test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Cloaked Ascendancy Issues

Comments

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

In ~1 hour I'll be sending out the "first week" report on M11 to the team. I'm dividing it between Issues/Bugs and Feedback so if you have anything you want escalated before the weekend, speak now or forever until monday hold your peace (I encourage players to post throughout the weekend but I won't report anything new until Monday).

It's been mentioned by @tripsofthrymr but the Evidence of Evil awarded by the weekly mission is really low (20) compared to even the daily (25). Intended? Or did they miss a 0 there...
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    45 arcanic focus for main hand to restore???? are u kidding me? do something for this...i play 8 hours dig sites and i take only 7 arcanic focus...no more grind pls...

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    dupeks said:

In ~1 hour I'll be sending out the "first week" report on M11 to the team. I'm dividing it between Issues/Bugs and Feedback so if you have anything you want escalated before the weekend, speak now or forever until monday hold your peace (I encourage players to post throughout the weekend but I won't report anything new until Monday).

It's been mentioned by tripsofthrymr but the Evidence of Evil awarded by the weekly mission is really low (20) compared to even the daily (25). Intended? Or did they miss a 0 there...
    This is how players felt about the currency from SKT weeklies as well... that they broke the previous model where the weekly mission can serve as a catch-up quest for more casual players, and a get-ahead quest for those who are grinding daily. I'd register that as feedback even if not a bug.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

dupeks said:

It's been mentioned by tripsofthrymr but the Evidence of Evil awarded by the weekly mission is really low (20) compared to even the daily (25). Intended? Or did they miss a 0 there...
    This is how players felt about the currency from SKT weeklies as well... that they broke the previous model where the weekly mission can serve as a catch-up quest for more casual players, and a get-ahead quest for those who are grinding daily. I'd register that as feedback even if not a bug.
    Yeah, I'm putting it in "bugs" but highlighting it as "this is special and may just be feedback but please look at this NAO"
  • valnoledvalnoled Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Ok, here we go. Probably not all of problems listed below are of Module 11 - I made a break from the game... but, nevertheless

1. Wizard can't teleport through creatures. It probably made sense with giants, but with a crowd of trolls, deers, gorgons, bulletes, archons and one-eyed monsters surrounding you - it doesn't. I've checked several times - every other attempt looks like you're meeting an obstacle and staying in the place with stamina being reduced. Or jumping not the full possible distance. That's literally a death sentence.
    2. New craft components made my craft bag overfull. Please make it bigger or make all resources store in ONE stack only.
    3. Companion dies... A LOT. It does not make sence at all when your orange companion lies dead from ONE hit of a SIMPLE mob wandering the street
    4. Control of petrification. Not sure if it is WAI, but Elven Battle Ecnhantment is not reducing its time. Or I presume without it I would stay petrificated for several minutes?
    Post edited by valnoled on
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    The Skirmish Illusionists Gambit doesn't give daily AD. And while they are at it. Give daily AD to Epic Trials (let it count towards 2 from the dungeon).

Also:
    Unstoppable Bug is present in this game build as well.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    There's a hole in my Aberrant Drake's neck.

(The orange you can see is from the shingles in the background.)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • flensburger99flensburger99 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Bug Tome of Ascendance (mythic):
    Fireforged (tooltip): All nearby enemies get chained and pulled towards you. Every enemy chained increases your Damage and Defense by 1.5%

Actual result:

383,6 damage unbuffed non crit.
    556,2 damage with fireforged 3xchain buff non crit.
    It's about 44,9% damage increase, instead of the 1.5% *3 for 3 Targets.

Crit hits have other buff received.
    671,3 damage unbuffed crit hit.
    843,9 damage with fireforged 3xchain buff crit hit.
    Which is about 25,7% damage increase

EDIT:
    It only buffs the base damage of the hit, but not the crit hit itself.
    Post edited by flensburger99 on
    the marked dig site have bug...tells me it has cooldown 1hour but i never play that dig site for 2 days...

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Tome of Ascendance (Fireforged)

Instead of granting 1.5% increased damage per roped target, it grants 15% increased damage per roped target.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Please, please, please fix the inconsistent box stacking:

As you can see, Ornately Carved boxes stack to 5, but the Decorative Metal Box does not stack at all. You may wonder why I do not simply open up those boxes and select the resource I need, but the answer is that I am still quite a bit away from having the weapons on Live, so I do not know now what I will really be short of at that time.

And meanwhile the Decorative metal boxes just keep filling my inventory. Help!
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited February 2017
    Is the drop rate of Arcanic Focus correct?

Combing the data from several people, we come up with a drop chance of 25%. As you need 40 to restore an offhand, that means on the average 160 dig sites, just for the offhand - and then there is the mainhand as well.

Compared to the effort required to get all the other stuff, it seems odd that the Arcanic Focus might become the bottleneck for everybody...maybe the drop rate is a bit too low...or the cost a bit too high.
    Post edited by adinosii on
  • gormenghast1gormenghast1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2017

the marked dig site have bug...tells me it has cooldown 1hour but i never play that dig site for 2 days...

I'm experiencing the same issue, but not on the same dig site. First it started with dig site Tamper, resulting in being locked for "1 hour cooldown" since more than 24 hours ago; now the bug it's affecting also dig site Slade, resulting in it being locked already for 4 hours by now.

