test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arcane Focus (appears to be capped, and or loot bugged) may take up to 85 days to get mats needed!

123457»

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Simply put.. the issue was there terrible design at the start, without giving us any real knowledge.. if they had just been frank and say.. he , we are putting this on 20 hour timer, 3 cap..

then we wouldnt be in this boat.. or at least not as much.

Allowing us to "discover these items, by trial and error and HAMSTER ourselves out of days of focus .. " is just POOR implementation..

the suggestions are NOT over the top fixes.. they are I think warranted due to them having bad implantation of the design. .
    Ive been around too long.. and know the tendencies too much.. to think to just sit here complacent that they will do anything right..

So ya..

There is my 2cents on the matter..

You have to basically have a barn burning mob attend before they even notice a problem..

• ctatumdev#6113 ctatumdev Member Posts: 34 Cryptic Developer
    Hello everyone!

First off, I want to thank everyone for all the feedback on the Arcanic Focus and Arcane Magical Writings drop rates. Player input means a lot to us and we are currently looking into the drop rates and gates on these items.

So, why did we have the current drop rates and gates? We didn't want these weapons to be available too quickly. This was for preservation on the Relic Weapons' values as well as making sure there were reward benefits in all parts of the Cloaked Ascendancy campaign. We received a lot of feedback on playtest shard about these weapons being too easy to get compared to the Relic Weapons. Unfortunately, it looks like we may have overreacted in our adjustments... This is something we do want to address.

What is the next step and when should we expect it? We are currently reviewing the drop rates and will find the better way for y'all to get this items faster. Afterwards, these will need to be put into a patch to get to y'all as soon as we can. Unfortunately, we don't have a specific date yet, but we are going to move this as fast as we can.

Anything that can be done until then? One thing that I would like to remind players is that the Arcane Magical Writings are also rewards for the Secure the District mission that is in the Campaign window. By bolstering and reinforcing the guards in digsites throughout the River District, and getting the Security to 100, you can you click on the Secure the District button and get the rewards, including AMWs.

Thanks again for the feedback. This kind of feedback is crucial for us to make sure we try and give you the best game we can.
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User

................We didn't want these weapons to be available too quickly............

Yes you right BUT some ppl dont get arcanic focus at all....it's buged!!!!!
    They play 20-30(?) dig sites per day and take 0 arcanic focus....
    The better way for less grind and for standar arcanic focus for all of us is to put 1 arcanic focus in daily guest or 7 arcanic focus in weekly quest!!!

And pls fix the weekly quest for nostura....

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
    @ctatumdev#6113

thank you for a response, we still would like more specifics..

What is the current gate? what is the discussed plan change?

We are not asking to have the items over night.. but frankly if on average players get 3-4 a day.. its not a "overnight" process.

The issue here is we believe there is a personal timer.. that has totally borked farming for many people.

This should be changed.

I dont think asking for the cap to go from 3 to 5 is extreme or a outrageous demand.

Neither do I believe asking for the personal time to go , and be replaced by daily reset.

Again.. if these things were announced on preview.. and shown exactly how to get them.. it would be one thing.. but many of us have spend DOZENS of hours farming things WE couldnt even get.

When you add it all up.. we are talking about hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of wasted playerbase time.

Do you see why we are tad upset? This was DONE really badly.. you placated one crowd... to far and pissed off another.. by not revealing some things.

Again.. we are not asking for the removal of the gating.. but a clear and precise answer as to what it is.. and a fair moderation adjustment.. so we can get the weapons before April double RP event.

I am assuming, THIS was the original intent.. before borked implementation.
  • tuesdayrolld20tuesdayrolld20 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User

Anything that can be done until then? One thing that I would like to remind players is that the Arcane Magical Writings are also rewards for the Secure the District mission that is in the Campaign window. By bolstering and reinforcing the guards in digsites throughout the River District, and getting the Security to 100, you can you click on the Secure the District button and get the rewards, including AMWs.

Appreciate the feedback. I would like to note from this quote that clicking on the secure the district button will get you the rewards however this currency constantly resets to 0. I have 2000 security right now and don't want to have to go to 0 everytime I click the button.

Is this how it is supposed to work?
    Miri Droverson

• hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @ctatumdev#6113

So....until we know of a patch date to address the shortage, are we to continue grinding the bejeezus of dig sites hoping to get 1-3 if we get any at all?

