test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Heal Paladins Rework (Suggestions)

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @isaintify1 @rubytrue

Ruby, check the couple of posts below the one you quoted; I read that one post as attacking and questioned isaintify on it, but you'll see he said that wasn't his intention, I feel it could've been worded better but believe him when he said he didn't intend to come across that way. Isaintify, both of us read it that way and the choice of words gave the wrong impression of what was intended but it was of course a misunderstanding, which is very easy to do when just using text.

The forum pally community is pretty small but we all gain from our exchange of ideas/information and all the regulars here have added value to the discussions.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    one concept we didn't explore yet to fight against one-shot without either an complete immunity or a massive amount of temp HP: irreductible HPs.
    By this I mean the last few percents of your health bar can't be depleted once every 20 or 30 seconds. It looks like an immunity but it only activate if you reach this last few percents of HP and it lets ou on the brink of death wich means a second hit even for a small amount is likely to kill you.
    This is meant to give a chance to get healed not a free 'stand in red' pass.

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

@isaintify1 @rubytrue

Ruby, check the couple of posts below the one you quoted; I read that one post as attacking and questioned isaintify on it, but you'll see he said that wasn't his intention, I feel it could've been worded better but believe him when he said he didn't intend to come across that way. Isaintify, both of us read it that way and the choice of words gave the wrong impression of what was intended but it was of course a misunderstanding, which is very easy to do when just using text.

The forum pally community is pretty small but we all gain from our exchange of ideas/information and all the regulars here have added value to the discussions.

Noted. Thanks for the clarification.

And isaintify, you're more than welcome to join me some time on some runs. I think if you had the opportunity to see what is possible, it might change your mind about the state of DevOPs in the game. I'm just reluctant to advocate for wholesale changes to powers as I feel we are teetering on the edge of being overpowered. I also think teaming together would provide a nice apples to apples comparison as I believe we are pretty close to each other in iLevel; I believe I read that you are 3.1K, and I am 3K.

Look me up in-game: Sable Shadowstorm@rubytrue
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

@isaintify1 @rubytrue

Noted, and thanks for the clarification.

isaintify1, I'm still open to teaming with you in-game; it might give each other an opportunity to see where each other is coming from. I'm personally reluctant to advocate for wholesale changes to DevOP powers as I feel we are currently teetering on being overpowered. Given our similar iLevels, it would provide a nice apples to apples comparison (I believe I read that you are 3.1K, and I am 3K). Who knows, maybe you can change my mind.... I think that there are some powers that are useless (Healing Font), but there are so many that are so powerful, I think we have more options at our disposal than the vast majority of classes- I have three different loadouts that I use depending the situation (and those loadouts have a couple of variations). I have 16 characters, and none of them have the flexibility, survivability, and sustained damage as my DevOP.

Look me up in-game: Sable Shadowstorm@rubytrue

• isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    @majorcharvenak Yeah I do understand what you mean by saving the party at times or yourself with RA can be nice. I personally have no trouble when it comes to solo and the new zones, and never really need a save from it. But I think that RA is fine the way it is but if it was to be changed I would want knockback taken out, and some other affect added to it. Still can retain its AP gain of course.

Healing Font I really want this daily to be useful lol... I ran a test on about a 40minute CN with only using Healing Font (besides final boss) and it ended up healing a total of like 2.5milion. Not bad but compared to everything else we can do, that amounts to nothing. What you suggest I do not quite understand what you are saying by the "block one shots". Does it latch a "laser" to every party member in the circle like the protectors bubble does, and reduce incoming damage by like 50% or what do you mean. Also no matter what you cannot prevent the one shots because of players who either are glass cannons or are to low ilvl that they have no defense at all. Currently as of now Shield of Faith "basically" does that job decently enough, and if you are in a boss fight use banishment to give everyone that 20% extra DR. But yeah Healing Font does really need a change because its useless how it is now.

Aura of Divinity I do like all these ideas of putting out a shield or giving immunity and such, and would be a welcome edition. I mean basically all our auras are useless, and the ones that are useful are Aura of Courage,Wisdom,Life... But if we are in a party with another pally using courage and wisdom.. we well honestly have no other auras to use and its kinda frustrating for me.

