test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clear the Docks (not the known issue aspect)

beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
I've been thinking about this but keep forgetting to post it.

I suppose I understand that somebody made a design decision that "Clear the Docks" alone was far too little effort to unlock the merchant by itself, spurring the decision to make "Restore Commerce" necessary as well, but the UI wasn't updated to reflect the new reality. And ok, that's not fixed yet either, and is confusing the hell out of a large chunk of your playerbase.

But, even corrected, it leaves us with another problem.

"Clear the Docks" is orphaned as a campaign task that doesn't actually do anything except unlock the next campaign task. No reward, no discount, just permission to go invest another glob of hard-earned currency into the task that actually gets you somewhere.

That structure works for anywhere that you're making incremental progress towards reward tiers, as it's a little effort or a little investment at a time (campaigns with reputation, the gradual fill of Underdark and Dread Ring), but River District has you working towards major goals involving major investments at once, and choosing between them. Evidence of Evil is hard enough to come by that it doesn't feel good to spend some of it just to get permission to spend more of it.

I think the flaw is significant enough to think about tacking on some other reward to the task, even if it's just a couple of the packs granted by repeatable tasks.

@terramak Also to nag about the known issue. People ask about this constantly. It didn't get noted in the launch patch notes, so it's kind of hard to find regardless.
Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

Comments

• xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Thank you! I feel exactly the same way. After getting 1 or sometimes rarely 2 EoE from HEs it was painful to put them into a task and realize when it completed I got nothing.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP