test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloaked Ascendancy FAQ (in progress)

2»

Comments

• rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I had trouble with the incriminating evidence and the "other" adventuring party quest also.
    I did manage to completed it twice... and I have found them in all three districts.
    The first time was really difficult finding them.
    I can't for the life of me remember where in those districts.. but.. I don't know if its a coincidence or not, but they sometimes are usually around where those treasure map chests are.
  • I know of 2 spots that I find Adventurers just about every time I take that quest.

1) The dig site closest to the Treasure Ship. There is a huge root growing out and over the road. You can't miss it. If you cross over, there is usually a group at the base of it, next to the road.
    2) In Gyrion's (sp?) area. From the bottom left where the minor ritual HE spawns, head east towards the spot the counter-attack BHE spawns. There is usually a group on one side of the road or the other. It varies.

I have found a few others but the spawn rates are infrequent.
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Hm so how do you unlock weekly mission and who is supposed to give it? I finished investigating 1 wizards on 3 characters.. Still don't see any weekly mission on any of them. Only portal stones quest that apparently can be spammed all day longs and has only a small chance to drop evidence of evil from rng chest. Opened 11 got 11x T1 blue junk + peridot -_-

Found it. Need at least 1 confront task done to unlock the weekly. And to for SP it seems we need to confront all 3 wizards. HAMSTER. Best part is story-wise confront tasks make no sense as we are sent to actually confront & stop their rituals right after Investigate tasks. GG cryptic, 360 evidence of evil filler on the way to SP/boons.
    Post edited by krymkac on
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    qwregt said:

how do they expect you to do this campaign when you're only above 2 to 2.2k what a blank joke i just tried killing the cw gf ranger and mobs and they crit so blank hard that none of my 2k toons can survive against them cause this is the reason i dont want to play cause the mod is to disappointing why i just decided not to bother with it tell some adjustments came along

It's a MMO, not designed to be a single-player game. If some content is too difficult (or just too slow-going), try teaming up with others.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Great, another quest with poor respawn.. just like administering meds to the sick in Lonelywood

Switch to a lower-populated instance. That always helped with the Sick & Dying quest.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

I know of 2 spots that I find Adventurers just about every time I take that quest.

1) The dig site closest to the Treasure Ship. There is a huge root growing out and over the road. You can't miss it. If you cross over, there is usually a group at the base of it, next to the road.
    2) In Gyrion's (sp?) area. From the bottom left where the minor ritual HE spawns, head east towards the spot the counter-attack BHE spawns. There is usually a group on one side of the road or the other. It varies.

Have killed lots of adventurers...Only one has dropped....ONE!!!
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    You have to make sure they are normal adventurers, not plaguetouched,, those are EVERYWHERE. The ones that drop incriminating evidences are in select locations and have a pretty low respawn rate. Most consist of a party with 2 fighters, 1 rogue, 1 healer and 1 wizard, but I have seen variations. I have found 4 locations within the fey zone, 1 in the plague zone and 1 in the fire zone that I can reliably find if they are up.. there are a few others that I have run across but not yet tucked into memory.
    Another note about those parties, I have run across some where apparently someone has come along and killed enough to get the drop and left the rest alive. These don't drop anything because of that. I try to finish these off because I think leaving a partial group standing there may affect the spawning of another in a different location... plus it's just HAMSTER irritating.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    ", I have run across some where apparently someone has come along and killed enough to get the drop and left the rest alive. "

Red Wizards and Runecharged Trolls and Thieving Adventurers... Oh MY! Some things never change...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    From what I can tell its the PITA healers in the groups that actually drop the "Incriminating evidence". Look for those groups. Also there is a guide out that shows where you can find the "adventurers".

Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Titles! Let's make a list of the titles and achievements in the new mod.

Campaign itself:

Water Weight: Chapter 1 of the campaign quest, when you arrive in the River District for the opening ceremony, turn around. There's water balloons and dummies: Take a water balloon, hit a dummy, win a title. Hit the sergeant, or soak Kravatos repeatedly, for fun-and-no-title.

Hope Over Experience/Experience Over Hope: Take/don't take Nostura's treasure chest in the vault. Need to do it twice to get both titles.

Kind Of A Big Deal: Talk yourself up outside Nasher HQ

Flashback: In Chapter 5 of the campaign, touch the barrel on the beach. (Chapter 5 only unlocks after you do all 6 tasks with the wizards: investigate/confront each wizard. So lots of people haven't reached this yet, don't be worried that you missed it.)

Kabal's zone:
    Part Of The Party: Get blown into the lava.
    Too Hot To handle: Before the bridge full of enemies, go left off the cliff. There's a jumping puzzle.

Gyrion's zone:
    Right before the end, instead of going to fight Gyrion, make the difficult jumps to the lower platforms and follow that path. I don't remember what title it gives, but you get a title.

What else? I'm not counting things you'll get just by playing, like "Vault Dweller" (loot 50 dig sites), I'm mostly looking for titles you can miss.
    Part of the Party comes from listening to the NPC dialog at the start, not from being knocked in. Or if that works as well, you don't have to be. Just listen in until they notice and speak to you.

Nostura has achievements for avoiding the rune traps (Feytouched or something) and avoiding all the death spheres (Highly Skilled)

Inside the Nasher HQ, you can get various titles depending on how many times you kick the door guard.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I appeared to get Part of the Party for being blown into the lava.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    empalas said:

I know of 2 spots that I find Adventurers just about every time I take that quest.

Have killed lots of adventurers...Only one has dropped....ONE!!!
    You have to have done the most damage to get the scroll. Usually drops when the Healer dies.

• exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    And how to get the Nostalgia title ?
    2fv72Fw.png
    exgardian said:

And how to get the Nostalgia title ?

When you have completed all 3 Wizard confront tasks in the campaign, a quest automatically starts to confront Gyrion. You get the title by clicking something in the area where you beat the boss, the same area that you started the game in the tutorial.