Considering the already painful grind for Arcanic Focuses, having more and more sites locked out progressively because of this bug doesn't bode well for restoring the new set.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

'Mercantile Missions' doesn't finish when you reach 100%. It just says 'Complete Ostaram's Mercantile Mission' but there is no quest, neither a quest path. Maybe I just failed to see it..

i have the same problem i cant progress campaign at all ,tried kicking and doing it again few times and still have the same problem
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User

I'm experiencing the same issue, but not on the same dig site. First it started with dig site Tamper, resulting in being locked for "1 hour cooldown" since more than 24 hours ago; now the bug it's affecting also dig site Slade, resulting in it being locked already for 4 hours by now.

Considering the already painful grind for Arcanic Focuses, having more and more sites locked out progressively because of this bug doesn't bode well for restoring the new set.
    Same here, one of the dig sites are still in CD for almost 2 days.

ANOTHER bug/lag/whatever: the synchronization of the fire archon explosion is VERY inconsistent. 9 out of 10 i receive repel JUST after i kill an archon, and not after he actually do an explosion action 1-2 seconds AFTER his death. And with awkward HR dodges this pretty much suck hard. All other dodges are effective just after you start your dodge, HR's dodges are effective AFTER dodge ends, so time it with all this lag (or bad synchro) is very difficult, especially when red areas appear too late to dodge (for HRs with that weird dodge behavior).
    edited February 2017
    adinosii said:

Is the drop rate of Arcanic Focus correct?

Combing the data from several people, we come up with a drop chance of 25%. As you need 40 to restore an offhand, that means on the average 160 dig sites, just for the offhand - and then there is the mainhand as well.

Compared to the effort required to get all the other stuff, it seems odd that the Arcanic Focus might become the bottleneck for everybody...maybe the drop rate is a bit too low...or the cost a bit too high.

No mate.
    the drop rate from arcanic focus is miserably low(lol)...i play at least 100++ dig sites and i take only 12 arcanic focus..................and i getting tired from now and we are in the beginning :P

For restore now; offhand need 10 arcanic focus and main hand need 45.
    Its rly big problem...i say it in previous post in this topic!

• jeaniepo73jeaniepo73 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I just want to know WHY SO MANY MOBS.. get ganked from 1 set of mobs to run back a bit and get ganked by another 7-8 mobs.. like really.. I'ts a bit much constantly fighting, every corner every street not everyone is OP in game to be able to kill 7-14 mobs at a time after getting knocked off a mount.. TBH im about done with the game.

Offhand needs only 10 on Live now?

Are you sure? If that is indeed the case, it is great news, because on Preview it needs 40:

10 is very reasonable ... 15-20 for mainhand would be OK too, but 45 for mainhand is excessive.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Quest markers don't spawn unless you are very, very close to the quest giver to talk to.
    Might be responsible for many players not picking up some intro quests.

This affects all zones, not only the new river district.
    Post edited by nameexpired on
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited February 2017
    adinosii said:

Offhand needs only 10 on Live now?

Are you sure? If that is indeed the case, it is great news, because on Preview it needs 40:

10 is very reasonable ... 15-20 for mainhand would be OK too, but 45 for mainhand is excessive.
    hmmmmmmm i dont know rly -.-

youtube.com/watch?v=uea-hbelBAw
    i look this video...and he say is 45 for main hand....but is preview...
    maybe fey weapons needs more...and i need fey :P rly rly big problem.
    if not change that i stay for one more module with my burning weapon or i stop the game again :D
    Post edited by panteleelee on

loboguild said:
    i have the same problem :P i dont have weekly quest...only the same daily quest

• warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User

warpet said:

hastati96 said:

'Mercantile Missions' doesn't finish when you reach 100%. It just says 'Complete' but there is no quest, neither a quest path. Maybe I just failed to see it..

i have the same problem i cant progress campaign at all ,tried kicking and doing it again few times and still have the same problem
    This has been explained. You have to do the 100% doing a combo of the listed tasks, you also have to do one of the other quests he offers. That completes the Mercantile quest.
    but i finished those questes , so now i have nothing else to take but Mercantile Missions and i cant finish it
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    The campaign task "Investigate Nostura" ate my Elements of Evil but did not get marked completed. Therefore, I can't finish the quest "Defeating Nostura", nor unlock the portal stones or restoration material. I'm now a few days more behind in order to advance the campaign at all.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Old Bugs still in the game:
    • UI Borders show everytime an mouse cursor icon that you can change the size of of the menu, even if they are fixed.
    • Heroic Trial: Demogorgon doesn't show the chains in the UI if skills are locked via madness.
    Mod 11 Bugs:
    • Big Heroic Encounters (especially the ones against Nostura, Kabal, etc) get very often stuck. At some point no monster spawn which lead to an automatic fail state of these Heroic Encounters.
    • Sometimes the NPC won't let the character enter an excavation side if all requirements are met.
    • The special crypt and sewer maps that gurantee special/more loot in the excavation dungeons doesn't grant anymore more loot and aren't used.
    • the traveling merchant will not show up on the map while spawned
    • the traveling merchant is not accessible even if all requirments are met (he says i need to do a campaign task i already did and also the campaign task says it is the only requirement to unlock the traveling merchant)
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • ultrasteem#5485 ultrasteem Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    a very unusual bug popped up for me today. my active companion (fire archon) some how duplicated itself so i had 2 active at the same time. it persisted through dismissal, deactivation, and changing actice companions, plus it gave me the usual companions gift from my normal archon. i have no idea how it happened in the first place and i couldn't replicate it but i do have evidence of the bugged archon in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-hwHi6FBt0&t=484s
    Post edited by ultrasteem#5485 on