test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 10.5 - Lostmauth Set Versus Dexitery Belt

valkosvalkos Member Posts: 34 Arc User
Hi Guys

I'm a new player and TR, currently item level 2.3K and trying to learn about builds and gear to optimise as best I can. I've been lucky and got the items as drops for the lostmauth set but as I've read some 10.5 builds I've learned that this set bonus was reduced and now the orcus set is best.

The question I have is, while I don't have or can afford the Orcus set, am I better to use a dexterity belt and other neck/back instead of the lostmauth set for overall dps?. I find it hard to figure out the additional damage from the LM set versus additional +2 dexterity from a belt with other items. I'm talking about PVE, not PVP.

Can you give me your experience on this guys?

Cheers
Jarik

Comments

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Dex belt gives u crit, Str belt is nice option as well since it gives you dmg %. At your lvl i guess its best to use full LM set since it provides u with enough armor penetration, it should be 60% in combat. Orcus set is best but it lacks armpen and for new players its hard to reach 60% without loyal avenger gear on companion.
  • kinganuthinkinganuthin Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    im thinking about switching to the str belt for extra 2% in damage... unless i get luck with a shard..
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Lostmauth set is just fine. .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • kinganuthinkinganuthin Member Posts: 82 Arc User

Lostmauth set is just fine. .

sure. but always looking for the bbd.
    Leaving a set bonus frees up other slots. You could switch to imperial dragon cloak if your ArP is over cap and get some recovery. Switch out horn for almost anything! Control bonus? Comeon..
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The orcus set is BIS but its more of a luxury investment than something to trip over yourself going after. It does grant more damage than lostmauth but unless the thing you are fighting spends a lot of time at low health or you often linger at low health yourself, the dps increase will be small.

Statwise, lostmauth has really good PVE stats for a TR but its set bonus is next to useless. You would be doing fine to leave your lostmauth set as is but you can also mix and match to customize your stats to exactly what you want. If your armor pen would drop below 60% by taking lostmauth peices off, you should either keep your lostmauth pieces or make sure the peices you switch to have armor pen on them. If you have more than 60% armor pen, I would look into peices that offer a different stat in place of armor pen.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC