test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we talk about lag in the game?

karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
Don't get me wrong. Lag will always be an issue in online games because of connectivity issues.

But Neverwinter has really problems.
For example loot drops on the ground generate a little bit of lag. You could watch this kind of behavior on the last Winter Event. Instances where player spammed their Gifts and Parsel Packs like crazy also lagged like hell.
AOEs always generate lags. The more AOEs in one fight the more rubberbanding you will experience. The best way to experience this is in the Kabal instance. I mean I like the basic design of the jumping puzzle but all these AOEs and push effects lead to a gigantic lag. I had over 3 seconds delay. Render it almost impossible to complete the jumping puzzle. And before someone screams it is my connection. I upgraded recently from 5 Mbit to 50 Mbit and nothing changed.
And I did the Kabal Instance with 4 other guild mates experiencing the exact same issues. And it is like i said not only the Kabal Instance, everywhere where AOEs are used it lags like hell and making the combat system of Neverwinter not really that entertaining. And don't get me wrong. I love the combat system in Neverwinter. But with such lags it is really....
plat.png
Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!

Comments

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    We can talk about it, but since it seems that the comunity manager don't bother to log on to the forums it will propably fall on deaf ears
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• pip#4959 pip Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Yes I agree the lag and rubber banding issues are verging on ridiculous.
    I had no issues with this till the introduction of the winter festival.
    Since then I have had huge issues with lag and rubber banding that always ends with me wiping. This makes doing epic dungeons extremely difficult.
    The constant server disconnects and server not responding is just horrendous.
    All in all these issues make end game content a nightmare to get through, one lag or rubber banding and I am mobbed and dead once the server catches up.
    These have got even worse since the river district has been added to the game.
    It would be great to see some input from the developers as to how they are going to address these issues, as lots of players are experiencing these issues in my guild and alliance.
    I love this game but find it very frustrating to play when I lag, rubber band or disconnect.
  • manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    I would just like to add my bit to this. I have rage quit twice in the past two days trying to do quests in Icewind Pass. I play as a MOF Wizard and timing is everything for handling giants & groups but with the amount of lag at the moment I am finding it extremely frustrating as you think you have jumped clear of the giants cleave attack etc. to find yourself pulled back and slammed to the ground. It really seems to have gotten much worse since the River District was added.

And just to back the OP up on this - I am running a 30mbps line with 3mbps upstream and a ping of 15ms, have an i7 4930k CPU with 16GB ram and run only SSD's in my machine so it aint on my side :( All other online games play like a dream except NW...

Over the past 1.5 years I have probably spent upwards of $2k on this game and have 2 months left on my 6 month VIP but am starting to think about finding another form of stress relief as at the moment the LAG is only adding to my stress.

PLEASE let's talk about it
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Great, now we only need MimicKing or another Dev and our Community Manager.
    plat.png
    Is it only me or did it get significantly worse after this patch?
    plat.png
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    #craptic-strikes-again

25 second sprints !!! awesome

rubber banding on epic scales !!!!
    I looked in the River District Instance Thingy. Instead of holding only 25 player per instance the amount was doubled. Maybe it has something to do with that? It also takes incredible long until monsters for the heroic encounters spawn.
    plat.png
  • jacethewizjacethewiz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The lag is horrible since this morning's un-announced 500mb patch. no patch notes and they upped the players allowed in instances to 50 LOL The lag is so bad most of my guild is just not playing now. Who the heck makes dumb decisions like..."Let's increase the amount of players in each instance to 50" ? They should be fired.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If the instance cap ia back to 50, it is probably a bug, accidentally using old files or data. That had been hotfixed last week and probably didn't get added back to the build for this week.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    A significant amount of what people describe by lag is due to the 80's game engine. It can't handle a lot of players / objects in an instance very well, leading to rubberbanding mostly.

Then the game also severely suffers from connectivity. That's not the servers per se, but also an issue on their end, because they refuse to give players faster routes to the game.

It's really strange. Sometimes when I get one of those >2k ping periods, I randomly try one of the proxys and that resolves the issue. But I can't just permanently use the proxys because most of the time the direct connection is better. So I'm basically permanently switching proxys on/off on any given day to see what's working the best.​​
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    Welcome to Neverwinter ladies and gentlemen!

Bringing a whole new meaning to the term "Minimum Viable Product".
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.