test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arcane Focus (appears to be capped, and or loot bugged) may take up to 85 days to get mats needed!

Comments

• c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Ya, they should not have made the sets weaker than Relic. It is the same hamster grind.

But there are two big differences...

First, you can solo-grind the M11 weapons.

Second, you can get the M11 weapons even though your IL is far too low to get you into Svardborg.

This justifies giving the weapons a weaker bonus.
    Let's hope Mirage weapon's copies of yourself proc weapon enchantment <:
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I was a advocate orginally and I think they actually did it fairly well.. a 5-6% difference in damage is ok..

All I want is a response back from the company, that states someone is reviewing WHY arcane writes are not dropping from dig sites, even though they are supposed to and why arcane focus , seems to be 2-3X short of daily drops to get the weapons, without having to do 800 dig sites.

@mimicking#6533

Can you please, for the love of something.. get someone on this and communicate with us.

Its clear that something went amiss .. and we have heard nothing, on what is supposed to be a core element of this mod.

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    aaramis75 said:

ghoulz66 said:

I'm at 6 writings and 12 focus on average per char now. So I'm guessing I'll have to be forced to buy more writings or sacrifice them on one char. Really alt unfriendly here.

I don't mind the rest, it's the writings which are annoying to farm. Boss lair's resource is fine if grindy. Least that rewards you with some salvage.

The last several campaigns have all been super alt unfriendly, with the exception of Underdark which was awesome for allowing you to buy weapons and armour for your alts from one char.

If the drops were all BtA instead of BtC for this campaign, that would help immensely, allowing us to pool resources from alts instead of feeling almost forced to just level one char.
    I also liked the ability in Underdark to unlock eDemo for alts once you had unlocked it on the main - not sure if that'll be possible for Spellplague, but would be nice.
    This - so much this, everything should be B2A from the campaign.

Also the 270 EoE store price reductions seem to be ridiculously overpriced unless they do something else the tooltip doesn't say, they should be account wide unlocks.
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The artifact components needed should not be behind caps and RNG. The drop rates are abysmal atm. This is especially troubling for classes that are not HDPS, like my DC.

I saw nitocris83 had said he would look into it around Feb 27th. It would be nice to have an update :)
    Post edited by hudman21 on
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Ya, they should not have made the sets weaker than Relic. It is the same hamster grind.

But there are two big differences...

First, you can solo-grind the M11 weapons.

Second, you can get the M11 weapons even though your IL is far too low to get you into Svardborg.

This justifies giving the weapons a weaker bonus.
    You get the SoMI weapons on completion of the initial quest line, they are even easier to obtain than the M11 weapons. You can easily farm the RP needed to refine them up to legendary courtesy of fishing and the bottle map chests, by that I mean the lanolin, dragon turtle moults and basic RP. Where things get a little harder is with some of the special items needed in the restoration process such as Frozenfar Mistletoe and Permafrost Shards as these only drop from HEs...but they are available on the AH. So not really a problem. The only hardship with the relic weapons is their requirement for special 'marks' that can only be obtained by running nSVA and mSVA. Having said that, you 'only' need to complete 10 mSVA runs to obtain enough to upgrade both weapons to Epic. The final step from Epic to Legendary gives a small boost in stats. I have relic weapons on two of my characters. They are missing the 'marks' from mSVA to get them away from basic green but they are restored and full of RP. Due to the RNG element in getting them to Legendary, they will never get beyond Epic. The bottom line for me is that RNG is what has made these weapons hard to complete to their maximum state. They are not hard to obtain and, if RNG smiles on you, will actually be easier to obtain and refine than the new ones which will take forever.....again thanks to RNG affecting/determining the drop rate of some important components. The fact that they can be obtained and refined by a solo effort doesn't make them any easier to get for most players.

Ok.. another day.. results.

Im 100% confident that you cannot get Arcane Writings AT all in dig sites.. none of my toons have more then 8-9 total writings, these are random drops from random hes.. or the few times I get security done.

Out of todays result.. 2 had ZERO arcane focus out of 5 dig sites each, 2 had 1 apiece, 1 had 2.

Most of my toons are no more then 12-13 arcane focus at all and only one has more then ten writings.. my CW.. has like 4 writings..

Today I made a concentrated effort just to do HES on my CW.. to try to catch up.. and BAM.. ZERO out of ten big hes lol.. Did get 3 portal stones though and capped my daily EE with it.. but then I grew super bored, not doing that again.. waste of time.

What a pita..

THERE is something not coded right.. and ITS very frustrating that day after day.. while we are working up to purchasing the weapons, we CANNOT correctly earn the mats.