I also do like your idea of restoration but do we really need a increase in incoming healing bonus, unless they nerf Bond of Virtue? Should either do something else that fits the name but not quite sure what exactly lol.

one concept we didn't explore yet to fight against one-shot without either an complete immunity or a massive amount of temp HP: irreductible HPs.
    By this I mean the last few percents of your health bar can't be depleted once every 20 or 30 seconds. It looks like an immunity but it only activate if you reach this last few percents of HP and it lets ou on the brink of death wich means a second hit even for a small amount is likely to kill you.
    This is meant to give a chance to get healed not a free 'stand in red' pass.

If you saw majorcharvenak post about their suggestion with Aura of Divinity its something that you may like, Major says -

"For Aura of Divinity, make allies who are within 30' of you and are below 20% health are granted damage immunity for 4 secs. Additional ranks increases the duration by 1 sec. This way it would give the healadin a few seconds to try to correct the situation or if they die and you're running with another pally, get close enough to rez them with aura of life."
    @damoc#3687 majorcharvenak made a suggestion that they stated on the previous page that you may like... Its below

majorcharvenak says "For Aura of Divinity, make allies who are within 30' of you and are below 20% health are granted damage immunity for 4 secs. Additional ranks increases the duration by 1 sec. This way it would give the healadin a few seconds to try to correct the situation or if they die and you're running with another pally, get close enough to rez them with aura of life."

@damoc#3687 majorcharvenak made a suggestion that they stated on the previous page that you may like... Its below

majorcharvenak says "For Aura of Divinity, make allies who are within 30' of you and are below 20% health are granted damage immunity for 4 secs. Additional ranks increases the duration by 1 sec. This way it would give the healadin a few seconds to try to correct the situation or if they die and you're running with another pally, get close enough to rez them with aura of life."

The problem with this proposition is twofold: it is an immunity and it doesn't address one-shots. Making it not so relevant and not in line with the stated objective of the devs.

My vision was more: if you have a charge of 'stay standing', any damage that would drop your HP below 5% of your max HP instead consumes your charge and put you at 5% of max HP. The charge goes on cooldown for a time meaning you can't get a new one. Not really an immunity, more like a delay, a kind of 'soulforged charge while you're not dead', giving back the healing role utility since it becomes paramount to heal back to full health after such an event.

If you're looking at what's in store for the clerics it's the distinction they made on Living Fire instead of activating while you are below a set amount of HP, it triggers when the limit is crossed.

Considering what should give these charges, yeah Aura of divinity would be a likely candidate.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    @isaintify1, @damoc#3687

After taking a little more time to think on it, and looking over your respective arguements over the weakness of my suggested changes, I'm forced to agree with both of you. So let me see if I can tweek this.

@isaintify1, Initially I would have liked to have seen Healing Font (our class paragon daily) be as strong of a daily as Divine Protector, but not working exactly the same way. I wanted something we could set down and while it wouldn't block the damage. You would still take it, but if healing font was active, and the team took a massive amount of damage, it would leave you with 1 hp for a split second then start to heal you. So maybe not damage immunity, but something that acts like @damoc's suggested intention for Aura of Divinity, a mass soulforge for the party. One that you can set down for any of the squishy Dpsers that might be positioned just outside of range for AoL, and one that wouldn't apply resurrection sickness when activated. Impose a limitation on it where you can only benefit from it once every 90 secs or 120 secs or whatever so that its not abused but would potentially be useful to prevent at least one party wipe.

@damoc, I think (and like) your idea for Aura of Divinity though I would like to steal that idea, twist it and use it as Healing Font. :p You get full credit for though. ;) My (new) suggestion on it would be instead of giving damage immunity for 4 secs, give would trigger a damage resistance component that activates when a target is a 20% health but scales depending on how low the target's current health is. So 5% DR at 20% health and up to 20% DR at 5% health. Also add a bonus to incoming healing starting at 10%, with a 5% increase for each rank.

There's my latest take. Like all things, appreciate feedback, suggestions, and respectful critiques.

Shia/Sereska
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • squealiosquealio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi,

I don't ever posts on the forums but have really enjoyed keeping up with this thread and seeing the paladin community coming up with good suggestions for the class so I thought id post the feedback I gave to the dev team a month ago just to get your own opinions.

Note* I wont take any feedback to heart even 'no I hate this idea' is good feedback however if you would explain why it would be nice.

Buffing:

Paladins have great powershare 25% if we take the feat but devotion falls behind protector quite substantially our Divine Call for protection is perfect 500% threat 10% dr and power increase where as Devotion has Healing and a stat increase only if the target is healed.

