test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [3/2]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter (PC) will undergo maintenance tomorrow, March 2, starting at 7AM PT for roughly two hours.

Comments

• fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    Patch Notes ? Nothing ? Again ? Or a lot of "invisible" patchs ? Can you please just say "Its just a server reset" or "see the preview shard for patch notes".
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    They are over in the preview section of the forums. Not a lot to see, but....
  • evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    No fix to the bugged Investigate Nostura's Past quest that some people are unable to complete.

I have a feeling this may have occurred when running the quest in a party, and whoever clicked complete the quest first got it completed, but it didn't complete for me, and now the quest is not available anywhere.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    evalira said:

No fix to the bugged Investigate Nostura's Past quest that some people are unable to complete.

I have a feeling this may have occurred when running the quest in a party, and whoever clicked complete the quest first got it completed, but it didn't complete for me, and now the quest is not available anywhere.

Have you gone to the Lynching Tree with Archdruid Morningdawn? Several players who thought this quest was bugged had simply missed a critical step.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @beckylunatic those are the preview patch notes. I see no official announcement that they will go live. We can all agree that we are being ignored by @nitocris83 here when it comes to maintanance. Probably we will be informed over Twitter or Facebook why is the server going down.

Btw, xbox and ps4 knew what was going on on Tuesday.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Neglecting to say whether it's a restart or patch once is forgivable. Continually doing so is either trolling or laziness. Or both.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    anyone else getting this 30Mb launcher patch ... again?

must be about the 5th one in the last few months
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • billyglovesbillygloves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    I guess I will have to be surprised regarding what is changed in the patches. I care for neither Facebook (don't give a HAMSTER if you went out with your friend for lunch), nor twitter (tell me the whole thing not just a written sound bite)!
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Well my launcher certainly downloading 550mb of something...
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    vida44 said:

@beckylunatic those are the preview patch notes. I see no official announcement that they will go live. We can all agree that we are being ignored by @nitocris83 here when it comes to maintanance. Probably we will be informed over Twitter or Facebook why is the server going down.

Btw, xbox and ps4 knew what was going on on Tuesday.

operative word "this week" in terramak patch note post on preview
    Light set of notes this week. The system requirements change below is pretty significant behind the scenes, and we've still got the Devoted Cleric changes coming up (NOT likely to go live next week, but hopefully getting onto Preview very soon).

System Requirements Update
    As of this build, Neverwinter can no longer support the Windows XP operating system, or video cards with a Direct3D Hardware Feature Level less than 10.0. Please see this thread for more details.

Items and Economy
    General
    Green-quality insignias from the Many Starred Lockbox now properly drop without binding to the character or account.
    Note: Insignias that have already been bound to the account will unfortunately remain bound.

User Interface
    Character Sheet
    The Character Sheet and Power Purchase interfaces no longer have elements referring to a mysterious Loadouts feature for a certain subset of characters. Sorry folks, it's not quite ready yet!
    Note: This was hotfixed last week, and is now properly integrated into the build.

Localization
    General
    Various fixes have been made to localized voice lines in the Cloaked Ascendancy content.
    Various text localization fixes have been made.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    evalira said:

So far, I've told every person that claimed the quest was 'bugged' to go back to the Archdruid in Protector's Enclave. Between the quests for the Elemental Weapons - Fire, Water, Air and Earth - there's a quest to go to the Lynching Tree with the Archdruid.

Every person I've told that has then completed that stage.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    i have been waiting since jan to feb for the 2x seals event to come and so far i have not heard one thing about it same on the calendar where waiting for this is starting to get boring when they wont fix the lag as well cause im sure not going to keep playing if they keep making there campaigns to hard
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    554MB patch for me, I have it set to download all and not to patch on demand.

That said, why is there no new patch notes posted? The link above is for the preview server, not live.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

The link above is for the preview server, not live.

It doesn't really matter except for the complaints about inadequate updates. Wednesday patches for Cloaked Ascendancy preview builds will turn into Thursday patches for the live build. That's just how it works, and I would think people care most about finding the information from the patch notes, and not whether somebody made a second thread and also a blog post.

I would *think* that that complaints are directed more at not being able to find the information easily and not just raging about not getting things your way (generic "you").

A long-term preview build, should one materialize, will get a slightly different numbering scheme. That link ain't it. That's definitely what is happening today.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    First off @nitocris83 , I did forget to thank you for this post. And I do thank you for taking the time to make it.

@beckylunatic Your right, my complaint is the fact that the information isn't where it's supposed to be. We have a patch notes section of the forum for just that, patch notes.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

First off @nitocris83 , I did forget to thank you for this post. And I do thank you for taking the time to make it.

@beckylunatic Your right, my complaint is the fact that the information isn't where it's supposed to be. We have a patch notes section of the forum for just that, patch notes.

I agree with you Reg. I have been looking for patch note (because it 'patches' when I load the game on Thursday). I looked for the place where the patch note is supposed to be, the patch note section. I cannot find it until today because I happened to wonder why the old news 'scheduled maintenance' thread is still alive. When I read this the first time on March 1, I considered nothing special because it happens every week and the first post of the thread just told me there would be a 'scheduled maintenance'.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lucadamingolucadamingo Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Off topic,didn't want to make a thread for something that's probably known by the hardcores.....so the "day" has been switched from 6 am EST to 5 am EST?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Daylight Savings Time starts back in a week or so and the reset will be at 6 AM again. Our time shifted not the server's.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
This discussion has been closed.