test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Stream: State of the Game [3/7]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2017 in News & Announcements
Join us next Tuesday, March 7 at 2pm PT for a Developer Stream on the Neverwinter State of the Game and special giveaways courtesy of Roccat! Community Managers @nitocris83 and @strumslinger will be joined by Lead Designer @mimicking#6533 to discuss the new The Cloaked Ascendancy expansion and future developments!

We will be taking questions during the stream but you can start submitting questions now on this thread!

For detailed info, visit the blog post.

Perfect World Twitch Channel

Tuesday, March 7 at 2pm PT (What time is this for you?)

Comments

• Options
    mephisto2313mephisto2313 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Got a question for you guys, you guys have class specific artifacts, why not God specific artifacts? Make a special quest related to what each God or Goddess represents and have the players follow the quest line for these certain artifacts.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited March 2017

When will we have a new class and race? When will we get real rewards from running content, instead of salvage?

Getting kind of sick of the whole "we want to look at class balance first" too. In April it'll have been two years since the last class was released. Cryptic can keep delaying it until they've finished their balance pass but balance will still be a mess and we won't have had a new class in 3+ years.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Are there any plans to bring a new dungeon tier for the high end players?

Will it be possible to get legendary mounts in a different way then lockboxes in the future? As loot in dungeons or at least in the Tradebar Store?

When will be the itemlvl adjusted? Companions with R10+ Bondings make mostly the hugest part of the player's stats and it isn't counted in the itemlvl.
    Post edited by hastati96 on
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    The shutdown of china server will it affect the future of this server?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    hquadros said:

The shutdown of china server will it affect the future of this server?

The MMO news sites already posed that question to PWE and were told it would not affect western Neverwinter.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    chin24uchin24u Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    each class can be more refined and improved in powers to make all classes to balance
  • Options
    barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    Here a simple one. How about a new dom map. Seriously how hard can that be to implement. Players are leaving because of poor development of the game. Your childish content so everyone gets a trophy attitude. Make something a challenge.

Thanks
  • Options
    draco16#8040 draco16 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Mastercrafting has not been updated and much of the new armor is better than what can be crafted by mastercrafting. Is there any thought to providing bonuses to master crafted armor set? Ring item level and bonuses as well as other Jewelcrafting items are practically worthless. Thanks
    The Draconic Brotherhood GH 20
    Escape the Ordinary GH 20

Lord Havok GWF
    Lady Icethorn CW
    Brother Heals DC
    Lord Bubble OP
    Sister Tetera GF
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    When will we get the ability to (one-click) swap all powers and armor?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    kreatyve said:

What does the future look like for the Foundry? And what does the future look like for PvP? Are either one of those systems getting worked on/updated sometime in 2017?

Thank you for seeing feedback and changing your stance and trying to be neutral even tho Pvp is not your thing
    even tho it is not lore of D&d :D
  • Options
    magneticmoosemagneticmoose Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I'm going to second, or third? the question about a new class. That "Coming Soon" sign during character creation is maddening (just kidding, but it has been there a while)

Ok now my Question:
    Is there going to be any expansions on the VIP Program, or is this the finalized form? (not that anything is wrong with it, but just wondering if level 12 is a hard tier cap, or will there be any added levels and benefits in the future)
  • Options

IThat "Coming Soon" sign during character creation is maddening (just kidding, but it has been there a while)

It's never going to go away. Even if they released a new class next week, that would remain a permanent feature of the UI as stuff is always in development even if it isn't ready to talk about yet.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Dungeon tiers, dungeon tiers, dungeon tiers!
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options

Can you comment on using layers of RNG in order to delay player progression and the impact this has on player satisfaction and feelings of making meaningful or measurable gains? (RNG restoration components and bound marks/items vs. ichor where you could calculate a precise number of keys needed.)

Look at this very pertinent thing I just yanked out of the Twitter feed of one of your developers.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/99219/gdc-2017-epic-games-ben-lewis-evans-on-player-psychology-and-rewards

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Two questions from me:

What are the plans for the Foundry - it has the potential to really set this game apart from other similar games, and it is a real shame how under-utilized and...well, neglected it is at the moment.

