test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arcane Focus (appears to be capped, and or loot bugged) may take up to 85 days to get mats needed!

silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
edited March 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Guys, someone misplaced a zero someplace... you can easily do your 5 digs a day and never come away with one.. at this rate, we will be able to buy 3-4 weapons before we can ever actually make one.

What is going on here? Ive been doing around 5 toons a day, and most days, will get 1 on one toon.. at max..

This is going to be a massive issue as it continues to roll. Its best if its fixed now.

@nitocris83

Can you see what is up for us?

If they dont increase the drop rate of these.. we will have double the amount of purchasing ability, before we can actually have the mats to make it.

I cant believe this is what they intended, so to me it seems to be a mistake.
Post edited by silverkelt on

Comments

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Seconded. Doubling it would work.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Thinking about it.. they should add one for completing the daily set.. at least this way there is a end date
    Otherwise.. this is going to be making alot of poeple pretty upset.. after they discover.. buyign the weapons.. and grinding everything else.. may still mean weeks and weeks of dig sites to get weapons..

The whole thing makes me just want to throw up my hands on this module as well.
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Well so far I've noticed there is a cap where I couldn't have more than 4 or 5 Arcane Focus per day which makes the grind so long.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll bring this up with the team.
    no.. im barely getting 1 per day

I would be 100% ok with a cap of 4-5..

but on average.. I get 1 arcane focus every 7-8 dig sites.. almost double the amount you need for the daily..

at that rate, you could almost have double the amount to purchase weapons, before you can make them..

that makes zero sense to me..

the drop rate is just too low.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @Nitocris83 That AND the pages. You need more of those. You get just one for completing the security task. It gets tedious at times upgrading posts or donating supplies directly, all for just one. I actually find more arcane focus per run before I actually can complete security for one arcane scroll/page. I'd rather be given 2 from completing security than arcane focus. The dig sites don't discriminate.

Security doesn't always go your way. Sometimes I need one resource to give to posts, and there isn't enough of a particular dig site. Or often, they're already fully upgraded, go to the next, upgraded already. There's too much mindless wandering around.
    any resource should generally be had , by the time we can purchase weapons.. that is the point i guess.. if im missing one, I might be missing one..

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I raised the Arcane focus issue in my Mod 11 mini-guide. I fully agree, it is a very annoying bottleneck. Also, is it possible there is a daily drop limit? After getting like 4 or 5 I did not get any more, depite farming dig sites for most of the day.
    Hoping for improvements...
    I wish I was getting 4 or 5.. most days out of 5 dig sites its zero..

maybe 1.. if lucky.. if there is a cap.. then im never hitting it anyways..

• waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Punishment? Ha! Nobody can make us do anything in Neverwinter guys. Don't forget that. We are the boss.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    I seem to remember the main argument put forward for nerfing the new weapons was that they were going to be too easy to obtain compared to the grind needed for relic weapons. By the sound of the comments on this thread, that particular argument is clearly no longer valid >:)
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Not like getting 40 lanolin & 40 moults was an easy fast task. Here most mats drop like candies + no special marks. So nope new weapons are still easier to get & upgrade. They just need to unbind all the materials so ppl who don't really need new weapons but still do dig sites for the daily could sell focus thingies & lairs materials. That's one of the major flaws in design of the recent modules - so many useless things. Bound runes, blue/epic/legendary sva marks, now focus & skirmish/lairs materials. Even more so for bound to character items.. Common... What the hamster we are supposed to do with all that junk after weapons are restored? Old modules at least allow to craft dungeons keys, donate spare things to sh coffer.
    qexotic said:

I seem to remember the main argument put forward for nerfing the new weapons was that they were going to be too easy to obtain compared to the grind needed for relic weapons. By the sound of the comments on this thread, that particular argument is clearly no longer valid >:)

Well, they are easier - moreover - they are soloable. For the relic weapons you needed to get into a good mSVA group, and for undergeared people or members of "unwanted" classes/builds, that could be a pain. Here, a solo player with an IL of, say 2500 can get everything needed to restore the weapons.

However....

Getting Arcanic Focus is slow - I have only gotten 11 so far, but have enough of most other resources to restore the offhand - should have enough for the mainhand as well within 2 weeks, just through normal play - with the notable exception of the Arcanic Focus - at the current rate that will take me a couple of months.
  • rundosrunrundosrun Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    it is way 2 low...i did 35 sites and didn't get a single focus...this can't be intended
    I dont really want to get into that argument.. to me its simple.. for every day normal play of doing the daily.. you should get enough (1-2 arcane focus and 1 writings) so you can do the weapons after you can buy them.

