test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eye of the Giant Power Share?

six6sixsinsix6sixsin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Just wondering if anyone has tried to power share with the Eye of the Giant's use ability and if it works. I'd really love to use another artifact that does something more than just boost my AP gain as a cleric. Also, whether or not the plausible 10% additional power is worth it to use while power sharing. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    I too would like to hear how well this artifact works in general.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Great artifact, whether powershare or not. Replaced my Wheel with it and didn't look back. The bump doesn't last as long, but never misses, never stolen. And you can let it off even in mid-boss fight. Try that with the Wheel.
    edited March 2017
    Im interested in it to go with my high hp run with a pally aoc destruction build on my cw....bored with everything else. Now I am down to deciding on my last two artifacts to replace to max out my HP and was looking at this one.

My last two spots are DC sigil (active) and CW Sigil. Hate to loose so much power and crit so was thinking this one and another 4k hp / 1k crit. But was wondering how good the active was on this one.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Great artifact, whether powershare or not. Replaced my Wheel with it and didn't look back. The bump doesn't last as long, but never misses, never stolen. And you can let it off even in mid-boss fight. Try that with the Wheel.

I just got the wheel for the second time (had it exactly 1 year ago ) I'm just not sure it's really better than many other artis. it's so easy to mess up (the wheel) and it takes you out of the flow of battle.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    very true, but 30% dps boost with 50% uptime... it's kinda worth a couple of seconds out of the flow... depending on your class of course. Ranged dps has an easier time for triggering it.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    edited March 2017
    Would you replace a DC sigil with the Eye for active slot?
    edited March 2017
    Not sure who you are asking. I think Eye has some AP gain properties, but not why I use it. I use it for flat DPS boost.
    I'm going to practice with it a little but I keep getting earth instead of fire. And u can't use it in the middle of a boss fight. Lantern has a shorter time but it benefits everyone and iirc has a 40 sec cool down instead of minute cool down so it can be used significantly more often
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Lantern is 60 second cool down
    @santralafax that was what I was thinking. I am trying to raise my HP as far as I can without hindering my dps (too much) and my last arti is my active DC sigil (wheel is not good with lightning enchant).

Lantern is 60 second cool down

yeah I was just coming back now to say I see that it is a 60 second cool down now that I am at my xbox again. sorry. sometimes I do not recall correctly lol
    edited March 2017
    @santralafax just ranked mine up. Makes me wonder how big I would get with this and young yeti lol
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    RE: Power share
    I don't have an eye so I can't check. But from various testing in this game, everything that includes a buff icon by your character portrait DOES NOT count for power sharing. If it does not have a little buff icon by your character portrait, it DOES count. Everything I have tested so far has followed this rule, but of course they could introduce items that don't respect this. I would guess that the Eye does yield a portrait buff icon, and therefore does not count. But I obviously can't check.

RE: Wheel
    One trick is to be moving forward and jump, then deploy the wheel mid-air. This almost always makes you land ever so slightly forward and triggers Fire right away.
    edited March 2017
    Getting Fire is easy, as @dupeks states...jump forward while casting. The issue for Lightning enchant users, is that wheel is not working with Lightning. If it ever gets fixed....it will be active again on my bar.
    edited March 2017
    @thefabricant tested it and told me that it is not working properly with Lightning. I beliece it is not increasing the lightning damage but have not tested it myself because He is usually 150% right about his advise, so I listen. If something has changed, I tagged him so he can elaborate if he wishes.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    niadan said:

@santralafax that was what I was thinking. I am trying to raise my HP as far as I can without hindering my dps (too much) and my last arti is my active DC sigil (wheel is not good with lightning enchant).

How about Vanguard's Banner as main? 4k HP, 1k Power and 600 Lifesteal, Power buff with 50% up time and when it gets fixed also 8% DR debuff for 30 seconds. I started using it on my OP over the Wheel for FBI and Tiamat or big heroics even though debuff doesn't work yet because I don't see any good alternatives and I love it so far, very short casting time is a big plus.
    edited March 2017
    I would love to get it, unfortunately I do not pvp, at least not for the last 2 years lol.
    edited March 2017
    Have to agree with you on that.

PS. Sorry OP for highjacking your thread, but obviously it has garnered a lot of interest from those of us that would like to "adjust" our builds.
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Guys,

The Eye of Giant ...size and speed increase by 25% does that makes your attack faster 25% or just movement speed?
    niadan said:

Getting Fire is easy, as @dupeks states...jump forward while casting. The issue for Lightning enchant users, is that wheel is not working with Lightning. If it ever gets fixed....it will be active again on my bar.

you mean while having lightning weapon enchant the wheel does not give extra damage from fire or just that the fire element does not trigger lightning enchantment?

edited March 2017
    jase2cool said:

Guys,

The Eye of Giant ...size and speed increase by 25% does that makes your attack faster 25% or just movement speed?

Attack speed is increased. That's the biggest piece of the dps bump, IMO. I don't know how it works with cooldowns, but at-wills are blazingly fast.
    niadan said:

@santralafax just ranked mine up. Makes me wonder how big I would get with this and young yeti lol

I just ranked mine up last Friday and love it. Enjoy!
  • six6sixsinsix6sixsin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I've been doing a bit of thinking on the subject and, to get back to my original question, even if it did power share, it simply wouldn't be worth while to use it over the sigil of devoted. That's of course only talking as a DC and not as a DPS class. The ~ 10% power gain just wouldn't be worth while to toss on and share a fraction of that additional power with allies. Thanks for all the replies tho.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User

jase2cool said:

Guys,

Attack speed is increased. That's the biggest piece of the dps bump, IMO. I don't know how it works with cooldowns, but at-wills are blazingly fast.
    Are you sure about this?

Because on the preview test server there is a free Eye of the Giant (on a new NPC at Brynn Shander). I tested it with my Paladin and it doesn't seem to increase my Attack Speed at all.
    edited March 2017
    I could be wrong. It certainly *seemed* that way at the time, though I'd been using it less than a week. Sorry if I was mistaken/misled anyone, but it is still a great artifact. It's still my active artifact.
    Post edited by santralafax on
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Vanguards is already fixed, has been for a month or so. I use wheel for boss fights if there's space, giant eye for when there are a lot of mobs like HEs and cn, and vanguards for the tough dungeons like sva, sp and fbi.

The tough decision will be which one - vanguards or wheel - to throw into orcus' wand. But maybe that won't be a thing after the new gear hits.
    No idea what my toon is now.