What are the plans for making Masterwork crafting relevant again? Making masterwork armor is a time-consuming and expensive process...but basically pointless, as what you can make does not compare to what you can get by playing.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    duskwoodduskwood Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Will you guys please fix the rapid strike animation? PLEASE :(
  • Options
    arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    • Will you be Publishing loot tables and the % chance?, If not why not.
    • What plans are in place to remove RNG from gear progression
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Some artifacts don't have properating cool down times once upgraded. When can we expect all artifacts to have proper cool down times based on their upgraded status?

Some feats with mount insignias are not working with "combat advantage after controlling enemy" with trickster encounters:
    Dazing strike
    Smoke bomb
    Deft strike
    Impact shot

Class feat:
    Daze on stealth also does not activate mount bonus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    bawkrubawkru Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    when is new char coming out, when will skills from all classes get fixed I.E. unstoppable bug TR attacks out of invisible not procing things GF 1 shooting players and mobs without having the armor pen to do so ect ect , when will we have epic versions of dungeons like pirate king and other old dungeons making them 3k+ wouldnt be a bad choice.
    when will we have more PVP maps, when will u use foundry to for something useful like super rare items or something, when will the bugs like heroic encounters of new river district be fixed, when will we get a use full tab that holds useful items and campaign stuff like new zones mass of dig site passes maps and reclaimed items.
    when will the the dev's openly play with the players on live server so they can feel the state of the game not just hear it from us, when will skill nodes and loot cases in dungeons be worth opening, what is the reason for making the game not alt friendly, underdark was probably best effort why didnt all mods after follow the same ideal.
    there is much much more to think and talk about for sure like why do u allow some bugs to persist for years wile others u fix within a day or 2 yet all are game breaking. or when u nerf/buff things without telling the players about it, but like i said there is a endless list and like the comments above plz bring u flame repellent gears for this u will probably need them.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    dmcewen said:

Dungeon tiers, dungeon tiers, dungeon tiers!

Aye, agreed.
    • In Mod6, we were promised the return of our dungeons. We got the leveling dungeons... but where's the Epic/Master dungeons?
    And we currently have a large gear gap in between dungeons. We go from CN (2000) to FBI/eSP (3100), which is kind of a huge difference.
    • Any news on any intermediary level dungeons, say, 2500-2800 level? (Normal Svardborg and eDemo don't count, they're not dungeons).
    Other Questions:

We got the GF/HR/SW/OP rework when Mod10 hit live. We know DC is next, and then GWF, CW, and TR (not necessarily in that order though).

-Any hints for which class is being rebalanced next? (if you guys have a NDA, I don't blame you guys).

-I know the other classes are in dire need of a rework, but are there any plans to relook at the GF/HR/SW/OP rebalancing?

The previous rebalancing didn't quite have the same level of communication between devs and playerbase, and as a result, some issues persist for some classes (ex: OP is still locked to Justice only, Archer HR is still underwhelming, SW is still heavily bugged, etc.). In addition, the new enchants have changed how some classes function...

-Any news for transmutes, specifically, the idea of cross class and classic transmutes?

Let's be real: lots of us love playing dress up with our virtual heroes. There's a lot of snazzy transmutes for classes which went missing, such as Draconic Templar, Thayan Zealot weapons, and I'd like to see their return. In addtion, there's been quite a few people who like the idea of cross class transmutes....

(I wish I could see the livestream live, but I'm going to be in class during the livestream. lesigh. I hope Zeb makes a transcript.)

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Will you be releasing new unique armour drops in the near future like you did in Mod 10.5 with gear like the Psion Shroud and Yarl's Gaze?
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    The stream's at 03:30 AM for me :s I won't make it...

But, when will you be fixing the Historian's Regalia (mine has 6AC instead of 12), and the 'flourish' animation of the drake mounts (it's not cancelable, and therefore hinders movement when stuck with collision issues)?
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    niadan said:

Will you be releasing new unique armour drops in the near future like you did in Mod 10.5 with gear like the Psion Shroud and Yarl's Gaze?

Just commenting... Unlikely, since those additions were because of the key changes and not the module.
    FrozenFire