test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What every companion needs.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
So I was talking to my companion the other day yeah, and he said "You know what boss, I really fancy having one of those shiny artifact thingies to call my own..."

No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Companions are far smarter than we adventurers. Just try to give one a piece of obviously enchanted, possibly cursed artifact gear. No way, they are having none of that ... wearing those things is just inviting having some nasty monster try to take it from you. They are far happier with their loyal gear anyhow.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    Mine is still sulking, when i refused to give him the shiney artifact thingies.
    He thinks i do not like him any more.
    Not even bondings rank 12 helped. He refuses to tank now and is ignoring all of my efforts to make him happy.
    Poor lion... sighs*
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Perhaps it would be a consolation to let them have rewards for overflow experience?
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Well, I just hope my companions in Neverwinter don't get talking to my Bridge Officers in Star Trek... because they have a number of cool.. and fun things.

My companions might all desert me. :(
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Lol, I can see the thread now... "click vidlink : My mythic pet solos orcus..."
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Sadly that's a legitimate strategy I've seen... all ranged characters and send in the pets... an hour later they completed CN!
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

So I was talking to my companion the other day yeah, and he said "You know what boss, I really fancy having one of those shiny artifact thingies to call my own..."

...so I told him that if he can persaude Cryptic to reinstate the Gateway Sword Coast Adventure game(s) so he and his fellow companions can once again form parties to obtain the gear to sell on the AH to pay for upgrading it all, then he can have whatever he wants. >:)

• indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I'd also like companion boons and mounts. I'd like my bear to ride a bear so i may persue my dreams of becoming NW's greatest bear tamer.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Oh wait! You were talking to your companions in game...my bad.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017

It is likely that they will make changes to pets the way they did mounts. But, I hope it does not include more refining, or mythic lockbox-only pets.

Or new lockbox exclusive insignias/whatevers.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    My summoned companions did not say anything to me that they want, unless it was telepathically, as they are floating rocks. But my gods did say, while I was invoking them, that they would like us to have artifacts/artifact equipment venerating them.
    I had to put my lion down after all, it is a sad moment for Neverwinter.
    He refused to co-op with me in FBI and jumped after the turtle into the sea. He is banned from FBI now.
    The active slot now belongs to some silly guy with a sword called The Con Artist. He is not so cool as the lion and does not talk much.. But at least he obeys and does not argue with the master. And he does not jump after the freaking dragon turtle boss...

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    My Yeti is currently has been benched. He decided that when I was grinding the EE campaign for one of my alt that it would be cool in the Firey Pit to attract not 1 or 2 but 4 Fire Giants along with a mob of adds. I'm like ok, now I'm off my mount and was surrounded by a group of adds.

After that encounter I benched the Yeti. I don't know why he thought it was ok to attack anything I fly by on my mount and continue to pull aggro, Youngster I tell you, LOL...

Next up to bat is Hothead, my Fire Archon, so far he listens. LOL...
    That must be a cat thing - my panther had to be put away because he would wander all over hill and dale looking for things to fight. Now I have a shadow demon that fights everything, but much closer to me - and he's often considerate enough to be in the same battle as I am.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    I am somewhere around the 60+ companions mark and they all keep whispering the same thing... "Why in the seven hells are most of us level 35 fighting level 73 end game monsters?! I mean honestly, I didn't read all those tombs of companion experience just to have my head kicked in by a spiderling!! We are little more than Ion Stones that can be punched in the face!"

Level 70 Mythic Companions? Unlocks Weapon and Armor enchantment slot? Imagine a Iron Golem with Trans Feytouched and a Trans Shadowclad lol.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

Sadly that's a legitimate strategy I've seen... all ranged characters and send in the pets... an hour later they completed CN!

That's not the fault of companions. Blame the devs who made that boss fight.
    ravenskya said:

That must be a cat thing - my panther had to be put away because he would wander all over hill and dale looking for things to fight. Now I have a shadow demon that fights everything, but much closer to me - and he's often considerate enough to be in the same battle as I am.

@ravenskya
    I think i took the wrong one again.
    I like his stats however Con artist also goes to fight other mobs. Anything that attacks me first, is his.
    I like the loyalty he is showing, but sometimes you got to move to other targets and he stays on the one he choose to get revenge .
    Until that thingy is dead you can not get him off it. He is very blood thirsty...

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Funny i had the same exact conversation with mine exept my answer was: "Does my artifact look shiny? It isn't, if i cant afford mine why would you get one?".

@araneax A lot of people love the conartist. A few of my friends use him. Since I picked up the Shadow Demon though, he's just been my go to for the TR. Now my GF, Waffles, has a portal hound named Pancakes - pancakes is awesome even though he can't jump. I'm having to resummon him after every jump section of any dungeon. I'm always like "come here boy, you can just portal to me" and he's like "but it's so far! I just can't make it!"

