test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arcane Focus (appears to be capped, and or loot bugged) may take up to 85 days to get mats needed!

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    So.. with this in mind, there is literally no way to play catch up on arcane focus, it appears its on a 3 day limit, on a timer that is not reset at server , but on individual reset.. which is why you could go a day and not get any.

I hate this..

I would like to see it expanded a bit.. to 5-6 a day, so if you miss a day, its not that big of a deal.

They are way to lock happy.

@mimicking#6533
    @nitocris83

Can we discuss this a bit? We would like some changes to this..

Can we please UP the limit to the daily arcane focus a bit? to 5 or 6 a day.. this would help to play catch up when you miss a day.
    Can we also put it to sever reset?

This isnt good.. how many times have we discussed this.. when you do this, you are forcing poeple to ALWAYS play at the same time.. what happens if you cant do your farming until one afternoon, but cant do it the next.. but the next morning.. this makes it so you get ZERO the next day.

This I think is part of the frustrating with arcane focus.. ITs happened to me, this is probably why my CW is SO far behind my other toons.

These SMALL tweaks would go alone way to appeasing this issue with players.

Can we also get a answer back that this is being reviewed.. even if its a screw you all.

Thank you,
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    Just checked:

@mimicking#6533 was logged in here last on Feb. 23rd
    @nitocris83 was logged in here last on Mar. 3rd

I would not expect an answer too soon, @silverkelt
    Find tell me whom should I tag .. I cant even remember half the people who left or not.. lol .

I figure the community manager could give us a update.

THERE should be someone we could contact.

Find tell me whom should I tag .. I cant even remember half the people who left or not.. lol .

I figure the community manager could give us a update.

THERE should be someone we could contact.

Good luck with that. As it is now, our community manager seems to log in for the meaningless maintenance post on wednesday/thursday and remains silent for the rest of the week.
    Great so we could have game breaking stuff, and this is how they can show they care about their playerbase..

what a effing nonsense.. same HAMSTER, why should we believe in anything different will ever happen with this company.

Same nonsense , different year.

Once companies, would review thigns on releases, knowing things would never be 100% smooth and make alterations.. now you have to wait a mod or two..

great....

wonderful...

terrific.

• litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

Great so we could have game breaking stuff,

With all due respect, hardly game breaking.

its a core mechanic of a new mod and its not working right..

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    araneax said:

Are you guys doing the two first tasks in the campg. ? I am getting writtings and stuff from that.
    I am getting plently of writings by doing just the right capg. task.
    And i think focus comes from the left one ? Resist magic thingy. Or maybe i am wrong..

Yes, you are wrong. Secure the District gives you Arcane Magical Writings, but the other task gives you portal stones. Arcanic Focus only drops from dig sites.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I dunno if they gonna change but i feel they did it on purpose.
    I still think someone just made a mistake.. even if gated, they did it wrong , or someone put a wrong decimal someplace..

We need a explanation and we need some discussion.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I included this original thread in my report last week so it's on the Dev's radar. I don't have any updates at this time but we do have a State of the Game stream tomorrow where we will try to address as many player questions and concerns as possible.

Also, for those looking at my log-in timestamps, I do try to take weekends for myself so if you don't see me log in on Saturdays or Sundays it's because I do have those days off unless it's an emergency. I still check my email and I'm in contact with moderators for escalations but won't be logged into forums.
    I only get at most 1 or 2 on most toons a day..

not at all working for me
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    What's most absurd is that this is worst than twisted weapons without using dragon keys. Is it really needed to have such a long time gate? People should be ALLOWED to get them in a couple days if they grinder non-stop.
    @nitocris83

PLEASE understand how frustrating and infuriating this is..

MOST days I get 1.. 1 arcane focus out of 5 dig sites.. we need 85.. you can do the math..

My cw now has 13 total.. thats it. very unlucky.

Something is terribly wrong and this should be AT the top of the list to fix it.

IF IT IS CAPPED, please let us know the nature of the cap.

So we can farm in a efficient manner and not get frustrated with this.

IF IT IS Capped please make the arcane focus drop more reliable so poeple can just hit the cap daily.. without getting all vexed like we are now.

ALSO arcane focus should be account bound, not character bound.

Some toons may take CLOSE to 90 days !!!! to restore the weapons.

This is insanity.

I truly wish we could get a dev response to this.

Frankly .. Im so pissed off right now...

Mid april is our next double RP.. I DO NOT know if I would have enough arcane focus to get these weapons done in time.

This is ludicrous..

Can we push double RP back another month or two ?

Im ASSUMING you meant for us to have them by that date..

but it ACTUALLY appears it wont be available to most of us then.

• bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    If there is a cap at least tell us instead luring us into doing dig sites.
    Either remove the cap and reduce the drop chance (something like 10%) or keep the cap and give 100% drop chance.

Well, not only do they have a daily cooldown, they also seem to have a timer. This is not fair at all. That makes it a 29 day grind just for the focus, and that is only if you manage to get all 3 everyday.

Not sure there is a cap of 3 per day. Just spent a few hours farming dig sites, and I got 5, out of 23 digs.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    5 days ago I got 6 in one day, but then I went 2 days with none, and yesterday I got 4 again. But today again none.

I included this original thread in my report last week so it's on the Dev's radar. I don't have any updates at this time but we do have a State of the Game stream tomorrow where we will try to address as many player questions and concerns as possible.

Also, for those looking at my log-in timestamps, I do try to take weekends for myself so if you don't see me log in on Saturdays or Sundays it's because I do have those days off unless it's an emergency. I still check my email and I'm in contact with moderators for escalations but won't be logged into forums.

It is not your log-in timestamps that we frown upon, of course you are more than entitled to take the weekend off, just as anyone of us. It is your overall activity in this forum that we think should improve.
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    I stopped caring, fixed all me ingame problems. Too much grind? Only if you want item X asap. I go to the river, leisurely do some sites and some HE, finish the daily and get out. Why would I be in a hurry, why should i push myself? I play a 4k+ character, nothing in the game needs that much power. The devs throw artificial grind at us because they don't have the time or money to develop actual enjoyable content however its entirely up to us whether we do commit ourselves to it or not.
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User

I stopped caring, fixed all me ingame problems. Too much grind? Only if you want item X asap. I go to the river, leisurely do some sites and some HE, finish the daily and get out. Why would I be in a hurry, why should i push myself? I play a 4k+ character, nothing in the game needs that much power. The devs throw artificial grind at us because they don't have the time or money to develop actual enjoyable content however its entirely up to us whether we do commit ourselves to it or not.

Mostly this. I finish my dailies then do some digs, if I get Arcane focus, its a welcome addition to my daily routine, till I get the mats for restoration, that 40 focus for off hand is a mindmurdering goal to keep in mind. Will do it when I eventually get them. :)
  • frankymcfrankymc Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Today i just got my OffHand

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2017

It is not your log-in timestamps that we frown upon, of course you are more than entitled to take the weekend off, just as anyone of us. It is your overall activity in this forum that we think should improve.
    What should she say?
    Yes, we intentionally let the treasures only stack up to 99 so you need more bagspace.
    Yes, we limited the Ornately Carved Box to a stack of 5 because we can and we know you are hooked
    Yes, PoM is bugged but we cannot fix it. Our schedule for fixing stuff that troubles you is currently at M3 IWP, we downgraded the small barbaric HE's for your convenience!

I mean ... really, what can she say that does not produce flame and hatred towards her as the only representative of Cryptic we have here?
    Post edited by nameexpired on
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    adinosii said:

araneax said:

Are you guys doing the two first tasks in the campg. ? I am getting writtings and stuff from that.
    I am getting plently of writings by doing just the right capg. task.
    And i think focus comes from the left one ? Resist magic thingy. Or maybe i am wrong..

Yes, you are wrong. Secure the District gives you Arcane Magical Writings, but the other task gives you portal stones. Arcanic Focus only drops from dig sites.
    Ah ! Thank you !
    What about heroics ? The big ones ?
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

Good to hear, @nitocris83, but maybe the question that should be asked is the following:

We know that originally on Preview only 10/15 copies of Arcane Focus were required for weapon restoration (see Kali Gold's video), but that was changed to 40/45. Why?

It is almost as if the people making those decisions just toy around with spreadsheets, but never actually play the game. If this is done in order to slow people down so that it will take people at least 6 weeks to get the new weapons (2 weeks to gather everything but the Arcanic Focus, and 4 more weeks of mind-numbing grind just for that), then it would have been more honest to tell us up front.

People could then have made a decision on whether to suffer through yet another grind-fest or not. Instead we got a module which looked very good initially - If I had rated M11 just based on my first few days of playing, I would have given it at least an 8.5 (on a 0-10 scale), meaning it would be the highest rated module for me since Sharandar.

However, after discovering that I will need 3 months of non-stop grinding (as I actually wanted two of the new weapons for different purposes), I have now downgraded it to a 6.0....barely worth playing.

For the record, I am basing my time estimates on the fact that I have peen playing M11 pretty heavily for two weeks, and have only managed to gather a little less than two copies of Arcanic Focus per day on the average. 27 copies in 14 days would mean 88 days required for the 170 copies I need.

Sorry, but this really hurts my enjoyment of M11, and if I do not have fun in the game, I will obviously be spending my time (and money) elsewhere.
    I think they fail to relize how often YOU DO NOT GET ARCANE focus..

I HAVE gone days without one on a toon.. doing 10-15 dig sits apiece.

There is simply somethign wrong with the drop rate..

im ok if there is a cap of say 5 a day..

not ok.. that you cant seem to get that 5 a day on most days.

THIS NEEDS attention asap.

This discussion has been closed.