ATM thats not the case.. so it should be altarted a bit.. not asking for a tremendous adjustment, just some slight tweaks here.

(The real issue with msva weapons imo, is that they gated them with the EE resist .. so you had to have EE resit to 28%, get enough lanolin and moults (in a zone that was annoying to move around in.. ) + get the marks..

it wasnt one particular thing.. that set me off about mod 10.. it was a accumulation of things. all of which seemed really over the top silly to do) At the same time, I had a personal issue or a couple that came up.. which really highlighted how silly the grind was. (to me anywyas) so i skipped them.. I figured cryptic wouldnt put back to back mods of that level again.. as they never did (think tod)

Eventually you can get these weapons.. I would just like to see the small tweaks.. so we dont have to do DOUBLE the dig sites we should have to do them.
    I am actually ok with the 1-in-6 drop rate for Arcane Focus that I am seeing, but the cost is too high - 10 for the offhand and 20 for the mainhand would be fair - and in line with the other resources.

It does look to me that somebody did some calculation errors. Consider that we have a Zen companion that doubles the drop rate of portal stones, as well as actual portal stones for sale in the Zen store, but this makes no business sense - portal stones are not a bottleneck, and it is easy to gather far more of those than you need - I cannot see anyone buying them. Now, if there had been a companion doubling the Arcanic Focus rate and Arcanic focus for sale as well, then yes..it would have made sense in a twisted way - giving us a choice between a horribly boring grind and paying our way past it, but that's not what we are seeing. (And no, I am ABSOLUTELY NOT suggesting that this be done).
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    Was getting 4-5 per day in the beginning now i'm capped to 3, the grind's gonna be long :P
  • aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    I just wanna add to this. Arcane focus seems like another lanolin but with worse drop rate. And at least when farming lanolins I could join HE's now I have to kill mobs myself and I'm support. It's taking a lot of time to clear all the dig sites and imagine my frustration when I clear all 9 and get none >_< Either make a quest or sth that has a standard drop or increase drop rate. I get 3 arcane focus max each day but sometimes it takes me a whole day just to get them, it's pretty bad.
    If you can't convince them confuse them.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    he is right! thumbs up
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    aspa12 said:

I just wanna add to this. Arcane focus seems like another lanolin but with worse drop rate. And at least when farming lanolins I could join HE's now I have to kill mobs myself and I'm support. It's taking a lot of time to clear all the dig sites and imagine my frustration when I clear all 9 and get none >_< Either make a quest or sth that has a standard drop or increase drop rate. I get 3 arcane focus max each day but sometimes it takes me a whole day just to get them, it's pretty bad.

all the other resource: lanonin, turtle moult could at least be sold.
  • aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

all the other resource: lanonin, turtle moult could at least be sold.

That's so true. You could just buy them from ah and get over the grinding process. Arcane is boc not even account. The ones I have on my other toons are useless since they have the relic weapons.

If you can't convince them confuse them.
    @nitocris83

After understanding a bit more.. I have to say writings actually appears to be a bigger issue.. Ive earned maybe 2-3 from dig sites.. on 5 toons , since the start of the campaign.. Its WAY too low of a chance.. if we need 100 of these.. wowzers..

Even turning in the security option every other day or so.. there is no way we will have enough .

There is defiantly something wrong with them.. they are just not dropping in the dig sites at all..

Please help get this fixed, as this is even more critical then the focus really.
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Eh... you are talking about Arcane magical writings right? They aren't bound and like 5k ad on ah. I have 40 of them without any real grinding. They drop from heroics often enough, from treasure maps sometimes. I wish focus was that easy to get/buy.
    they are not dropping from dig sites.. and its listed as such.

If you are say, playing a DC, you cant just solo hes quickly.

If they are not to drop from dig sites, then it should be removed from the tooltip on them.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    You can buy writings off the AH
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80

Even turning in the security option every other day or so.. there is no way we will have enough .

Every other day??? I complete the Security task multiple times every day, and yeah...as other pointed out - they are not too expensive. People who are not going after the weapons will be selling them.

the point of it is..

its listed as dropping from dig sites.. and im just not seeing that.. while I appreciate that you guys want me to buy them.. I prefer to farm my own.

This discussion has been closed.