To handle Devotion buffing a party could a power increase element be added to the mechanic linked to healing maybe or to damage capped in the same way as Protector.

Encounters:

while being a little bit pigeon holed into some encounters one encounter stands out and needs work be that maybe only a tooltip change.

Divine Touch: the tooltip states heavy radiant damage but in reality the skill hits like a very small kitten the tool tip really should be adjusted to reflect this or the power given a substantial increase in damage.

At Will:

Both paths could do with a small increase to at will damage shielding strike has twice as hard but I believe it take longer to use the combo that being said they all hit quite low for a main skill.

Dailies:

Firstly rename Divine Judgement to Hammer Of Faith you will see why shortly I would also like to see its base damage increased but would be worried about the effect on pvp as it can already hit quite hard.

New power:

This power would replace Healing Font and be called Divine Judgement I wanted to keep this power Devotion only as I feel the changes that have been made to protector have put the class in a good place.

Tooltip:

Upon activation The Paladin starts to pass judgement on enemies within 20ft for 5-10 seconds. When the paladin or and ally attack and enemy being judged the target gains a stack of judgement. At the end of this effect enemies receive damage (stacks of judgement x base power damage) this power has a cooldown of 30 seconds and is 25% effective in pvp.

This group dependant power will have the ability to hit hard if the team work together to build the stacks and relies on the paladin to cast the skill at the right time for maximum effect.

I think this power should only effect the Paladins group as in Tiamat or similar content this could be game breaking.

The idea behind this power was to try and help the devoted paladin find a place in high end groups,
    i'm not saying that we don't get in high end groups but we are the third choice currently and a power that requires timing and group organisation to unload there skills at the right time may be an answer to this.

Any feedback good or bad, changes or otherwise are most appreciated.

Squealio
    squealio said:

Hi,

Paladins have great powershare 25% if we take the feat but devotion falls behind protector quite substantially our Divine Call for protection is perfect 500% threat 10% dr and power increase where as Devotion has Healing and a stat increase only if the target is healed.

Squealio

Just a little clarification I think doesn't apply to you but could be misanderstood with how you wrote it. The Dev boost of 5% stats applies to anyone we actually heal, it's not linked to our divine call.
    Does the 5% increase in stats from our mechanic "Oath of Devotion" actually increase the stats of our affected targets? I do not think i've ever seen a 5% increase in anyone's stats from this mechanic. If it doesn't just this alone will make us more viable and invitable into dungeons, if it was fixed.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User

Does the 5% increase in stats from our mechanic "Oath of Devotion" actually increase the stats of our affected targets? I do not think i've ever seen a 5% increase in anyone's stats from this mechanic. If it doesn't just this alone will make us more viable and invitable into dungeons, if it was fixed.

The 5% stat increase only triggers from the actual heal from Sanctuary (need to restore HP). Applies also to yourself.

The 5% stat increase only triggers from the actual heal from Sanctuary (need to restore HP). Applies also to yourself.
    It does not increase stats by 5% and from what I checked it only increases some stats and only by about a few percentages like .7 for critical strike. You are wrong about the applying only to yourself as it applies to everyone as stated by the tool tip in the mechanic itself. Unless what you are implying is that it only currently applies to yourself and not to others. Then yes you are correct on that, as a .7 and a .3 increase to stats after being healed by sanctuary is absolutely nothing in comparison. This should be fixed but with how the developer state of the game live stream went. I doubt that they will be working on any kind of class fixes in the future. As they have a lot on their plate that they are trying to focus on with all the new modules and new planning on certain thing.

It does not increase stats by 5% and from what I checked it only increases some stats and only by about a few percentages like .7 for critical strike. You are wrong about the applying only to yourself as it applies to everyone as stated by the tool tip in the mechanic itself. Unless what you are implying is that it only currently applies to yourself and not to others. Then yes you are correct on that, as a .7 and a .3 increase to stats after being healed by sanctuary is absolutely nothing in comparison. This should be fixed but with how the developer state of the game live stream went. I doubt that they will be working on any kind of class fixes in the future. As they have a lot on their plate that they are trying to focus on with all the new modules and new planning on certain thing.

I said it applies ALSO to yourself. Like in many other cases, if the tooltip says "allies" it also include yourself (e.g. Shepherd's Devotion insignia bonus). Check if the stat increase is calculated from base value, that could be the reason it seems so small. When I quickly checked that on alt with no companion it increased my arpen froma little bit below 4k to a little bit above it, haven't checked exactly, but it should be close to that 5%.

