test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Death slaad vs Earth archon,Erinyes of belial

Actually i thinking change my companion (Earth archon or Erinyes of belial) for Death slaad. In some old TR guilde (mod9) i read slaad is very good.
So, my question is: Death slaad give me more damege than Earth archon,Erinyes of belial ?

> Death Slaad (blue) Active Bonuses: On At-Will use: +14% chance to infect your target with a poison that stacks up to 5 times
B)

Comments

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    I have it, i tested it and im not satisfied with it. On mob fights it will never activate. On boss fights its ok but in total run its 1-2% of total dmg. Both Erinyes and Earth archon perform at least twice better. If you already have Death slaad i suggest keeping it at Rare quality, Purple is worse since the explosion removes poison stacks.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I play as a WK with a DOT build. The Death Slaad works very nice with that because it procs off of at wills and stacks up to 4 times. This stacks on top of the bleeds caused by my disheartening strike and my dualists flurry. So essentially as long as I'm attacking it keeps the DOT going. I do not use it as my active though.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Actually i thinking change my companion (Earth archon or Erinyes of belial) for Death slaad. In some old TR guilde (mod9) i read slaad is very good.
    So, my question is: Death slaad give me more damege than Earth archon,Erinyes of belial ?

> Death Slaad (blue) Active Bonuses: On At-Will use: +14% chance to infect your target with a poison that stacks up to 5 times

The death slaad is a good companion but would recommend other companions over it. It could have some niches uses but most likely, you will get better damage out of other companions.

For damage, the current BIS setup for companions is as follows:

Summoned companions come down to one of these 3: con artist, sellsword, or fire archon
    con artist and sellsword both have an attack power called consummed by battle that reduces your target's defenses by 10%. This bonus can affect multaple targets at once and if anyone on your team has the same companion, this bonus stacks. The fire archon is the best for personal dps.

The best unsummoned companions for dps I know of right now are the following: wild hunt raider, air archon, fire archon, earth archon, erinyes of belial/cambion magus, and seige master. Notably the archon bonus to other archons you have equipped does not work at all. Their damage bonus without taking other archons into account does however work fine.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Here is my 2 pints of brain mucus.
    Death slaad can help you make an extra 3 million damage per minute depending on what you are fighting and what boons you have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

Death slaad can help you make an extra 3 million damage per minute depending on what you are fighting and what boons you have.

How does boons affect the dmg dealt from death slaad ? Im trying to find effective ways to add dmg to my low dps protector GF for solo content. So far im only really happy with the owlbear cub as it is a massive dps upgrade. So far Ive been looking at the Death Slaad, Ligthfoot Thief, Tomb Spider, Wererat Theif and Xuna.

Elite Whaleboy
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Depends on how quickly you can stack your at-will attacks to process the active on the death slaad.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    wilbur626 said:

How does boons affect the dmg dealt from death slaad ? Im trying to find effective ways to add dmg to my low dps protector GF for solo content. So far im only really happy with the owlbear cub as it is a massive dps upgrade. So far Ive been looking at the Death Slaad, Ligthfoot Thief, Tomb Spider, Wererat Theif and Xuna.

He showed me yesterday, the death slaad pairs nicely with the demon slayer boon from underdark. The more tiny hits you do, the more likely you are to slay demons outright so stacking things that are dots or give you extra hits can make that boon a lot more useful. Its a niche thing though since it only applies to demons.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Before investing into any of those companions (Slaad, Xuna, Thief, Wererat, Spider) ask any1 to lend them to you and copy them into preview and test them first. I get the idea behind it but i think none if it works in actual combat.
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    I've tested the Death Slaad in the past and found it to be underwhelming, that being said if you don't have access to the archons/wild hunt/erinyes/siege master/etc its better than nothing.

If any of you do use it though I would recommend not upgrading it beyond blue. At purple or legendary the poison dot explodes doing aoe damage when it reaches max stacks and resets. If you leave it at blue it reaches 4 stacks and maintains itself (as long as you continue attacking). I did tests when the Slaad first came out (post nerf) and found the overall dmg done was greater when the companion stayed at blue quality.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.