test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming Devoted Cleric Changes

Comments

• laurentiolaurentio Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    was goying to post a list of buggs myself but after seeing the realy impresive nr of replies from ppl who actualy play or played the class i see no need for it anymore, many actual DC's droping constructive feedback in here.
    Saw someone saying in here that AA build AC/DC has for many of us the quickfix used to overcome the many class buggs and obsolete skills & feats, can only agree on that ! time to take the plaster off and go into surgery ! is long due.

There is only one thing i'd like to still point out, and that is that like it happend to the HR (by lowering the distance covered by dodge) the existing ''trapper'' build that was working got rendered unusabile for most as those not able to take them hits can no longer get out of danger areas fast enough.
    The AA nerf is as pointed out by soo many necesary but must keep in mind that unlike other clases the DC wil impact how other classes and builds perform as man rely on the DC beying able to fullfill the role of suport and shield/heal them in most endgame content.

That beying said not beying able to render party members imune to damage anymore trough AA will affect the combat mechanic in most situations, party members will nead to dodge heavy incomming damage in order to survive, will nead to dodge/dash/sprint there wey out of a danger area meaning the DC will nead the ability to heal/buff it's party members even while scattered all over the place...
    to that end the DC class will nead to either have the afected area of some heals greatly increased, some feat that could share heals to party members like the Devotion OP class does with binding..... or something like i saw work in other MMO's DC classes powers arsenal, and that is the ability to pool HP values of party members, a ''ballance life'' ability or in our case, encounter power that will pool HP values of party members regardless of positioning, stabilizing HP bar % at the arithmetic average of those affected, take from those at full hp to give to those that are not, getting every party member at same HP %.
  • nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    The tank class community has shrunk as a direct effect of the AA spamming cleric. There's zero need to run tanks if all your DPS is protected by balls. You can steamroll through content like this. It also means the DPS doesn't need any mitigation in their build because they are immune while AA is up. I hole heartedly believe you will see a rise in tank classes after these changes because content will require tanks to actually mitigate damage and control threat. The tanks haven't left the game, they are just playing on their DPS alts lol. Also, I'm not sure if you're implying that content requires 3 DPS in a party or the population dictates it. (More DPS than tanks in the game) If you look at the ideal set up 2 DPS, 1 Tank, 1 Support, 1 Healer you will notice that amongst these rolls you have secondary rolls for most classes that include buffs, debuffs, control, and reduction to incoming damage. Most classes (not you GWF...sit down) can play more than 1 roll in a party. Buff/tank OP, buff/debuff DC, DPS/buff CW, DPS/Tank GF, Control/buff CW, Tank/Heal OP and so on.. As long as you build your ideal group that includes Damage/Buff/Debuff/Control/Tank/Heals you can run any set up if have those covered in your party. If the balance gets thrown off then something has to shift. If that means the DC switches out Chains for Astral Shield and the GF has to put on Knights Valor instead of Commanding Strike or Into the Frey then adjust. Sometimes there's too much mitigation and you can drop Circle of Power for Bane.

I agree with most that powers like AA and Perma Bubble need to go. However there has to be a return to the fundamentals of group balance and party rolls in order to be successful in dungeons.

In short, there's plenty of mitigation in this game if people were only willing to equip it. I like these DC changes and would like to see a boost for the DO side as the die hards absolutely deserve it.

Make Terrifying Insight a group buff

Increase Foresight damage resist by 10-15%

Fix whatever is wrong with PoD.

*how do I make those last 3 items blue? Lol
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    nickjdowe said:

As much as I want Terrifying Insight to be a group buff, I would like to be greedy and keep some part of it to myself. For example, double the effect, and give half to allies.

The biggest issue with foresight (beyond it being uselessly small) is that DR has a cap, so tanks (the people it should be best for) can't benefit from it much.

I think he claimed to have actually fixed PoD! YAY!
    nickjdowe said:

Lets see if I can show you without it activating:
    <font color="cyan">This text will by cyan (the color we are using)</font>

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    nickjdowe said:

The tank class community has shrunk as a direct effect of the AA spamming cleric. There's zero need to run tanks if all your DPS is protected by balls. You can steamroll through content like this. It also means the DPS doesn't need any mitigation in their build because they are immune while AA is up. I hole heartedly believe you will see a rise in tank classes after these changes because content will require tanks to actually mitigate damage and control threat. The tanks haven't left the game, they are just playing on their DPS alts lol. Also, I'm not sure if you're implying that content requires 3 DPS in a party or the population dictates it. (More DPS than tanks in the game) If you look at the ideal set up 2 DPS, 1 Tank, 1 Support, 1 Healer you will notice that amongst these rolls you have secondary rolls for most classes that include buffs, debuffs, control, and reduction to incoming damage. Most classes (not you GWF...sit down) can play more than 1 roll in a party. Buff/tank OP, buff/debuff DC, DPS/buff CW, DPS/Tank GF, Control/buff CW, Tank/Heal OP and so on.. As long as you build your ideal group that includes Damage/Buff/Debuff/Control/Tank/Heals you can run any set up if have those covered in your party. If the balance gets thrown off then something has to shift. If that means the DC switches out Chains for Astral Shield and the GF has to put on Knights Valor instead of Commanding Strike or Into the Frey then adjust. Sometimes there's too much mitigation and you can drop Circle of Power for Bane.

I agree with most that powers like AA and Perma Bubble need to go. However there has to be a return to the fundamentals of group balance and party rolls in order to be successful in dungeons.

In short, there's plenty of mitigation in this game if people were only willing to equip it. I like these DC changes and would like to see a boost for the DO side as the die hards absolutely deserve it.

Virtually every party still takes a tank now because their buffs are good and it makes aggro management easy.

I never said anything about the AA changes because honestly they won't have much of an effect outside of not letting people be as lazy in MSVA and FBI. A party with a good tank was already not getting hit by anything to the degree that they need the mitigation from AA. While there might have been some parties reliant on AA at lower ilvls the parties that were completing FBI/MSVA in a reasonable amount of time were basically only using it to bypass Call of Winter to save time. AA has by far been used for power transfer more than anything else.

I wasn't saying that it dictates 3 DPS. I'm saying that balance needs to be done such that there isn't enough incentive for LFG to always want two tanks or such. We already had that problem with AA where people were spamming lf1m ACDC.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    We need something done for FF, or is it fine? I find the slow useless so it's more of a flat out single target attack than anything remotely useful other than the empowered effect.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    ghoulz66 said:

We need something done for FF, or is it fine? I find the slow useless so it's more of a flat out single target attack than anything remotely useful other than the empowered effect.

FF used to have a heal, which was removed in the 2014 rework. Now... that raises the question of whether anyone would care if one were added back, or if it would just be lolheals. Or would it synergize decently with enough feats and boons to add versatility and choice back to encounter selection.

Or are powers acceptable when they're in a state that's good enough for a coordinated group with multiples of classes to arrange to alternate them? Like 2 DCs using empowered BtS and FF, which is already a thing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

In addition to the changes above, I've spent a chunk of this week going over feedback in this thread and addressing it with the time I had available. Based on this feedback, I prioritized bug-fixing and addressing the relative states of Anointed Champion and Divine Oracle.

These changes are being added to the those listed in the original post:

• Anointed Army
      • The power transferred from the Cleric to party members has been reduced from 50% to 33%. This is due to there still being too much group contribution from a single power that is exclusive to one paragon path. This reduction will be partially offset by their ability to use it in conjunction with Hallowed Ground more easily, now that AP can be generated while it is active.
      • This power no longer grants CC immunity after all blessings have expired.
    • Terrifying Insight
      • This power no longer decreases the damage resistance of the Cleric's target. Instead, it now increases the damage dealt by all party members by 8%, with an additional 4% per rank, for a maximum of 20%.
    • Prophetic Action
      • This power now shields the Cleric against one attack for up to 100% of their maximum hit points, and additionally shields all party members against one attack for up to 25% of their maximum hit points, every 30/27/24/21 seconds.
    • Prophecy of Doom
      • Fixed this power to instantly recharge if the target is killed during its duration.
      • Fixed this power to correctly grant AP.
      • Fixed this power to correctly increase in duration per empowered charge consumed.
    • Warding Flare
      • This power now affects up to 5 nearby targets, rather than one target chosen at random (divinity version is still a direct single-target).
      • This power now shields the target for 10% of the target's maximum hit points, rather than a percentage of weapon damage.
      • The tick rate of this power has been reduced to every second, down from every 1.5 seconds.
      • The empowered version of this power also heals targets in addition to shielding them. The healing amount increases with each charge consumed.
      • The empowered version of this power no longer increases in duration per charge consumed.
    • Geas
    • Divine Glow
      • Fixed this power to correctly increase in duration per empowered charge consumed.
      • Fixed this power to correctly proc weapon enchantments, racial abilities, and certain set bonuses. This fix should apply to several other powers in the game, specifically those that could target enemies but also had healing components.
    • Hastening Light: Artifact Feature
      • Fixed a bug where this power was never triggering. However, it has also been looked into and adjusted to grant 5% AP to allies over 15 seconds, rather than 10% AP instantly. This effect does not affect the Cleric triggering the power.
    • Living Flame
      • This power has been changed to grant a 5/10/15/20/25% buff to damage dealt for 8 seconds when taken below 30% hit points, rather than only granting the buff while the Cleric is below 30% hit points.
    • Piercing Light
      • Fixed this power to rank up correctly with ranks in Piercing Light.
    • Condemning Gaze
      • Fixed a bug where this power could debuff more than 15% damage resistance to targets in certain cases.
      • Corrected tooltip to communicate that this is an area effect.
    • Searing Light
      • This power no longer grants AP in Divine mode, as it is not intended for any encounter powers to generate AP in this mode.
    • Chains of Blazing Light
      • This power no longer grants AP in Divine mode.
      • Corrected tooltip to communicate that this power increases damage by 15% per charge consumed, not 10%.
    • Gift of Haste
      • Fixed a bug where this power could stack in some situations.
    • Anointed Action
      • Fixed this power to proc correctly for Divine Armor, Anointed Army, and Guardian of Faith.
    • Repurpose Soul
      • Fixed this power to grant the correct 5/10/15% healing amount as described in the tooltip, up from 3/6/9%.
      • Fixed an issue where this power was not triggering from certain other powers.
    • Ancient Warding
      • Fixed this power to proc correctly after Anointed Army expires.

Finally, I am aware that there is more that needs to be done to put the Devoted Cleric where we want them. I agree that Geas needs a rework, and that certain feats in the paragon trees need to be looked at. While I won't be able to address everything for this set of changes since I must move on to other tasks for awhile, I will be following the state of the class and hope to get another opportunity to address some more of these issues in the future. Thank you all for your feedback thus far, and keep it coming as I will still be following this thread as much as I am able.
    Thanks, a lot of these are very welcome! They are going to MAJORLY shake up end-game DC builds (I'm assuming that's intended).

One other hot take: this is going to kill the virt path altogether, at least until you get a chance to take a look at those pesky paragon feats :P
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User

In addition to the changes above, I've spent a chunk of this week going over feedback in this thread and addressing it with the time I had available. Based on this feedback, I prioritized bug-fixing and addressing the relative states of Anointed Champion and Divine Oracle.

Prayer has been answered!

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

These changes are being added to the those listed in the original post:

• Anointed Army
      • The power transferred from the Cleric to party members has been reduced from 50% to 33%. This is due to there still being too much group contribution from a single power that is exclusive to one paragon path. This reduction will be partially offset by their ability to use it in conjunction with Hallowed Ground more easily, now that AP can be generated while it is active.
    • Terrifying Insight
      • This power no longer decreases the damage resistance of the Cleric's target. Instead, it now increases the damage dealt by all party members by 8%, with an additional 4% per rank, for a maximum of 20%.
    • Prophetic Action
      • This power now shields the Cleric against one attack for up to 100% of their maximum hit points, and additionally shields all party members against one attack for up to 25% of their maximum hit points, every 30/27/24/21 seconds.
    • Prophecy of Doom
      • Fixed this power to instantly recharge if the target is killed during its duration.
    • Warding Flare
      • This power now affects up to 5 nearby targets, rather than one target chosen at random (divinity version is still a direct single-target).
      • This power now shields the target for 10% of the target's maximum hit points, rather than a percentage of weapon damage.
      • The tick rate of this power has been reduced to every second, down from every 1.5 seconds.
      • The empowered version of this power also heals targets in addition to shielding them. The healing amount increases with each charge consumed.
      • The empowered version of this power no longer increases in duration per charge consumed.
    • Geas
    • Divine Glow
      • Fixed this power to correctly proc weapon enchantments, racial abilities, and certain set bonuses. This fix should apply to several other powers in the game, specifically those that could target enemies but also had healing components.
    • Hastening Light: Artifact Feature
      • Fixed a bug where this power was never triggering. However, it has also been looked into and adjusted to grant 5% AP to allies over 15 seconds, rather than 10% AP instantly. This effect does not affect the Cleric triggering the power.
    • Living Flame
      • This power has been changed to grant a 5/10/15/20/25% buff to damage dealt for 8 seconds when taken below 30% hit points, rather than only granting the buff while the Cleric is below 30% hit points.
    • Piercing Light
      • Fixed this power to rank up correctly with ranks in Piercing Light.
    • Condemning Gaze
      • Fixed a bug where this power could debuff more than 15% damage resistance to targets in certain cases.
      • Corrected tooltip to communicate that this is an area effect.
    • Searing Light
      • This power no longer grants AP in Divine mode, as it is not intended for any encounter powers to generate AP in this mode.
    • Chains of Blazing Light
      • This power no longer grants AP in Divine mode.
      • Corrected tooltip to communicate that this power increases damage by 15% per charge consumed, not 10%.
    • Gift of Haste
      • Fixed a bug where this power could stack in some situations.
    • Anointed Action
      • Fixed this power to proc correctly for Divine Armor, Anointed Army, and Guardian of Faith.
    • Repurpose Soul
      • Fixed this power to grant the correct 5/10/15% healing amount as described in the tooltip, up from 3/6/9%.
      • Fixed an issue where this power was not triggering from certain other powers.
    • Ancient Warding
      • Fixed this power to proc correctly after Anointed Army expires.

Finally, I am aware that there is more that needs to be done to put the Devoted Cleric where we want them. I agree that Geas needs a rework, and that certain feats in the paragon trees need to be looked at. While I won't be able to address everything for this set of changes since I must move on to other tasks for awhile, I will be following the state of the class and hope to get another opportunity to address some more of these issues in the future. Thank you all for your feedback thus far, and keep it coming as I will still be following this thread as much as I am able.
    Cleric Community approves (+500)

I'm really feeling it the Terrifying Insight changes.

@dreadnaught#5263, I'm curious...

With Prophecy of Doom now less awful to use, is Prophecy still a capped debuff, or did you guys swap it to uncapped?

I'm cool with either, really, although if PoD being uncapped, AA will start looking somewhat less attractive...

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    @dreadnaught#5263 , ty for the response but there are still some minor issue here.

1. Prophetic Action although have a nice effect after buff, the cooldown is still abit meh since there are so many small little hits in game, i think a 10-15 sec cooldown is appropriate at rank 4.
    2. Hastening Light artifact feature went from rank A choice to E after the nerf, 1% AP every 3 sec is really low, even at will generates more AP than it. I think 5% instant AP is good if 10% is too high.
    3. Heroic feats: Yeah i guess you already know those epic beta feats even at level 70 with bis items and max stats we will only get 1% stats with 5 points in them, please buff or remove them.
    4. Piercing light as a tier 4 paragon feats only gives 1k stat points with 5 points in it. Comparing with all other feats among all classes, please at least give 20-30% arp (2k-3k stat points) or even replace it with piercing damage to support its T4 feat position.
    5. I had mentioned a few times regarding daunting light. Its aoe is too small now since all mobs size are getting bigger and bigger now and its slow casting animation causes its empowered effect being consumed by the next encounter if casted just after daunting light. I think the animation should be improved by at least 0.75 to 1 sec for it so that we dont have to wait awhile for it to hit before casting the next encounter (more user friendly).

Other than that, im an AC and i think the nerf to AA is acceptable, is the power buff gone after 4 charges are consumed? I think the current version is good enough or else with all those dots flying here and there AA will become the useless daily like few mods ago. Ty for your attention.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    rjc9000 said:

I'm cool with either, really, although if PoD being uncapped, AA will start looking somewhat less attractive...

DO is more competitive now to buff/debuff.
    For sure AC has been heavily nerfed with this change: the more power you have, the more this is true...under the assumption that all the party members are in the range.
    Furthermore the mitigation component of AA is too low to protect you from big shots: from one extreme point (100% immunity) to the low end (20% max HPs).
    We will see what happens when it goes live.

Divinity mode powers don't provide APs anymore: this is another important change.
    Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • dravendrow76dravendrow76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    rapo973 said:

Yeah just sit back and smile (cry???), if there are less support dc out there^^. DC don´t look for DC to party.
    R.I.P MSVA for the majority.
    Every community has the result it deserves. +30%dmg LOL.
    To compensate, how about nerfing major DMGspells from all DDs, and give them +30% healing instead^^
  • kainan777kainan777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    AA is still powerful so DO is not an option for BiS groups even with new Terrifying Insight. I agree with suggestions above that Prophecy of Doom should have an uncapped debuff. As for the Hammer of Fate... well it's much worse than AA. Adding party buff and/or uncapped debuff and/or damage reduction option(s) to the HoF might make this paragon path a comparable choice for many ppl.

@dreadnaught#5263 anyway thx for the great changes.
    @dreadnaught#5263 I gladly await to see how these changes play out. Amazing job.

I will continue awaiting feat rework ;)

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Why do people assume all DC's will suddenly go full DPS? Look at where DC's score in group runs, add 30% to their score and see where that takes them - in most cases, still bottom...

Generally people that seriously invest in a DC do so because they like playing a support role. That won't change, it just means they'll be able to do their dailies faster. In all probability this will translate into more DCs being available as people will be less likely to ditch them.

On a different note, I like the new 'interactive feedback/communication' from the dev team. It's what the players have wanted for a very long time so kudos for this new approach.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    armadeonx said:

I like the new 'interactive feedback/communication' from the dev team. It's what the players have wanted for a very long time so kudos for this new approach.

Yes this is great. Even if these changes end up being super unbalanced and needing more work, as long as the devs continue to observe, listen, and act accordingly, it is a huge step forward.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    After pinching myself to make sure I am really awake, I cannot escape the conclusion that we have a developer that (a) listens to players and (b) is able to fix long-standing issues in a timely manner. Moreover, we really appreciate the communication.

Praise Oghma!

(No, I'm not saying the other developers don't do their jobs, but we have been waiting for those bugfixes for such a long time...thank you @dreadnaught#5263

Some specific comments

• Terrifying Insight
    This change pretty much means that every DO will be using Terrifying insight pretty much all the time - previously it was a "solo-mode" class feature, but switched out when in a group. This change alone really goes a long way towards making DOs competitive with ACs. Thank you.

• Prophetic Action
    The thing is - I'm not sure that even with those changes this is worth using, but it could be made really useful with one change - make it only shield against "big" attacks. Basically, don't let it trigger, unless the attack is, say above a certain percentage of the HPs....if this gets used up in shielding against insignificant attacks, few people will bother with it.

• Prophecy of Doom
    Sounds good. I really look forward to testing this.

I'm not commenting on Warding Flare or Geas, as I have not even bothered to put any points into them, and I don't see that changing.

• Divine Glow
    Nothing to say here except 'Thank you'.

There are two things missing from this list, however.

Hammer of Fate

This power needs a redesign. Currently it is basically a PvP-power only. This is the special daily of DO DCs, and it is essentially useless in group content. AC DCs will be able to alternate between HG and AA, while DO DCs would be able to alternate between HG and .... uh... some inferior choice.

Still, with those changes, a DO DC is no longer embarrasingly useless, compared to an AC DC.

Faithful and Virtuous

The other issue is that Righteous DCs have been doing OK in solo content. They are not hard to level and they can do all dailies and other solo content without issues...maybe not quite as quickly as some of the other classes, but well enough. Yes, speaking as a Righteous DC, we do appreciate the 30% buff to some of our powers, but we were not really screaming for that.

The people doing the screaming were those playing Faithful and Virtuous DCs - in particular while leveling up as such. That is a slow and painful process. It might be worthwhile to adjust some of the Faithful and Virtous feats to improve the DPS of such builds - they should not equal the Righeous, of course, but they might be a bit too far behind them.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I had written a really long post, with comments on every single change.... but when I went back to fix one typo, the entire post disappeared...not the first time that happens recently.

Anyhow...here is a summary.

Thank you @dreadnaught#5263

I think I can say I'm speaking on behalf of most DCs when I say we really appreciate the fixes to many of our long-standing bugs.

The highlight for me is the change to Terrifying Insight - by making it affect the group, it now goes a long way towards making the DO a feasible choice in group content. At least it is no longer embarrasingly useless, compared to AC.

Prophetic Action is better than it was, but still not good enough to use. What it needs is one change - make it essentially "ignore" trivial attacks (say, under 5% of your HP)

Hammer of Faith is the big omission - it really needs a rework to make DOs fully competitive with ACs, as far as desirability for group content is concerned. An AC DC can alternate between HG and AA, but a DO will not use HoF, as it is essentially useless except in PvP. Instead the DO DC will be stuck with HG and some second, inferior choice, which is also available to ACs.

There is another issue that needs to be considered. Speaking as a Righteous DO, I don't really need the 30% damage boost to some of my powers. It's welcome, sure, but I have never had any problems with any solo content - not while leveling up, and certainly not now. The people having problems are particularly those leveling up a Righeous or Virtuous DC. Now, they should not match the DPS of a Righeous build, bit they are maybe a bit too far behind. The 30% boost will really help them, but it might have been worthwhile to adjust a few feats in the Virtuous and Faithful tree to halp as well.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    @dreadnaught#5263

I could hug you. Thank you!
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• entspringen#2024 entspringen Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I'm really liking the changes. finally, DC is becoming a REAL support class, which doesen't mean "sit back and heal my HAMSTER, you slave" For me, supporting means healing and buffing and contributing a bit more to the overall DPS of the party. I'm fine with not being a DPS class and ending up at the bottom, that's what I signed up when I chose being a cleric, but one thing is being at the bottom and the other is being miles away from the worst DPSer of the group, makes you feel rather weak to be honest, It makes you wonder if your contribution really meant something other than stroking the e-peens of the top paingivers with your buffs

There will be a variety of clerics (FINALLY) and perhaps, PERHAPS there will be a place for devotion paladins after all, since they are healing and protecting beasts, which DC as a class lacks very much after losing the huge DR from DA and immunity of AA. I think that will bring more variety to raids... who knows.

And dailies will finally be feasible within a reasonable time for DCs who preffer to solo them :)
  • erosennin92erosennin92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    They seem right changes to provide the DO path new attractiveness while nerfing one of the power sharing skills to reduce AC's one. Hypothetically a try for a balance between them. It's true that up to now it's only theory, we will all need a plain on-field testing to verify if that is true and what the new meta (or, I hope, metas) will be.

What, however, worries me a little bit is the narrowing of the real support role a DC can provide.
    The current meta has moved to Damage-wise support while in theory we can provide also Damage Mitigation, Healing and so on that however are less needed in parties nowadays. This is being translated in putting all the effort of Devs changes to balance those type of skills and feats while ignoring (or doing very little) to the others.
    As @dupeks said Virtuous path has now recieved another important hit, being already nearly dead, a path that could really contribute to more defensive oriented builds if rebalanced. I strongly hope for it.

Azeroth Godwill - (Half)Drow - Virtuous AC DC - iLvL 4k

• laurentiolaurentio Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    can't weit to see this stuff implemented, most changes i find for the better, the encounters not giving AP in divine makes me wander littlebit, but one thing is sure, with soo many powers and abilities reworked and/or just working again (even if there are few more that nead to be adressed) we will have a greater variety of builds to better suit individual playstile and fill the role intended for the Class. To me this all sounds like alot more fun playing the class !

Ty verry mutch dreadnaught%235263 on behaf of us all for your good work and just as impressive, for keeping us posted. \o/
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @dreadnaught#5263 when you get the chance to keep making changes to the DC please consider what @rjc9000 has suggested about making profecy of doom an uncapped debuff, that would definitely make DO more competitive with AC and would also help it to bring more to the table in group content. Please also keep in mind, like quite a few people have pointed out, DO does need a 2nd daily to assist the party with (to increasing damage output of team mates by a reasonable amount/place a decent uncapped debuff on enemies), it was bad already to be stuck with HG and now that is has an internal cooldown AC will still have the upper hand (not by thaaaaaaaaat much anymore I guess) by mindlessly spamming AA, AA, AA, HG, rinse and repeat while the DO will have... HoF.

A way to put AA to a reasonable level (because it will still be hilariously overpowered) would be to make it so either the cleric isn't able to share part of the power he gets from his bonding companion or, better, to give it the same (and good fix) into the fray got, why not making it so it increases damage by a flat percentage? Low level clerics (like those guildess fresh 70's) would have an easier time getting to know people to run and grow with as their buffing capacity wouldn't be that bad compared to 4k+ ones, the latter could still use it more often so= more buffing. If that doesn't sound reasonable then an internal cooldown would work, 45 secs like HG. It would actually be interesting to see how the game would be like if all classes's a daylies would have an internal cooldown, that would force teamwork more, I think.

I think you have taken steeps into the right direction regarding the balance between those paragons, hopefully you'll continue to do that when you get the chance to so we finally see a wide variety of builds rather than everyone and their dog rocking the AA spaming build non stop using chains of blazing light.
  • entspringen#2024 entspringen Member Posts: 11 Arc User

They seem right changes to provide the DO path new attractiveness while nerfing one of the power sharing skills to reduce AC's one. Hypothetically a try for a balance between them. It's true that up to now it's only theory, we will all need a plain on-field testing to verify if that is true and what the new meta (or, I hope, metas) will be.

What, however, worries me a little bit is the narrowing of the real support role a DC can provide.
    The current meta has moved to Damage-wise support while in theory we can provide also Damage Mitigation, Healing and so on that however are less needed in parties nowadays. This is being translated in putting all the effort of Devs changes to balance those type of skills and feats while ignoring (or doing very little) to the others.
    As @dupeks said Virtuous path has now recieved another important hit, being already nearly dead, a path that could really contribute to more defensive oriented builds if rebalanced. I strongly hope for it.

Astral Shield is still a very valid damage mitigation ability (empowered or not), Bastion still gets everyone within radius to 100% HP in a single empowered cast, Warding Flare seems to be pretty decent (although capped to 5 targets) and has a huge area.
    That, coupled with virtuous feats you can mitigate enough damage, or with faithful feats you can overheal pretty well.
    After all, we just have 3 encounter slots.

What I can sort of agree with you is that we don't have enough variety of viable healing powers. Sunburst and healing word are worthless as for now and Divine Glow does not have an impressing healing component given it's narrow area compared to bastion.
  • nninjannoob#2956 nninjannoob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    when it will be available in preview?
    @dreadnaught#5263
    Selûne | Merlin

• Strawberry Yakuza •

• dtronic#6518 dtronic Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Great. More changes. Thanks a lot. I just spent ANOTHER $500. on zen past 2 weeks for my AC DC. I don't post here on ARC unless I'm pissed off. So DEV's maybe think about listening to just ARC forums for feedback.

My DC is my 3rd character I have changed because of changes you have made. I've spent over $3500 since July on PS4 on this game. If you make me not like my DC, then I'm leaving. I am not starting another character.

Stop making radical changes to classes. Fix bugs, Small changes. Stop listening to people who say they speak for the majority or the community. They don't.

I am too busy running MSVA and FBI to spend time on here, making long posts. Yesterday I ran MSVA 16 times in a row, 3 Superior marks. Opening all 3 chests every time. Ran FBI 5 times. No runic armor. Ab fab.

And PSA. Don't quote whole long posts. We already read it. That's lazy and shows you don't care about anyone else reading this thread.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2017

rapo973 said:

Yeah just sit back and smile (cry???), if there are less support dc out there^^. DC don´t look for DC to party.
    R.I.P MSVA for the majority.
    Every community has the result it deserves. +30%dmg LOL.
    To compensate, how about nerfing major DMGspells from all DDs, and give them +30% healing instead^^
    Honestly there is no sarcasm in my words, I'm quite neutral.
    I've always been a support AC DC, Wis/Char, Power/Rec, my crit is basic, my armor penetration is zero. I'm lucky to be in guild where I can switch the SH boons from power to ArmPen and viceversa, giving me a lot of freedom.
    I've all 124 power points, all powers at rank 4, respec tokens from the winter festival, I can do whatever I want and whatever is needed. I'm not in love with this feature or that power: open to change if needed.
    I'm waiting and I will adapt without giving up my playstyle. If other DCs want to go dps, it's their choice, nothing to say.
    The DC class went throught major revisions and nerfs, but it's still the class that all the paingivers want to satisfy their ego B).

Concerning MSVA, it's time to learn to play it, but yes..I expect lakes of tears in the next few weeks (http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228699/message-to-all-the-pc-players-that-ruin-the-fun-for-us).
    Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2017

• Anointed Army
    Power sharing reduction is acceptable but the main issue still persists: bonding transfers buffed stat. i know it is not your task to solve it, so please address/assign it to the responsible colleague.
    CC immunity will be WAI finally, ty a lot. Full/extremly high damage immunity HAD TO GO, big-big thanks.

• Terrifying Insight
    Only one thing I would add to this change: make it work like Foresight. Healed ally is granted 8/12/16/20% damage increase for x second. W/ this change it is like a 20% DI aura which needs no other action feels like DC changed to Pally.

Rest I have to think through but seem good changes for the first blick - geas has to be reworked^^

• superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    What you have to ask yourself first and foremost is this: what makes playing a DC in this game exciting?

Healing? Yea lol no. Not in this game. To change this would probably be herculean task.

Buff/debuff? Yes and while it's nice to know you shortened the run probably more than any other class could it's not -exciting.

Damage? Not the reason to choose DC and even with +30% my toon will see the rear end of any equally geared group.

Mitigation/protection? This. Dc should meaningfully support the tank in protecting the group. You didn't get the balance right so far. First pala bubble then aa. DC should have more meaningful choices in that regard especially when it comes to paragon feats. Either make dedicated healing a thing again in pve or change feats (virtuous) to something that makes sense.
    And IMPORTANT: it should be the dc's role to save the day if things go south.Tank holds shield upside down, dps committs collective suicide...one-shots galore. The cleric should have the tools to shine in such situations. Nothing as cheesy and spamable as as. Something that needs more timing/skill to use but powerful.
    One could probably light an atom bomb under a 4k il tank without it leaving a smudge on its shiny metal butt and players of 4k il dps will in most cases have found the time to consider the dodge mechanic but this is not the reality of everyday pug-ing and even those toons can get in peril in the latest content. That's when playing a DC can be exciting ...when pain and misery are greatest. This feeling that your toon made the difference between wipe and success can make playing the class exciting...not with something as cheesy as aa. Be creative.

Just to spur imagination: when playing a lowly DO way back I dreamt about something like this: "holy preemptive buttkick" , golden boot appears and kicks a toon traipsing in red with its butt on fire or about to facetank a giants axe to the spot (save spot if clever DC) next to DC who can then heal the suicide candidate. 10% of the time the direction will be random...so probably off a cliff/ water behind turtle etc.:) Will trigger and negate dmg on a hit that would otherwise have offed the toon; buttkick itself hurts a little..say 20% of toons hp....so if toons HP were below that already the boot will kill it :D I'm just kidding of course (maybe:P). In any case...the DC' s power in this regard should be more powerful than hr's fox cunning.
    It' s the leader class...let it shine and be the light when all other lights go out. This is crucial because it makes the class fun to play. Please ensure that.

As for the new aa...the mitigation will do a flying hamster now especially in new content...and if the buff wears off like the cc it will be something to weave in the hg rotation mainly because it looks better to keep your toons arms waving and other dailies ate even more useless....how the hell is the new divine armor supposed to be helpful?
    So I am not satisfied with the changes...it' s not good enough. Playing the cleric can't be all about buff-bottery, mediocre dps (even with 30% more) and otherwise just look pretty >:( I say BLEH to that! Thumbs down.