I said it applies ALSO to yourself. Like in many other cases, if the tooltip says "allies" it also include yourself (e.g. Shepherd's Devotion insignia bonus). Check if the stat increase is calculated from base value, that could be the reason it seems so small. When I quickly checked that on alt with no companion it increased my arpen froma little bit below 4k to a little bit above it, haven't checked exactly, but it should be close to that 5%.
    They are being increased by the base stat and does not affect buffs from companions. Its a instant activation and applies to everyone. It works is based off how high or low that persons stat is already. So if you are sitting at 30k power naturally I will give you 1,500 extra power. The reason why I was puzzled was because intiailly I did not know this. I did this based off of my armor pen which is 150 so I only got a buff of 7 from it. So basically this stat benefits people who buff certain stats to the extreme. You said your armor pen is a little below 4k so I will say your armor pen is 3,900 the increase you will get wil be 195.... So this buff can be very helpful and very useless lol.

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I would like to see the length of our animations decreased substantially. That would make me a happy healadin.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

ravenskya said:

I would like to see the length of our animations decreased substantially. That would make me a happy healadin.

Hmm yes to make up for the large amount of time between each use of bane it should be a faster animation, or bane should just be returned to normal.
    Faster animation yes, but I do like the AP gain fix.

ravenskya said:

Hmm yes to make up for the large amount of time between each use of bane it should be a faster animation, or bane should just be returned to normal.
    Not just bane, but smite, burning light, etc. Other characters can complete two encounters before I finish the animation of a single encounter.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

ravenskya said:

ravenskya said:

Not just bane, but smite, burning light, etc. Other characters can complete two encounters before I finish the animation of a single encounter.
    Not only that. Too many encounters can be interupted (even by yourself if you try to use other power before animation ends - e.g. Circle of Power). I'm talking specifically about Smite and also RA in PvP.
    I do find myself stopping Smite after a second or two of using it to try and toss out a daily. Smite for me personally out of nowhere is doing a lot more damage over the last month. My highest hit with it in a party in etos was a 850k so I do not mind the longer animation to balance it out. But last few days i've been constantly cutting off the animation, or maybe its just I noticed it more often idk lol.
    Exactly - you can't even fully charge Burning Light if you are soloing versus say... ice giants, because the full charge takes as long as if not longer than it takes them to pick up a rock and throw it at you.

• wartailss#9312 wartailss Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I see alot of people saying burning light takes too long and you can't get a full charge off. I have very little trouble getting full charges off, you just have to know the enemies mechanics. Warrior giants, open with radiant, smite, sidestep their charge, divine call while running back at them, Radiant strike full charge BL smite( white dragon fangs and yeti I do very similarily). Giant golem, take a few steps away from them and cast it, BL range is greater than most enemy red zones. Not critisizing, just giving tips.
    If only they'd make BL chargeable whilst moving...

Circle of Power is more like Circle of Uselessness, and I know by saying that gonna get some guy trying to say how good it is if used correctly blah blah. No this encounter is useless, and the reason for that is, it only gives us bonus damage and healing. If this encounter really is a "Circle of Power" (A beastly sounding name) then it should give allies a dps boost as well and some AP gain. Make it like a lesser version of hallowed ground, and bam we have a encounter that makes us viable and useful for dungeon runs etc.

Circle of Power is more like Circle of Uselessness, and I know by saying that gonna get some guy trying to say how good it is if used correctly blah blah. No this encounter is useless, and the reason for that is, it only gives us bonus damage and healing. If this encounter really is a "Circle of Power" (A beastly sounding name) then it should give allies a dps boost as well and some AP gain. Make it like a lesser version of hallowed ground, and bam we have a encounter that makes us viable and useful for dungeon runs etc.

Useless on Dev, amazing on Prot.
    edited March 2017

Useless on Dev, amazing on Prot.
    Yes something we all know very well lol. Prot got all the love and its very apparent.

Ah well they did nerf our main tanking skill - Binding Oath...

armadeonx said:

Ah well they did nerf our main tanking skill - Binding Oath...

Where comes all the love for a class, comes all the nerfs of the class. It just shows how much they care more so about the tank pally. I mean look how broken the heal paladin actually heals, and they dont "nerf" it at all.