Why are they not responding.. with a WE are looking into loot tables, we will let you know at least.

Why do they leave playerbase hanging for no real reason.

Im sure their super great STate of the game.. will gloss of this as well.. I hate those State of the Game things.. they are never productive.
    Ive never gotten 3.. 2 max..
    I would love to get 3 on one day =p

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Writings are not so much of a problem .... I get around 5 per day of those - 2-3 from the Security task, the rest from HEs. Currently have 45, so I expect to be close to what I need by the time I actually get the weapons. The Arcane Focus is much more of an issue, as I have said before - the drop rate seems around 1-in-5, maybe 1-in-6 - I only have 19 of those, and I really do not look forward to farming hundreds of dig sites to get the ret of what I need.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Writings are not so much of a problem .... I get around 5 per day of those - 2-3 from the Security task, the rest from HEs. Currently have 45, so I expect to be close to what I need by the time I actually get the weapons. The Arcane Focus is much more of an issue, as I have said before - the drop rate seems around 1-in-5, maybe 1-in-6 - I only have 19 of those, and I really do not look forward to farming hundreds of dig sites to get the ret of what I need.

I think I've ran 9 or 10 dig sites in total yesterday and got 0 focus.

I just gave up and logged out :/
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    Got 0 focus doing 20 dig sites. This is plain ridiculous.
  • hugecromagnonhugecromagnon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    So something needs to change I just looted 24 dig sites over 3 hours and got zero arcane focus with my SW, I started with 20 still have 20. This is very frustrating since I'm picking up the weapons tonight and run roughly 10 sites per day, but still have to wait another 6-8 weeks until I have enough focus....
    I'm not sure if there is an account wide max you can get, but my pally(alt) got 5 focus out of 8 sites before I started the sw grind.
    My cw is the unlucky one.. while ive been doing the same amount of dig sites with my CW as my Dc.. Ihave 10 on it and 20 on my DC..

Ridiculous.

Wonderful they took off for thier weekend, without once really addressing broken dig site loot tables.

You know.. only the crux for many of us of the mod..

nothing to see here.. lets move along.

Cant wait for tuesday.. we need to barrage them about this on the state of the game address.. (which we all know is a whole bunch of self propagandizing none-sense anyways)

I get so frustrated with companies that treat player base like its scum, without working with them, communicatin or following up.

THIS is not a minor bug.. this is massive.

WRITINGS are supposed to drop from dig sites per tool tip.. do not.
    Focus.. IS NOT dropping in expected # and appears to be bugged in some manner. getting ten out of almost 2 weeks of dailies.. is ridiculous rng.

FIX THIS.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

WRITINGS are supposed to drop from dig sites per tool tip.. do not.
    Focus.. IS NOT dropping in expected # and appears to be bugged in some manner. getting ten out of almost 2 weeks of dailies.. is ridiculous rng.

FIX THIS.

Actually, it might not be as bad. Regarding the Writings, there are two sources of those - they drop from HEs, as well as the "Secure the District" campaign task, which makes it pretty easy to get the number you need. I think the tooltip mentioning Dig sites is, well, a tooltip error, nothing more - they are probably not supposed to drop in dig sites at all, because the collection page just mentions HEs at the bottom, and I think that is more reliable.

As for Focus, yes, the drop rate is a concern if you need 80-100 - however, I just watched a Youtube video of M11 weapon restoration, which clearly showed that you needed just 10 Arcane Focus for the offhand, and it was claimed you now need only 15 for the mainhand.

I am a bit confused, as the offhand Fey I have on Preview clearly shows it needs the same number as it did originally.

But maybe, just maybe this has been fixed already - needing to gather 25 is not really an issue, and would show that they do listen to playerr concerns.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    qexotic said:

You get the SoMI weapons on completion of the initial quest line, they are even easier to obtain than the M11 weapons. You can easily farm the RP needed to refine them up to legendary courtesy of fishing and the bottle map chests, by that I mean the lanolin, dragon turtle moults and basic RP. Where things get a little harder is with some of the special items needed in the restoration process such as Frozenfar Mistletoe and Permafrost Shards as these only drop from HEs...but they are available on the AH. So not really a problem. The only hardship with the relic weapons is their requirement for special 'marks' that can only be obtained by running nSVA and mSVA. Having said that, you 'only' need to complete 10 mSVA runs to obtain enough to upgrade both weapons to Epic. The final step from Epic to Legendary gives a small boost in stats. I have relic weapons on two of my characters. They are missing the 'marks' from mSVA to get them away from basic green but they are restored and full of RP. Due to the RNG element in getting them to Legendary, they will never get beyond Epic. The bottom line for me is that RNG is what has made these weapons hard to complete to their maximum state. They are not hard to obtain and, if RNG smiles on you, will actually be easier to obtain and refine than the new ones which will take forever.....again thanks to RNG affecting/determining the drop rate of some important components. The fact that they can be obtained and refined by a solo effort doesn't make them any easier to get for most players.

