test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Laghtning Enchantment

mordockbrmordockbr Member Posts: 32 Arc User
Hello, actualy the Lightning Enchantment is almost 2 times stronger than a vorpal....
As you guys said it wold be a bit weaker than vorpal i can only think that this is a bug....

I would not have come here to tell you guys this, but since the Lightning Enchantment just lags everything please make it realy weake so no one uses it, otherwise any dungeon we get in is going to have at least 2 Lightning Enchantment users and it will lag like a hell!

Comments

• forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Actually, the lightning enchant need to be looked at, but afaik, there's only issues with it on one class, so nerfing the enchant itself would be kind of an overreaction. Perhaps make it not proc on dots would be a better option, or make it not crit for this particular class.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    First, Lightning Enchantment is still one of the worst Single Target enchantment and it's good this way.
    Second, the aim of the enchant was initially to be one of the best Multi-target enchantments, which is fine right now.
    Third, it doesn't do twice as much damage as Vorpal, you might have been OutDPSed by gear difference? or whatever reason. I guess you just don't want to buy another enchantment and stick with Vorpal. I can understand it, however it's been too long since Vorpal has been 500% more efficient than most of the other enchantments.
    Fourth, it's the first time I enjoy being OutDPSed in the chart because many enchantments became competitive : Feytouched, Bilethorn, Lightning, Vorpal, Plague, Terror ...
  • tacobeast94tacobeast94 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    @thefabricant you're awesome dude just keep doing what you do. Numbers are always your argument, and the community really appreciates that.
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    Multi proc from DoT is always bad and most likely not works as intended.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Multi proc from DoT is always bad and most likely not works as intended.

@flyingleon what the devs specifically said in the preview thread for these changes is it isn't intended for weapon enchantments to multiproc on damage over time effects, but it is intended for them to multi proc on Entities. Conduit of Ice, Icy Terrain, Oppressive Force, etc, are entities and so multi procs off them are actually intended.

The question is not, "is it intended" since the answer to that is yes, the question is, "is it balanced?"
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Aprox 24% overall damage increase from both.. Assuming it is Trans-
    Trans Vorpal will get you about 28% wth 100% crit.. so yes Lightning or Bilethorn are better if you don't have super high crit.
    I don't see the problem here. Big deal if CW gets the most benefit (by a small amount) from the enchantment rework.

Trans Vorpal will get you about 28% wth 100% crit.. so yes Lightning or Bilethorn are better if you don't have super high crit.
    I don't see the problem here. Big deal if CW gets the most benefit (by a small amount) from the enchantment rework.

@btairborne it is 24% of my damage, not a 24% damage increase. As a damage increase, it is (1/(1-0.24)-1)*100 = 31.578947368% dps increase.
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User

@btairborne it is 24% of my damage, not a 24% damage increase. As a damage increase, it is (1/(1-0.24)-1)*100 = 31.578947368% dps increase.
    Yeah, and how much is it if you don't run with an OP? :p
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I use Bilethorn on single target fights and Lightning on AoE. This log is over an extended period of time with the same group.

Is Bilethorn so bad at AoE that it would be a downgrade from dread/vorpal if you're too lazy to switch enchants?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    @urabask or visa versa running with only lightning. I have both, but in some fights it is a pain to switch where there is no campfire break between "phases".
    @michela123 and he does this with a Forgehammer of Gond active arty just to show he can....lol. We do love our AOC Paly brothers and sisters.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    urabask said:

I use Bilethorn on single target fights and Lightning on AoE. This log is over an extended period of time with the same group.

Is Bilethorn so bad at AoE that it would be a downgrade from dread/vorpal if you're too lazy to switch enchants?
    I would be that would be situational..depending on who you are running with and how fast things die!
    edited February 2017

CN run without AoC as requested.
    urabask said:

The faster you kill stuff, the worse bile becomes, which is why I only use it on bosses.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    niadan said:

[Michela] and he does this with a Forgehammer of Gond active arty just to show he can....lol. We do love our AOC Paly brothers and sisters.

Forgehammer 2 stronk.

Can you say "Disintegrate every 3 seconds?

• flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    @thefabricant, thank you for the charts. I could tell the slight difference you meat between DoT and Entities. But for example, Conduit of ice and Icy Terrain, their mechanism is pretty similar to DoT. One activates the power once, and then one get damages over next several seconds. Anyhow, it is my personal opinion that things do not feel quite right.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Ran FBI with 2 trans Lightning users yesterday ... No lag at all.
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I did CN, and IG, we were 3 CW, 2 with T.Lightning a one with a Pure, and no lag at all. The lag usually comes from the server.
    Post edited by martelis1981 on
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Has anyone tested the lightning or bilethorn on the HR?
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

I will remain neutral in this discussion...

va8Ru.gif
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    dmcewen said:

Has anyone tested the lightning or bilethorn on the HR?

Lightning procs on first tick of DoTs (i.e. roots, plant growth) on HR if i recall it correctly.

• dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Well looks like BIS Weapon enchantment for HR will still be vorpal or dread depending on build :'(
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Lightning is good on fast attacks small damage attacks. Vorpal is a beast on high damage single attacks.

The threshold of equality between the two enchantment starts to show at around 15,000 to 17,000 damage.

So if your attacks are less than 15,000 damage per tick, use lightning for most damage return. However if your attacks are more than 17,000 critical damage and your severity is at least 70% use Vorpal

Did some tests to see how it all pans out.

Used legendary elemental daggers to test.
    Trans vorpal, Trans lightning
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

Lightning is good on fast attacks small damage attacks. Vorpal is a beast on high damage single attacks.

The threshold of equality between the two enchantment starts to show at around 15,000 to 17,000 damage.

So if your attacks are less than 15,000 damage per tick, use lightning for most damage return. However if your attacks are more than 17,000 critical damage and your severity is at least 70% use Vorpal

Did some tests to see how it all pans out.

Used legendary elemental daggers to test.

Trans vorpal, Trans lightning

Please show me a screenshot of a character with less than 75% critical severity.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I've used a T. Lightning for months on my Pally and it absolutely does not cause lag. This is a false statement made by someone who has absolutely no evidence to back up their claims, as is their ridiculous statement that it does double the damage of a Vorpal.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    edited February 2017
    Lol @thefabricant simple...a dead character. Come on....everyone knows this.

Been this way since Beta.