Think about this, some of us work and we don't have the time to grind 20-30 dig sites a day. I am extremely glad you got back to us. I have 12 and I have been grinding since day one 3-4 hours a day one ONE TOON!

"We are currently reviewing the drop rates and will find the better way for y'all to get this items faster"

Its not really about faster as it is getting the HAMSTER Arcanic Focus AT ALL! We should NOT be gated behind RNG and caps.

At least with Reclaimed Runes we knew what we needed and what we could get. I don't know how hard it is to make the cap higher or make it 100% drop.

Good grief, are we talking 2 patches, 3 patches, Mod 11.5, mod 12 !?!
    Post edited by hudman21 on
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Appreciate the feedback. I would like to note from this quote that clicking on the secure the district button will get you the rewards however this currency constantly resets to 0. I have 2000 security right now and don't want to have to go to 0 everytime I click the button.

Jeepers, the longer you go without clicking it off, the more you're going to waste when you finally do. Just bite the bullet.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User

Jeepers, the longer you go without clicking it off, the more you're going to waste when you finally do. Just bite the bullet.
    Oh yea, I found out the hard way. I had 225, clicked to use 100 of them and it reset my resources back to zero. Wasted resources we take the time to grind should not be wasted/lost.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

I bite the bullet and my waste was not huge. It had 200. Anyway, I think I have a good handle to deal with the one on the left (forget the name). Do 2 HE/map and then feed magic 3 times. Get the reward. Reset to 0 and go again.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

We do not want them easier to get.

Yeah we do... Because HAMSTER around for an hour hoping to get 3 is utter BS. Easier, and difficult does not involve wasting the player's @#$%ing time.

• cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    "A lot of feedback on playtest" you had a very small number of very loudly crying people, one in particular mad(e) it their raison d'etre for the entirety of the thread. Someone needs to take a stats class about sample sizes for crying out loud.

Thankyou for finally coming on the forums and addressing the issue. Please for the love of the game, when you look at this, fix the dig site bugs. My guild chat is abuzz with how many people cannot get into some or up to half the dig sites. Improved drop rates will make absolutely no difference if people cannot even access the content.
  • nnrudsernnrudser Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I am glad they took the time to address the issue. I would prefer that the Daily be worth one Arcane Focus, and the Weekly be worth 5 Arcane Focus. I may not receive any Arcane Focus after a couple of hours of play per night, but I am getting plenty of other materials. I am actually more perturbed that I have to fight Kabal 35 times then I am about the Arcane Focus.

I think one month of play at two hours a night 5-6 nights a week should be enough of a grind. 40-50 hours in one month is enough for anyone, and yet comfortable enough to be alt-friendly. I consider it alt-friendly because you can give your unbound items to your next toon unless they are both going for the same weapon set.

Even playing a GF main I have found plenty of helpful players to group with. Support classes should be able to complete these grinds with a little help.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User

Hello everyone!

First off, I want to thank everyone for all the feedback on the Arcanic Focus and Arcane Magical Writings drop rates. Player input means a lot to us and we are currently looking into the drop rates and gates on these items.

So, why did we have the current drop rates and gates? We didn't want these weapons to be available too quickly. This was for preservation on the Relic Weapons' values as well as making sure there were reward benefits in all parts of the Cloaked Ascendancy campaign. We received a lot of feedback on playtest shard about these weapons being too easy to get compared to the Relic Weapons. Unfortunately, it looks like we may have overreacted in our adjustments... This is something we do want to address.

What is the next step and when should we expect it? We are currently reviewing the drop rates and will find the better way for y'all to get this items faster. Afterwards, these will need to be put into a patch to get to y'all as soon as we can. Unfortunately, we don't have a specific date yet, but we are going to move this as fast as we can.

Thanks again for the feedback. This kind of feedback is crucial for us to make sure we try and give you the best game we can.

Glad you're getting heat for gating the stupidest things behind RNG. How many players complained about Reclaimed Runes in Mod 10? How many about Turtle Moult? See a pattern? People hate RNG because they lose control. Even if the targeted time frame to restore the weapons would be 85 days (I think it's not), you would have much less players bitching around with fixed drop rates.
This discussion has been closed.