Much better than a friend who uses the sellsword - she's suicidal. Every chance she gets she leaps into lava, off a cliff etc. We keep asking what he's doing to make her so upset...

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Lol, companions need their own augument stones too. That would perhaps assuage their suicidal tendencies.
    edited February 2017
    ravenskya said:

@araneax A lot of people love the conartist. A few of my friends use him. Since I picked up the Shadow Demon though, he's just been my go to for the TR. Now my GF, Waffles, has a portal hound named Pancakes - pancakes is awesome even though he can't jump. I'm having to resummon him after every jump section of any dungeon. I'm always like "come here boy, you can just portal to me" and he's like "but it's so far! I just can't make it!"

Much better than a friend who uses the sellsword - she's suicidal. Every chance she gets she leaps into lava, off a cliff etc. We keep asking what he's doing to make her so upset...

@ravenskya

Remember the little bambi from the winter festival ? He does the same thing . It is too scared to jump. So he just stands there and looks at you with those huge eyes.
    I have no heart to not wait for him sometimes.
    So my party facepalms every time i go back for it. Little thing needs its mother. And i am not a good replacement.

( Thank god i run with my guild, they forgive me everything. Almost. From exchanging 3 sets of fashion items in one run, to going after shiney stuff on the ground, to fussing over my companions. )

jonkoca said:

Lol, companions need their own augument stones too. That would perhaps assuage their suicidal tendencies.

I went to go fight Severin in Tiamat, I was close to the edge. My Fire Archon fell down into the 9 Hamsters and died. I could see him free-falling. I swear I heard him scream.
    I lol'd and now i feel so guilty... XD

@araneax I know how you feel! My healadin runs the polar bear cub - he's just an augment but I want to pick him up and carry him across the jumps in eLoL. He just flops on the ground and looks all pitiful.

We also had one of my good friends/guildie going through his first or second CN - we are showing him how to weave through the green orbs and he's almost there when suddenly he turns around and we are all asking him - what are you doing, this way! And he yelled, the orb got my companion, I have to go back for him.

he died rezzing his companion.

My guild is full of people just as nutty as I am, so though we may not get why one person needs to grind out a peg leg like it's their job (because clearly it goes with his pumpkin head) we understand the need and help them along the way. They hand me companions like I'm the neverwinter rescue, and I dole out fashion to them like the local goodwill.

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    ".....what are you doing, this way! And he yelled, the orb got my companion, I have to go back for him."

"....he died rezzing his companion."

CLASSIC!
    ravenskya said:

@araneax I know how you feel! My healadin runs the polar bear cub - he's just an augment but I want to pick him up and carry him across the jumps in eLoL. He just flops on the ground and looks all pitiful.

We also had one of my good friends/guildie going through his first or second CN - we are showing him how to weave through the green orbs and he's almost there when suddenly he turns around and we are all asking him - what are you doing, this way! And he yelled, the orb got my companion, I have to go back for him.

he died rezzing his companion.

My guild is full of people just as nutty as I am, so though we may not get why one person needs to grind out a peg leg like it's their job (because clearly it goes with his pumpkin head) we understand the need and help them along the way. They hand me companions like I'm the neverwinter rescue, and I dole out fashion to them like the local goodwill.

@ravenskya

Liira's bell for the win.

Seriously.

I have a cool down of 60 seconds on it.
    It is a must have in the tab.
    With it and my humble help , my lion can tank Orcus without any problems.

• umarachnea#5673 umarachnea Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    You know that whole issue with AA? well my Con Artist decided to be just like all those others "I ain't moving any red thing away or dodging away from damage... you spam AA or I ain't debuffing"...

We now have a love-hate relationship... and as a CON artist he has the nerve to ask me "Would I lie to you?".... get out of here with your useless sarcasm and start debuffing.

You know that whole issue with AA? well my Con Artist decided to be just like all those others "I ain't moving any red thing away or dodging away from damage... you spam AA or I ain't debuffing"...

We now have a love-hate relationship... and as a CON artist he has the nerve to ask me "Would I lie to you?".... get out of here with your useless sarcasm and start debuffing.

Yeai noticed sometimes he does not do the third strike debuff. He talks about dexterity a lot though... Slaker...

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    araneax said:

Yeai noticed sometimes he does not do the third strike debuff. He talks about dexterity a lot though... Slaker...
    That is because you all have favored one companion. You have to make them jealous of each other or else they are all useless.

You have to show them that you are not committed to them or else they will simply walk all over you. Just like a wife. :)