trivialization of the content are hot topic. But looking closely at the cost per contribution, they are not the worst case of power creep we have.
    And if the target it to balance things, a simple nerf that will make them worse than augment is not the right solution.

I'm sure there are better solutions available. Adjusting the content is one of them. Adjusting augments is another. I'm sure smarter people than me can think of even better things.

micky1p00 said:

I'll wait for that post then. It's hard to follow the hijacked / missing logic flow. I don't see how companion damage has to do with anything here. (And companion broken AI)

You forget that I can easily get 20% LS without bondings. And without a single LS item.

My point is, that bondings while like every single other item that contribute to power creep contribute greatly to trivialization of the content are hot topic. But looking closely at the cost per contribution, they are not the worst case of power creep we have.
    And if the target it to balance things, a simple nerf that will make them worse than augment is not the right solution.

I'm sure there are better solutions available. Adjusting the content is one of them. Adjusting augments is another. I'm sure smarter people than me can think of even better things.

I disagree the cure to powercreep is to end power creep, not motivate it, if the players got discontent with the trade i proposed before as the imaginary new runestones coming to attempt to balance companions could never support anything close to the current power creep then give people option to trade the bondings for other valuable items, for example 2 randiants or azures the same level.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    http://prnt.sc/eiiyi3 . I said it also in the past give to bondings a " chance" with logic % or remove the word chance from the tooltip because now is guarantee you get a gift after the companion use a power. MAKE it 30%? 50%? ATM is permanent.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

@treesclimber was (I believe) responding to the two posters immediately above him, as well as offering support for the original poster.

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    If you think bondings are the problem, the bondings are not the problem. If you think lower Item lvl ppl beating higher Item lvl ppl is a problem, time to learn that Item lvl doesnt matter. That same 1.8IL GF can have 3k power from purple insignias, 4k power from legendary mount, 8k power from max power boon. Should we nerf those too because you dont have them?
    If you want a cheap boost you should rather ask for a boost on Augments from current 100% to 150-200% rather than asking to ruin something ppl have worked hard for.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Christ. Given the current trend with Cryptic releasing 3.1k dungeons there's no way they can nerf bondings without killing all their new content.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    You're upset because someone with rank 12s and a lower item level beat you in a dungeon.. here's wild suggestion, get rank 12s.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    At first fix those rebound buffs from companions giving 300%stats from buffs like AA, WoL etc.
    Afterwards bondings might be toned down a bit, but you need to adjust the rewardsystem at first since things will last longer and lowies will stay in CN 4ever :) and some groups will have issues to do FBI in a considerable ammount of time, like hours, to get a "flawless saphire" in the end?
    An augment is a fix ammount of statbuffs, about 12300k stats with loyal and maxed stones.
    A companion spends 3 times that buff at legendary plus skills like: CC , heal, tanking bosses etc., some like the Yeti can hold aggro better than a tank (wich is redicules and annoying somehow).

I really appreciated the companion fix mods ago, because companions were useless and from no interest. We had that time of "Zhentarim warlock" and others following, some player really did well in reviving companions infight with the "Bell" , getting up to 570%-buffs at once...broken.
    Originally it was ment to be a 20 second lasting buff of 95% as far as I remember.On top you got that 15% from legendary, wich is not worth the investement tbh, since a steady buff from augment is better than an instble buff from 0-95-190-285%, spending the same ammount of stats over time.
    Those stones have to be BIS and should be worth the investment, but a permanent 300% buff since last rework was "slightly overdone" right from the start (at least that was my first thought).
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @mebengalsfan#9264 for the sake of openness I believe you should state the current rank of your bonding stones.

Also, are the character IL ranks on your signature up-to-date?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Please read the previous posts before speaking and obviously people beat me in damage in dungeons, all my characters are build team friendly...oftenly sacrificing 5% personal damage over 5% team buff i couldn't care less for how bad my damage is in the chart as long as the dungeon flows well.

Back to bondings, these are the patch notes for the change:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/10210943-patch-notes:-storm-king's-thunder-&-guild-alliances

Somewhere in the forum or reddit or stream i cannot remember a developer said something like : "This is not a fix, it's only temporary". I can't prove this because i can't find it but i am sure some of the people reading this thread remember.

I love this post edit bug...

• muramune99#1335 muramune99 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I don't really think nerfing anything in the game is going to make the situation better for PVE. They could give a bigger bonus to augment companions to counteract the bonding runestones, but bonding runestones are not perfect. Content is plenty hard enough, see MSVA with ice pillars (if you die/go down in a pillar, you lose your companion for the remainder of the battle- that means no bonding runestones working for stat boosts). Some players need that extra boost just to survive the match. Those stats are pretty essential for that epic trial. Saying that it is too easy, means that either you have spent countless hours in the game, spent quite a bit of money, gotten really lucky, or have never played this content with 3200-3800 item level players. Plus, with the supposed nerf to anointed army for the DC coming, the epic trial will be near impossible to complete without scrolls. In addition to that, getting a party together takes longer than an hour every day. Imagine getting a party together after 1-2 hours of searching, just to have a wipe and people leave. No one would really run it because they would see it as a waste of time and content that is a waste of time is not worth playing.

