What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any guys who left the game coming back?

2»

Comments

• drakkon5drakkon5 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    0 Balance, 0 New Stuff for PvP! no Thanks! Maybe Mod 12... :D
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    The game is pay-to-accelerate. You can get everything there is without spending any real money. It just takes patience.
    That is a LOT more benevolent than most free-to-play games out there.

Don't envy Cryptic the few income points they have. No income, no game.

As for outdated gear, that is the nature of the mmorpg beast. They need to add new and better gear all the time to give people something to do and strive for. So if you are away one year or two, expect to do a complete re-gear. NW is not that bad wrt. re-gearing really, it mostly is the armor/weapons/jewelry that needs replacing. Enchantments, mounts, companions etc carry over.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    drakkon5 said:

0 Balance, 0 New Stuff for PvP! no Thanks! Maybe Mod 12... :D

I think you can find better games than NW if you mostly want to PvP. It is pretty obvious that PvP is a low priority afterthought in NW, something extra to do for those that primarily play PvE.
  • bwahaha104bwahaha104 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey .. I played this game back in 2014 . i left when i was level 60, got bored because of those tiresome dailies in that ice map . i installed the game back days ago. anyone suggest me where to start ? cap is now 70 and dont know where to start back. i dont wanna make a new toon since i have a level 60 one..

I cant make make my own thread so im just replying here. any help , thanks..
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Elemental Evil campaign was the bridge between level 60 and level 70. It would be a great place to start!
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Stopped playing about the time the level cap was raised.

Loaded it back up to see what had been added. Seems to be more of the same at first glance although this might mean there's content to level off. From memory there was barely anything in game to do on the way to 70 outside umpteen dungeon runs.

One thing that did jump out at me was that my spider mount was the only one I have access to which is a wee bit annoying as I always liked them bouncing about in the gel cube. Mounts are in the collection page but I can't for the life of me see how to get them mountable.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you have mounts in your inventory, double click them to put them on your mount storage. Then, on your character sheet, go to the mount tab. There are two pages there, on the first there are several drop down menus. The uppermost allows you to switch between mount skins. You can use any skin without it affecting your speed.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

I wouldnt come back for mod 11 , if you left earlier.. its not THAT much better..

they really gated stuff with a realitvy hard way to earn the main currency.

If you wanted to get weapons, boons and open up SP.. you re talkng about like 85 days of dailies..

its a bit to much.. who know when next mod comes out, but I would say this mod is just as frustrating as mod 10.. in terms of length.

the intro quest alone is like 1.5-2 hours per toon.

just to open up the daily.. to get 25 evils a day.. you need 500 just for weapons purchase.. Thats 20 days just for weapons..

no problem you say.. lets do some skirms.. until you quickly relize.. that A.. they seem to bug out really easily and B.. you could do 5-6 and not even get one of these thigns..

to get enough evils to finish teh campaign and stuff.. its along frustrating time.. in addition by the tiem you open up SP, its probably time for a new mod.

Something seems a bit amiss. here..

Other then them miscalculating this, the confusing layout and approach and the bugged instances.. I would say they seem to be going out of thier way.. to make the game, into some ultra boring mess.

I cant be that positive, maybe there is a weekly that returns like 100 evils.. that would help.

That is all likely due to the crying here over the Mod 11 weapons. They replaced Svardborg marks with normal marks, but added a grind to restore the new weapons that equals farming Svardborg marks. Kinda funny.
    lol. the reagents to restore the weapons are very easy to get and very very cheap on ah.
    also u just have to do a 5 min daily a bunch of times to unlock them. doesnt sound as bad to me as 200 msva runs where u lose ad when running.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    tom#6998 said:

lol. the reagents to restore the weapons are very easy to get and very very cheap on ah.
    also u just have to do a 5 min daily a bunch of times to unlock them. doesnt sound as bad to me as 200 msva runs where u lose ad when running.

This is the second post I've seen that suggest the dailies take only a few minutes. How is that possible? Don't you have to do about five HE or dig sites to reach 100% for the dailies? My first daily took me over 1.5 hours to finish. Now I am able to do it under 1 hour. I don't think I can do better because it does take time looking for HEs and running between dig sites and doing the maps before they pile up too much. Am I missing something?

I get the impression that people are zerging the treasure ship HE, but I keep /zone turned off so not really sure. It takes me roughly 30 mins a day. Both my CW and DV are 3.4k with good bondings and the fights aren't bad, except maybe the treasure rooms that spawn all 3 packs at the same time. Usually, I do 2 lairs, upgrade some guard posts and maybe a ritual HE. The maps get done as soon as I get them because they often drop passes, which then become my next goal.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    pitshade said:

I get the impression that people are zerging the treasure ship HE, but I keep /zone turned off so not really sure. It takes me roughly 30 mins a day. Both my CW and DV are 3.4k with good bondings and the fights aren't bad, except maybe the treasure rooms that spawn all 3 packs at the same time. Usually, I do 2 lairs, upgrade some guard posts and maybe a ritual HE. The maps get done as soon as I get them because they often drop passes, which then become my next goal.

Sometimes it's also nice to have maps when starting a fresh day in hopes of getting site passes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    It's not uncommon for me to forget to do a map before finishing the daily. In that case I save it till the next day. The lairs and caches and maps are fun for me, as far as dailies go - but not so much that I keep doing them after the umbrella quest is complete for the day.
    Also, DV should have been DC.
    At least until they make Dread Vault into a playable class.

I think it would have balancing issues though.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    playable class? you mean playable zone?
    It's a joke.

Neverwinter Census 2017