test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Binding Oath question

junius#6073 junius Member Posts: 24 Arc User
If i had a BO shield of 100k, and something hits me for 200k, will it absorb all of it and hit me for 50k unmitigated dmg? Or does it only absorb 100k, i take another 100k dmg and i get hit for 50k unmitigated dmg?

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Well firstly, the damage hitting BO is already mitigated by your DR so everything after that is going to hit you. With 50% DR, incoming damage of 200k would've started as 400k.

The BO shield would then absorb 100k, break, hit you and the enemy for 50k each and you also receive the remaining 100k so yes, you take 150k damage in total.

This is why a lot of players have stopped using it in boss fights as they can kill you in 1 or 2 hits with BO. To my mind, it would only be usable against the likes of Orcus if you had maxed DR, SoF up permanently and very good temp HP generation.

Personally what I'd really really love to see is a change to Absolution to make it apply the shield to both the Paladin and any player he happens to be facing.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    In short Binding Oath is now a trash power that can be used to taunt hordes of trash mobs. I tank without it.