test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arcane Focus (appears to be capped, and or loot bugged) may take up to 85 days to get mats needed!

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Ok.. in addition, we already need to run the portal lairs, get the portal stones, get enough writings from daily tasks or hes.. + the 800-1000 dig sites?

sure.. we dont have to do msva.. but you guys are nuts. this is "easier to get" not at all.. there really is no difference.. other then the people who got to peek and farm msva awhile back when it was popular.

I didnt skip relic weapons due to msva .. i skipped it because of the OTHER junk (mostly fishing and hes to be honest) that I couldnt stomach.

While.. the 10/15 requirement.. SEEMS spot on for the current drop rate.. ALL you did was extend.. teh amount of time needed to get weapons by weeks and weeks and weeks.. right now far longer then it would take to make relic weapons..

THERE is something wrong with this "easier to get" method.. lol.

ARCANE focus .. TELL us what the cap is, TELL us what the timer is if any..

THEN lets discuss this.. its out of hand.. EXTEND cap to 5 and make it 100% arcane on every dig site then.

We have writings, focus, stone mats and EE to all collect.. and focus is not at all reasonable atm.. NOT ONE BIT.

MOD 11 is turning into the same disaster disappointment that mod 10 was.

IF you want us to come back to your game.. FIX this mess.. and STOP ignoring your playerbase.. this is the worst of it.. being completely ignored.. but for the community manager.. its time we hear from some actual PEOPLE who can TELL us some answers..

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    They had to pull the old switcheroo to get people to stay. Had I known at the beginning it was a 3-4 month dailies grind for the weapons, I would have sat this mod out also. Now that I have stuff unlocked and got the dailies down to half-hour per toon, I will probably keep at it. I can not image how people in low-3K and below does this. It must take them closer to an hour if they do mostly dig sites for the weapons.
    Its not a either /or.. YOU have to do the dig sites.. no matter what.. you can buy everything else.. sorta.. though i woudnt do that personally.

I will have to farm both.

ALL i want is a more fair treatment of arcane focus.. that is all we need.. we can put this thread to rest.. and the company can go back to making its millions off from us.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Its not a either /or.. YOU have to do the dig sites.. no matter what.. you can buy everything else.. sorta.. though i woudnt do that personally.

You cannot buy the purple bound restoration materials (Petrified Dust, Tainted Soil, Constructed Iron or Fleece). For those you need either to do 35 skirmishes or defeat the corresponding boss in his lair 35 times. Now, that is reasonable.....you know from the start exactly how much work is required, and you can spread it out over a reasonable period of time - no RNG.

The Arcanic Focus on the other hand....
    Hoping for improvements...
    yes.. i know.. i said sorta.. you can buy the stones from the zen store though and skip some of the grind.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    another way to avoid some grinding - most players will have a surplus of Abandoned Treasures and Ground Jade. Trade those to the Traveling Vendor for Reclaimed Magic, and trade that in turn for and Ornately Carved Box with a portal stone.
    Hoping for improvements...
    If they actually deign to have any sort of glurb about this during the state of the game (beyond their own self ephetifs of "we so awesome it hurts" comments.. can someone post.. I wont be able to make it to that one.

Im sure it will be like.. nothing to see here.. we are just the bestz ever.

You got to wonder, if the company managers.. would post their legendary pets in the zerg channels and the Im DA Bestz.

Shame on them.
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    adinosii said:

another way to avoid some grinding - most players will have a surplus of Abandoned Treasures and Ground Jade. Trade those to the Traveling Vendor for Reclaimed Magic, and trade that in turn for and Ornately Carved Box with a portal stone.

Where is the Traveling Vendor? i cant find him...

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
    SO... I didnt get to see the whole thing.. but apparently.. THEY never brought up the ARCANE focus issue ... just LOL.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Yay! Portal stones! Wait, that @#$% doesn't offer arcane focus.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User

Well, not only do they have a daily cooldown, they also seem to have a timer. This is not fair at all. That makes it a 29 day grind just for the focus, and that is only if you manage to get all 3 everyday.

a month?
    lol

of the 4 alts running through RD since the mod dropped
    one has 3 arcane focus
    one has 2
    and two have 1 each..

for me it's looking more like 6 months
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

Well, not only do they have a daily cooldown, they also seem to have a timer. This is not fair at all. That makes it a 29 day grind just for the focus, and that is only if you manage to get all 3 everyday.

a month?
    lol

one has 3 arcane focus
    one has 2
    and two have 1 each..

How long do you play each alt daily, on average?

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Is it not reasonable to play a character for long enough to finish the daily mission, and maybe do a little more, and still expect to see meaningful progress? I don't think it's unreasonable to design things to be achievable by the working adult with other commitments, and let the go-getters get it sooner. Designing things so that they are only achievable by players with hours to spend grinding is (to be melodramatic about it) a game-killer, when the people with other priorities than Neverwinter are just looking on in disgust. Neverwinter's base was largely developed because it was a casual-friendly, alt-friendly game, and designing away from those principles is alienating.

The RNG factor is again a huge problem. If you know you can get 3 focus a day for sure, then you have an upper limit for how long this is going to take. If you don't know if you're going to get those 3 in running 5 digs or 20, you have a problem, because not everyone has time to do 20 in hopes of reaching their cap. And if some players NEVER reach that cap, then you've created something where some players are rewarded for their time and some are not, and this is determined not by effort and not by commitment, but by luck, and that's horrible.

I can accept RNG on items that are ready-to-wear as soon as you get them. That's exciting when it finally works out and you get the coveted drop... within reason, because trying to get a specific item when 100s are possible sucks too. This fulfills the "what's a good reward?: the thing you don't have yet" principle. When you're trying to track down a bunch of components in order to make something else and you can't buy them if the luck isn't with you, and you feel like you're just falling further behind every day... this doesn't feel rewarding at all. This was the core of my question for the livestream today which was not addressed.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I've stayed silent on this because I thought it was pretty clear this was a mistake. Now I'm feeling like this was intended and it breaks my spirit. I enjoyed mod 10 in the beginning, but then the grind just kept going and going and now I wish the character select screen would change because of how much I never want to see mod 10 again.

I was excited for something new and exciting with mod 11. And I had fun for the first few days. And then I hit the arcanic focus wall and I'm starting to get disinterested again. Just the last two days I have done 10 dig sites and have gotten 0 arcanic focus. And you know what? I didn't care because this game is starting to lose my interest if I can't log on and make some progress for the day with the limited amount of time I have.

I have gotten a total of 14 arcanic focus over the last two weeks. At this rate I will see the weapons in 12 weeks! Umm no thanks. I have a family I would rather spend time with than farming dig sites until my eyes bleed. Just my two cents.
  • aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User

Is it not reasonable to play a character for long enough to finish the daily mission, and maybe do a little more, and still expect to see meaningful progress? I don't think it's unreasonable to design things to be achievable by the working adult with other commitments, and let the go-getters get it sooner. Designing things so that they are only achievable by players with hours to spend grinding is (to be melodramatic about it) a game-killer, when the people with other priorities than Neverwinter are just looking on in disgust. Neverwinter's base was largely developed because it was a casual-friendly, alt-friendly game, and designing away from those principles is alienating.

The RNG factor is again a huge problem. If you know you can get 3 focus a day for sure, then you have an upper limit for how long this is going to take. If you don't know if you're going to get those 3 in running 5 digs or 20, you have a problem, because not everyone has time to do 20 in hopes of reaching their cap. And if some players NEVER reach that cap, then you've created something where some players are rewarded for their time and some are not, and this is determined not by effort and not by commitment, but by luck, and that's horrible.

I can accept RNG on items that are ready-to-wear as soon as you get them. That's exciting when it finally works out and you get the coveted drop... within reason, because trying to get a specific item when 100s are possible sucks too. This fulfills the "what's a good reward?: the thing you don't have yet" principle. When you're trying to track down a bunch of components in order to make something else and you can't buy them if the luck isn't with you, and you feel like you're just falling further behind every day... this doesn't feel rewarding at all. This was the core of my question for the livestream today which was not addressed.

Couldnt agree with you more.

I know people try the new modules in preview and share their feedback but if one of the people who designed the new campaign took a mediocre support character and tried this stuff before they released, and started digging all this sites for a random bound on character drop would he feel that this is rewarding? Would he feel happy wasting his time in the beginning doing 20-30 dig sites because there was no information about a timer on focus or a cap. Would he think it's fun having to heal mobs to death on your own? I mean I know they have to gate new stuff and time them right to take longer like somi, you had a limit of 3 dailies each day and that was fine, cuz u knew you would actually have a standard drop. But this is like.. torture, what fun this is not even funny. Maybe we should all go back a mod and go for the relics, at least doing sva gives u chances for legendary rings and random companions along with the marks. xD
    If you can't convince them confuse them.
  • xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    @nitocris83 @mimicking#6533

90%+ of the people on the alliance I'm in are casual players. Most of them dont have Relic weapons, because they didnt want to waste the lil time they got to play on grinding. Simply because, you know, thats no fun ...

They were expecting the new weapons from River District, and are now bitterly dissapointed. One of them used words pretty similar to Becky's : "I'm falling so far behind there's no point going on."

Those casual players dont come on the forum, and mostly go unheard. Yet they are an important part of the community, and, I bet, of Cryptic's income.

If the arcane focus "farming" is indeed working as intended, please let us know, and put a stop to this speculation, and agony, by telling us some more.

If its not WAI, an update would calm the clamour, and maybe keep these people interested. Waiting for an update on that matter only make things worst ...
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    litaaers said:

a month?
    lol

one has 3 arcane focus
    one has 2
    and two have 1 each..

How long do you play each alt daily, on average?

