test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchantments being reworked to function with all encounters!

demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
The devs are working to make weapon enchantments work with smoke bomb and path of blades.

Yay
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

Comments

• dedikted#9216 dedikted Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    How do you know this?
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    It's here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1227227/official-feedback-thread-weapon-enhancement-changes/p11

Thanks for the heads up @demonmonger!
    Up until now, several powers, including smoke bomb, only procced with vorpal and dread. Now they'll proc for all enchants when the fix gets implemented.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    (Big smile) it's going to be awesome.
    This is the main thing I'm looking foward to in the future of nw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • kinganuthinkinganuthin Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    what would you use over vorp?
    It all depends on what I am fighting...
    Some of our current enchantmen's have been nerfed as well. So let's just wait and see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    So far, I'm using Lightning but from what I saw on preview, maybe I can change to Flaming. Just need to see if it will work or not.

I used Vorpal, and since I changed to Lightning my dps increased around 15%, probably because of lightning chains.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Any news here or are we sticking with vorpal?
    From what I understand (haven't tested myself), they are still not proccing on SB or POTB...
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog

From what I understand (haven't tested myself), they are still not proccing on SB or POTB...

yeah, many powers and dots don't proc any enchantment.

Any news here or are we sticking with vorpal?

I tested on preview trans lightning, flaming, bile, terror and plague fire. From those, only lightning and flaming was better than vorpal, but I needed to change my build a little to work well with them.
  • stachu0jons#2959 stachu0jons Member Posts: 11 Arc User

From those, only lightning and flaming was better than vorpal

1. Where ? on dungeon ?
    2. How is possible there are better ? flaming after 3 stack have AoE attack, lightning is for AoE class
    3. On some blog (NWO_U) wrote for class Single target best is Bilethorn...

PS. Special question @ sirjimbofrancis : Do you try calculate how this scaling power works ?
    B)

1. Where ? on dungeon ?
    2. How is possible there are better ? flaming after 3 stack have AoE attack, lightning is for AoE class

PS. Special question @ sirjimbofrancis : Do you try calculate how this scaling power works ?
    No, I didn't for a couple of reasons.

First, thefabricant already did a ton of testing on it.

Second, they are really buggy. Really buggy proccing multiple times on different powers, and different enchants proccing differently. I'm not sure that was intended, but I ran a MSVA last night with a (admittedly great) HR with one of these enchants and he flat murdered everyone in DPS. Like, I looked at one point and he had 200 million to the next person's 40 million. The people I run with are pretty good, too. And, good for him! I've never been creamed that badly! Lol I'm pretty sure,though, that is not intended and the enchants will get modified, eventually.

Thirdly, I keep making the mistake of signing into the live account to do professions on my alts, intending to then swap out to the preview server to test, and, by the time I've finished with my alts, I am committed to a run on my main. Then another and another, and pretty soon, I'm out of time to go to the test server...T_T
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog

1. Where ? on dungeon ?

1 - Yeah, dungeons and trials: demogorgorn [normal and epic], castle never, kessel, valindra and elol.
    2/3 - even if flaming hit the 3rd stack and proc aoe, soon I had another 3 stack [even won't proccing aoe] and my dmg was also increased by 3%. So, almost all the time I had that 3% dmg bonus [dunno if it's wai or not]. I tried Bile, but that only was usefull for bosses and big mobs, since the aoe don't have enough time to proc. Lightning spammed those arcs everywhere and even on bosses it was great.

With flurry... bilethorn and lightning are amazing... with single huge attacks vorpal and dread are perfect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Change couldn't happen sooner. My TR is suffocating from dust bunnies.
  • stachu0jons#2959 stachu0jons Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2017

With flurry... bilethorn and lightning are amazing

so, what if i have 95% crit chance ? Bilethorn still better than Vorpal ?

B)
    edited March 2017
    Yes for low damage attacks
    Your weapon damage from a critical hit will increase bilethorns damage, plus it will be aoe splash at higher enchantment levels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

With flurry... bilethorn and lightning are amazing

so, what if i have 95% crit chance ? Bilethorn still better than Vorpal ?

not to mention the cap on crit severity...
  • larrylowlife83larrylowlife83 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    new TR built for PvP, using vorpal now... any ideas on if i should change in mod 11?
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2017

new TR built for PvP, using vorpal now... any ideas on if i should change in mod 11?

For a pvp TR, a vorpal is a solid choice still. You could also go feytouched, its debuff is very powerful in pvp and it does almost as much damage as a vorpal. Lightning, frost, terror, and bilethorn do less damage but also offer powerful debuffs or control effects to consider.

I was on a premade team not too long ago where one of the rangers would ask if anyone else had a feytouched, if they did, he would switch to a terror enchantment for that match. From what I understand, feytouched does not stack with other people's feytouched enchantments and having multiple types of enchantments at work tends to be scaryer than your team mostly using the same type. Bilethorn has its slow up nearly constantly when attacking and does good damage. Because of its near constant slow, I've been considering bilethorn on my scoundrel TR since I have a feat that grants me 25% more damage against targets affected by CCs. Lightning enchantment is a great AOE enchantment and its chain effect is also really good for knocking nearby TRs out of stealth. Lightning also is really nasty against targets who don't have much lifesteal/self heals and the chain means you can kill a target at low health by simply hitting someone else nearby. Frost is only up 50% of the time thanks to its cooldown but it's combination of cc effects and debuffs are very powerful and give you a significant advantage.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC