test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any guys who left the game coming back?

reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
Hi guys, I stopped playing the game when Mod 10 came out... too much grinding. Just checking if anyone who left the game because of mod 10 is coming back for mod 11. I am currently playing other MMO games like Eternal Crusade, just want to know if anyone feels that mod 11 is cool and should come back.

Comments

• xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Post edited by xgrandz02 on
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    In module 9, well geared players were asking for increased dungeon difficulty, but no one was asking for everfrost resistance gear and potions. Remove all the everfrost resistance requirements and maybe, if we're lucky, many players will come back.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I've done a bunch of testing on Preview, and you might want to check out mod 11. The mechanics of the mod as a whole are pretty interesting. You might like it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • korpakukac1korpakukac1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I thought I would come back, then I saw that they nerfed the KITTEN out of my caracter again... Not coming back...

Mod applied KITTEN filter manually.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    also, tired of devs and producers going on other sites like tweets instead of homepage, Mod 10 is distaster and heavy grinding, they broke several promises to have class rebalancing done quickly. many are tired of waiting for new classes and may not come back thinking it will take devs 2-3 years to release new classes.

it's funny when they ask for challenging and many complained it hat is too hard to play, see that weekly "yeti" task on catwalk area, that isnt soloable for specific classes, when i solo it, it waste lot of my potions to stay alive.
    that mod 10 put us with more potions and required armor set and we still have no room in our bags. it is inventory issue from hell, we see no new bank vault or new bag slots, except for new key tab panel, not very impressive.
    we keep throwing out gears and appearance items due to lack of space.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    I avoided most of the module 10 grind. So far, I love module 11. One of the best yet.

The story writing is better than in most modules (there's actual dramatic tension), there's more choice in how you progress, and the skirmish is loads of fun.

Spellplague Caverns is back, too. Sort of. The "normal" version is very similar to the one they removed, but far too easy if you don't happen to be leveling and around the intended level for it. I haven't played the reworked epic version (though I did have a chance to try just the boss fight during Play with the Devs) but it looks fun.

Massive power escalation is being addressed step by step. Some complain of nerfs. I see it as necessary balance to make gameplay more than spamming the same rotation over and over while watching Netflix.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    wylonus said:

it's funny when they ask for challenging and many complained it hat is too hard to play, see that weekly "yeti" task on catwalk area, that isnt soloable for specific classes, when i solo it, it waste lot of my potions to stay alive.

It's a MMO, you can always ask for help if you're undergeared for something. I routinely help new guild/alliance members through Vault of the Nine. Every class can solo the Yeti quest (I do it on all classes) with sufficient gear, though it is certainly much harder for some classes than for others. My DC generally looks for someone to run it with, not because I might die, but because it takes too long alone.

• waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Well I came back a few months ago. Just before mod 10 I think. I was really impressed for awhile with Underdark and some other things and then naturally the developers managed to disappoint me again with SKT/SOMI..

So, I didnt leave the game with mod 10 but I did skip all of mod 10 except the first 4 boons. I have a main who more than meets all requirements for FBI/SVA but have never been there and I dont plan to go...
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

Well I came back a few months ago. Just before mod 10 I think. I was really impressed for awhile with Underdark and some other things and then naturally the developers managed to disappoint me again with SKT/SOMI..

So, I didnt leave the game with mod 10 but I did skip all of mod 10 except the first 4 boons. I have a main who more than meets all requirements for FBI/SVA but have never been there and I dont plan to go...

It is not that bad, to try out FBI and MSVA if you have really really really reallllyyyyy low expectations.
    Do not expect any good drops.
    Do not expect not to die a few times as well.
    Stock on mass scrolls of life if you do not have a party that is well versed in running it .
    And do it for the fun of it. Just to see how it goes. ( Take an AA DC with you.. you ll need it.. )
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

araneax said:

It is not that bad, to try out FBI and MSVA if you have really really really reallllyyyyy low expectations.
    Stock on mass scrolls of life if you do not have a party that is well versed in running it .
    And do it for the fun of it. Just to see how it goes. ( Take an AA DC with you.. you ll need it.. )
    Honestly even CN seems not worth the time to run when considering drops. I make more AD by either farming blue rings from skirmishes (best drop ever!) or running my army of alts thru cloak tower. The value in return in Neverwinter is kinda low, really low. We are expected to invest a lot of time or money if we want to play at the highest level but its a one way street. We give and get little to nothing in return.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

araneax said:

Honestly even CN seems not worth the time to run when considering drops. I make more AD by either farming blue rings from skirmishes (best drop ever!) or running my army of alts thru cloak tower. The value in return in Neverwinter is kinda low, really low. We are expected to invest a lot of time or money if we want to play at the highest level but its a one way street. We give and get little to nothing in return.
    We either have to accept that or leave.
    It is the direction of where the game is going.
    But some of us are still here from beta, and trying our best to post on forums about it.
    Who knows, maybe one day that changes. =)
    P.S . My runs tend to be extremely fun , i make them fun for myself. If you want to run a dungeon sometimes i ll join you. There is never enough AD.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

Yeah, one day. Maybe one day Blizzard takes not just the devs from Cryptic but the whole game as well.
    underdark is well balanced quests, and this riverdock is pretty much well done designed. so much better than fishing.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    If they don't fix the pitiful login server issues, they will lose some of the returning players. WTH?!? Multiple tries to login. Then when you finally log in and select your character, client has already disconnected from the login server again?
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    Just in case it helps,
    I was experiencing login problems for most of module 10. I ignored it since I skipped much of module 10.
    A few days ago, I restarted the modem (AT&T). no more login problems, no more disconnects.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @wylonus said:
    "it's funny when they ask for challenging and many complained it hat is too hard to play, see that weekly "yeti" task on catwalk area, that isnt soloable for specific classes, when i solo it, it waste lot of my potions to stay alive."