I have to agree with this. Purple SOMI weapons are quite strong, the bump for orange is not that big of a deal and purple was not too difficult to obtain. Purple SOMI weapons are probably equal to Mod 11 weapons at orange.

At this point my mainhand is orange now, but I still feel compelled to farm the last 5 marks for the off-hand. I'm a completionist, I guess.
    edited March 2017
    So since yesterday morning I've run 47 dig sites (including the 24 dig sites I reported yesterday) and managed to collect 2 focus. Are the devs going to acknowledge thus as an issue? I really can't spend the next 6-8 weeks solely running dig sites.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Your claim is anecdotal (your experience). I have gotten about a 1 in 6 drop rate, (perhaps 1 in 8, as I wasn't counting the first few in the Mod) from dig sites.
  • xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Got 4 or 5 out of 27 Dig sites yesterday. And none out of 27 today ... So results are quite random.
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Guys writings is unbound you can buy it for AH. It's not big problem, for me the only problem is arcanic focus.
    I get 3 arcanic focus per day, if i play 8 dig sites(1 is buged) or i play 40 dig sites in one day i get only 3.
    This is need to fix!!!!! No the writings.

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The only character I have that I'm trying to get new weapons for, has the lowest amount of Arcane Focus. I'm talking several hours more grinding.
    However, taking a good idea, and turn it in to complete garbage, well, it's kind of how they usually do things, so I really have no idea why I at any point was optimistic about this mod.
    At first I thought it was OK. I kinda liked it. Then I got my first OH piece, and learned how much time these "easy to get" weapons will cost me.
    Edit: removed angry part
    Post edited by forumnamesuxs on
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• styley177styley177 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Here's my two pennies, ive taken 5 chars thru new zone (yes i have altitis) pretty much every day since beginning of new mod.

All of these bar one are getting slow, very slow drops of both focus and writings, prob about 8-11 focus so far and about 3-5 writings, and yes i do mainly digs with the odd security etc thrown in.

One char tho is cursed, so far not one, not even one focus !! and just 1 writing. At that rate sometime next year ill get the weapons, frankly it's not good enough even for the chars i am getting some drops on let alone my unlucky one !!

I dont think its unreasonable to be at least close (about 75% of the way perhaps) to being able to buy a weapon set just by doing the dalies alone, and to guarantee it ... some farming needed, but please make it reasonable.

For now i'll stick with it if for no other reason than to unlock Spellplague, but if drops dont increase once boons and SP open, im done with new zone, which btw is nice, i like it but the grind will soon make me treat it like i currently treat SOMI ... ie absent my participation.
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    bvira said:

Got 0 focus doing 20 dig sites. This is plain ridiculous.

Тhats because you get distracted too easily. You need to be more focused
  • aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    So, I've also noticed this. People already mentioned this but it seems there's a maximum of 3 or something with focus.
    No matter how much u try u wont get any. If u have a tank or healer dont run these dig sites and torture yourselves. Try again in a few hours. Dont think its a daily limit per say but not 100% sure how many hours it needs to get an arcanic focus drop.
    lol this feels like restoring an artifact no matter how many perservations u use if its not your lucky day you wont get an upgrade xD I hope this will get fixed but I really dont they will do anything about it.
    If you can't convince them confuse them.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    Are you guys doing the two first tasks in the campg. ? I am getting writtings and stuff from that.
    I am getting plently of writtings by doing just the right capg. task.
    And i think focus comes from the left one ? Resist magic thingy. Or maybe i am wrong..
    I do at least 5 of each every day.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

edited March 2017
    You can also get writings from the maps that you pickup in each dig site, I finally decided to use some of mine today and got roughly 10 writings from 30 chests.
    In regards to the focus drop rate, there seems to be a CD on how often you can collect your 3/day, which is approximately every 20 hours and does not correspond with the daily reset. Yesterday I got my 3 around 4:30pm and today got them at approximately 2pm. The day before I started the testing I got them in the early evening.
    This is after running 79 dig sites on one character over the past two days. This is also consistent with my alts that seem to get three while doing thier dailies within an hour of reset each day.
This discussion has been closed.