Plus, bonding runestones are not cheap by any means. Many players have to struggle to get them to rank 12. I just got mine to 12 after realizing that they were pretty good. Is the content super easy for me? Not really as a tank. I mean, some content is. I no longer die in CN, but FBI, NSVA, MSVA, and some of the T3 dungeons are a different story, no matter the group.

There was that fix back in October with Mod 10 for bonding runestones because they were not working as intended. Similar ranks were not functioning with each other prior to the fix. So, Rank 12s were not working together. Thus, to use them to maximized potential before that fix was to have 1 Rank 12, 1 Rank 11, and 1 Rank 10. 95+80+65=240%, not the intended 285%. Mind you, they could have left them as non-stackable, but they went ahead and allowed them to be stacked with similar ranks, knowing fully well that people would use them like this and that they would be BIS for everyone, not just one class. This also allows for companion flexibility. The only companions that get the short end of the stick are augment companions, which don't benefit from bonding runestones. If they did, they would be very broken.

Mind you, I'm on PS4 and we don't exactly have everything those on XBox or PC have and we've been shafted for keys with SVA (never got the chance to peek). So, please leave the bonding runestones alone so players can still complete the more challenging content.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Here is my proposal:

Remove augments from the game so we no longer have to read walls of nerf bondings text.

Problem solved.

DROPS MIC.
    armadeonx said:
    My link was wrong it is from ps4, this is the one:

The exact words:

"I believe it's intended for the time being. I know there's a lot of discussion about the change and whether they're overpowered in their state post-patch, but the intent of the fix for this module was to address the obviously-overpowered stat spikes and smooth out the gameplay a bit. We can review the runestones further going forward. Thank you (and many others) for providing feedback on this change!"

Terramak says he believes, so no clue that he was involved on the change and he says for the time being, the spikes were indeed adressed, previouslly the most possible was around 9 stacks, 3 of rank 12, 3 of rank 11, 3 of r 10, some times a bit more here a bit less.

The question is if i have a companion and i slot in that same companion 3 empowered runestones those 3 empowered runestones will have to buff the companion in such way that suposing it's a dps companion it would bypass my damage(and i am not even including other benefits that come from stats raise), so probably....i dont, know buff empowered runestones to give 3k stats pff, obvious solution right?...hum...right?
    It's obvious that bonding runestones are overpowered, period. I dont want to see people that invested millions on them or had a hard time farming winter festival sad so i do really thing a exchange store would be the way to do it, LM set was the same thing, it used to compose 25 to 30% of a GWF now....1,5 to 2%, but players were given a choice.
    niadan said:

Here is my proposal:

Remove augments from the game so we no longer have to read walls of nerf bondings text.

Problem solved.

DROPS MIC.

*picks up mic*

A round of applause to Jon Stewart.

• jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Bad Idea some of us like to run the high end content just not stick around and run VT over and over. Even with correct builds and bonding The high end Dungeons do not have a guaranteed success. I have struggled with MSVA and still need 8 more leg marks and have ran around 138 of them and would guess @ a 50% success rate. Take away bonding and FBI and MSVA are out of he question. I know its a large investment but the last thing we need is to make every thing take hours to run with no success rate. With SOMI spell plague and FBI the game is moving to higher level content its time for people decide to do the new content or get left behind. If they choose not to its ok but to nerf every one who does do it is wrong.
    jhpnw said:

Bad Idea some of us like to run the high end content just not stick around and run VT over and over. Even with correct builds and bonding The high end Dungeons do not have a guaranteed success. I have struggled with MSVA and still need 8 more leg marks and have ran around 138 of them and would guess @ a 50% success rate. Take away bonding and FBI and MSVA are out of he question. I know its a large investment but the last thing we need is to make every thing take hours to run with no success rate. With SOMI spell plague and FBI the game is moving to higher level content its time for people decide to do the new content or get left behind. If they choose not to its ok but to nerf every one who does do it is wrong.

I said this a bunch of times, dungeons are repetitive and terribly rewarded, FBI was done by a 3.1k group without bondings, it's proved that it's possible, i went there with a 3.1k group appart from the tank that was a 3.7, me being the only carrying bondings all other's augments, did we suceed? No, i will keep the reason to myself but i can assure you it's perfectly doable without bondings. Would many people complain because they would not be abble to do it? Yes, lots of them. Should the damage from critters in the dungeon be lowered? Yes, not by much, but yes and it should be accompanied by life steal rework. Honestly i see a lot of crybabies that simply want to clean content one and other and other time with dust 2 cents as a reward and not get a real chalenge.

The problem is not with bondings, they have been addressed and now work flawlessly as intended with no x6 or x9 multipliers like they used to.

The issue is with the other runestones being useless, they need to either change them or just get rid of them.

This discussion has been closed.