I haven't taken a real lot of notice tbh

takes about an 20m to an hour depending on if I go into a dig or not to get the mercantile quests done
    I guess..

been doing a lot of the 3 lairs (fey caste etc)so it's a bit hard to say

(I am actually running the 8 classes thru it so 4 are just
    getting done when I get time ,get to know the area better.. etc, gwf has green relic weapon and is just going for the boons)

I should be doing the digs more but reading about the arcanic focus not really dropping much made me focus more on the EoE with the idea to grind those more when it's fixed.

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2017

I should be doing the digs more but reading about the arcanic focus not really dropping much made me focus more on the EoE with the idea to grind those more when it's fixed.

Prepare for a long wait. I think they did not increase the Arcane Focus needed by accident.
    Increasing the drop rate would contradict their first move to increase the # of AF needed.
    And we all know that managers have a very hard time admitting a mistaken decision.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    I dont see the big issues. I only did the dig sites to do my daily task and have arround 25-30 arcane focus on each char (playing 4 chars in he campaign atm). I think if you unlock esp first you should have the amount of arcane focus to make 1 weaponset by the time u can buy them. Or im just insanely lucky then nvm.
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User

They had to pull the old switcheroo to get people to stay. Had I known at the beginning it was a 3-4 month dailies grind for the weapons, I would have sat this mod out also. Now that I have stuff unlocked and got the dailies down to half-hour per toon, I will probably keep at it. I can not image how people in low-3K and below does this. It must take them closer to an hour if they do mostly dig sites for the weapons.

I guess combat itself can also slow people down when under-geared or not specced for dps. I haven't thought about that in some time since my main breezes thru lvl 73 mobs but lower IL players are definitely facing a bad grind here.. Nothing new really
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    tom#6998 said:

I dont see the big issues. I only did the dig sites to do my daily task and have arround 25-30 arcane focus on each char (playing 4 chars in he campaign atm). I think if you unlock esp first you should have the amount of arcane focus to make 1 weaponset by the time u can buy them. Or im just insanely lucky then nvm.

You are lucky.

I do all of the dig sites every day.
    From the second day this started.
    And the guard posts.
    And the ritual.
    And the fey portal . ( opened it 3 days ago or more )
    And both upper tasks . Twice every day.
    And at least 2 big heroics.
    And 1 of each all three small heroics.
    And the maps too. Since i do a circle of all of the dig sites.

Every.

Freaking.

Day.

On a cleric.

And i do not have 20 focus.

d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

RNG will catch up to you. There will be a day, or more consecutive, where you get zero, zilch, focus across all your toons.
    AT most.. 3 is my max ever..

MOSt days its 1 arcane or 2 max.. but some days its zero.

Its ludicrous.. i spend double the time on my dc then my dps.. toons, to come away to zero in a day of grinding.. IS really really disheartening.

Its simply not done right.

TURN it to reset on server reset.. if its on a timer..

UP cap to 5.

make it like a 80% drop rate or something.

Stop being such jerks..

I cant believe they have actually discussed this with us.

I cant believe they ignored this on the stream as well.

What a load of garbage at this point.
    things like this, is a generally big black eye to a company..

completely ignoring the playerbase.. with no response.

not fixing core mechanics of a new mod...

WHY are you taking so long ??????????????!!!!!!!
    edited March 2017
    Doing some quick math here..

THERE Is zero % chance I will be able to restore weapons on April double RP.

... ZERO..

without a immediate fix to this issue , you are gating us out of months! to get weapons to max.

This is the biggest load of piece of donkey breath atm..

THERE are other actual issues with this mod, we need to discuss, but we cant because of the incoherent non responsive team on this CORE issue.

WHY are you guys not doing your job and getting back to us on this!!!!!

• seridkalsenovseridkalsenov Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    i got an issue today. 9 dig sites and 0 drop of Arcane Focus. i'm doing that after the reset. i'm kinda agreed with 100% drop rate but capped to 5 or reducing the costs to restore the weapon.
  • plasmageek#1706 plasmageek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I do my dailies every day through a combination of dig sites (I did 4 yesterday, 0 arcanic or writings), HE's and turning in the junk that takes up space. I've done them since day 1. I'm sitting on 11 arcanic focus. I'll have all of the EoE I need to get my weapons by double RP week, but I'll be unable to restore either main hand or off-hand at this venture. Everybody told me to wait to get these instead of the runic, now I'm wishing I'd just gone runic. At this rate, I may just go runic...Lanolin is easier to farm than this (tho equally painful and boring).
    Even if they drop them down to 25 and 20.. Im not sure I would have enough.. maybe..

but 15 and 10 yes.

or FIX the drop rate.

ALSO make them BTA.. omg people..

Can I sue a company for making my blood pressure spike?
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    I have 25 of arcanic focus, need 45 for mainhand (and offhand then...) and 20 bop soil from instance. Great. Funny fact Im getting arcanic like everyday but on main that will stick with relic set. Give us an option to buy sets for another classes.
    200_s.gif
This discussion has been closed.