test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Worth coming back to NWO?

glaskanoneglaskanone Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Hello.
I left NWO when the devs/designers/publishers/"powers that be" unleashed "Module 6: Temple of Elemental Evil" on the unsuspecting players.
The backlash from the playerbase was instantaneous but I did not wait to see the outcome: the amount of HAMSTER was just too much for me to handle so I left.

Have you guys seen any QoL improvements?

It seems some "Module 6" developers left Arc and moved down to the game I was playing.... but I *need* to play something and I want to know if NWO is worth coming back to.

I have a few capped chars (I don't even remember the classes) and they were geared with what was thought to be top End-of-Game stuff at the moment (I think I had Tiamat's sets or Black Ice Sets, I don't remember very well).

There are a few games out there that I'd like to explore in depth, like Path of Exile, but given that I already have a NWO account I was wondering if it would be worthy of a comeback.

Any/all feedback appreciated :)

Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    memoto886memoto886 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Pretty much every gear you had in module 6 now is worthless... I was playing even before module 6 (not even sure).
    I finished playing when Icewind Dale was about to come in... I came back a month ago... and loving it man.
    A lot of things changed... some things didnt... my advice would be come in with like 1 character... see how you like new campaigns... see it for yourself...
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Module 6 was one of the best moments of the game XD
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    glaskanoneglaskanone Member Posts: 10 Arc User

Path of Exile is garbage too and you cant ask other people if you should play a game. Log on, play and decide.
    if you quit at mod 6, youll have a lot to do in game.

Thanks for the heads up on PoE.

BTW, I was not "asking other ppl if I should play".
    It just happens that me -and the vast majority of the people I played with at that time- left the game after M6 which I believe set a new low in game design.

I asked because maybe some of the actual players are people who came back to the game and I was wondering if they considered NWO worthy of their time.

@memoto886: Thanks for the honest answer :)

Have a great rest of the weekend :smiley:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User

Hello.
    I left NWO when the devs/designers/publishers/"powers that be" unleashed "Module 6: Temple of Elemental Evil" on the unsuspecting players.
    The backlash from the playerbase was instantaneous but I did not wait to see the outcome: the amount of HAMSTER was just too much for me to handle so I left.

Have you guys seen any QoL improvements?

It seems some "Module 6" developers left Arc and moved down to the game I was playing.... but I *need* to play something and I want to know if NWO is worth coming back to.

I have a few capped chars (I don't even remember the classes) and they were geared with what was thought to be top End-of-Game stuff at the moment (I think I had Tiamat's sets or Black Ice Sets, I don't remember very well).

There are a few games out there that I'd like to explore in depth, like Path of Exile, but given that I already have a NWO account I was wondering if it would be worthy of a comeback.

Any/all feedback appreciated :)

Thanks!

Game has significantly improved since M11.
    There is end gamers dungeon too which provide challenge to end game players unlike dungeons before.

Also Castle Never and Spellplague dungeon has return and its buffed up.
    Newly introduced new weapons and armor on M10-M11.

I would say its a good time to come back.

Artifact accessory set such as tiamat and greater back ice set still are usable (same ilvl with news one) and maybe BIS for some build... if you have any artifact weapons /accessory can always refine it into newers one which will retain some of the refining point

I would suggest give it a spin and try it out there is nothing to loose since you already have geared toons.

If needed more information PM me in game

Regards,

Jason Shieldheart@jase2cool
This discussion has been closed.