@tripsofthrymr said:
    "It's a MMO, you can always ask for help if you're undergeared for something. I routinely help new guild/alliance members through Vault of the Nine. Every class can solo the Yeti quest (I do it on all classes) with sufficient gear, though it is certainly much harder for some classes than for others. My DC generally looks for someone to run it with, not because I might die, but because it takes too long alone."

I think he means the Blizzard wedkly, not that "Chase the Yeti" daily which any class can solo.
    Blizzard weekly is very hard for modestly geared support class. A solo 2K DC will surely wipe on the final female Yeti boss.
    But, @tripsofthrymr is correct. When On a weak alt I repeatedly post in Zone and LFG "LFM for Blizzard weekly" . 100% times someone joins or invites in only a few minutes making it easy. @wylonus , try this. It always works.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    OP, I am PC from 10/2013. Wish I had skipped most of SKT. Lost last of my original friend group including 2 Betas who quit to play other games.
    They are not coming back.

NWO is not friendly to legacy players.

A Caturday survivor returning from a Mod 7 break will be so outdated and nerfed in gear and build that they will be worse off then a relatively new player who buys a Sgt Knox Recruitment character.
    New Mod worth returning for: too soon to tell. Gear gain method is more like Underdark, so that's encouraging.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I wouldnt come back for mod 11 , if you left earlier.. its not THAT much better..

they really gated stuff with a realitvy hard way to earn the main currency.

If you wanted to get weapons, boons and open up SP.. you re talkng about like 85 days of dailies..

its a bit to much.. who know when next mod comes out, but I would say this mod is just as frustrating as mod 10.. in terms of length.

the intro quest alone is like 1.5-2 hours per toon.

just to open up the daily.. to get 25 evils a day.. you need 500 just for weapons purchase.. Thats 20 days just for weapons..

no problem you say.. lets do some skirms.. until you quickly relize.. that A.. they seem to bug out really easily and B.. you could do 5-6 and not even get one of these thigns..

to get enough evils to finish teh campaign and stuff.. its along frustrating time.. in addition by the tiem you open up SP, its probably time for a new mod.

Something seems a bit amiss. here..

Other then them miscalculating this, the confusing layout and approach and the bugged instances.. I would say they seem to be going out of thier way.. to make the game, into some ultra boring mess.

I cant be that positive, maybe there is a weekly that returns like 100 evils.. that would help.

edited February 2017

I think he means the Blizzard wedkly, not that "Chase the Yeti" daily which any class can solo.

Blizzard weekly is very hard for modestly geared support class. A solo 2K DC will surely wipe on the final female Yeti boss.

But, @tripsofthrymr is correct. When On a weak alt I repeatedly post in Zone and LFG "LFM for Blizzard weekly" . 100% times someone joins or invites in only a few minutes making it easy. @wylonus , try this. It always works.

I was thinking of the weekly. I don't do the "Chase the Yeti" daily. It take too long and there's lower hanging fruit. Agreed, a solo 2K DC will likely have a very hard time on the final Yeti. I was 3K by the time mod 10 launched, so didn't try it personally.

Like you, I never had trouble finding someone to run Blizzard's Return with.

I cant be that positive, maybe there is a weekly that returns like 100 evils.. that would help.

The tooltip for Evidence of Evil says it's earned by daily and weekly quests.

edited February 2017

NWO is not friendly to legacy players.

A Caturday survivor returning from a Mod 7 break will be so outdated and nerfed in gear and build that they will be worse off then a relatively new player who buys a Sgt Knox Recruitment character.

I run a guild focused on new and returning players and disagree that it's not friendly for legacy characters. Fresh 70's and returning players that I pick up in my guild that also play regularly get to 2K - 2.5K item level in very short order and can join alliance runs of most all content. It takes some time to attain the pinnacle of power (3K-4K item level, all boons, 5 desirable mount insignia bonuses), but that's the nature of MMOs. They universally thrive on ever more ways to increase a character's power.

Public LFG channels (/lfg and a few popular custom channels) tend to ask for 3K+ item level even for T1 content. They do that because they're looking for a fast, easy run. A good alliance and some other popular custom channels will take anyone that meets the requirement to queue for the content. You don't need 3K+/3xR12 bondings to enjoy most of the content in the game.

The level 60 gear was removed, but it doesn't take very long to attain reasonable replacements.

If anyone wants some advice on gearing up, feel free to PM me in game (@TripsOfThrymr).

• twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    I left NWO when Mod 7 dropped. I lurk on the forums from time to time and keep an eye on developments, but I haven't seen anything to change the reasons why I left (too much repetitive grinding for even slight advancement mainly). But hey - I just got a new gaming PC so it would be nice to see the game running properly for a change. Maybe I'll log on and give Mod 11 a spin at some point.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    Tryps, often you dint get any help during specific times when most guilds are sleeping when need to beat yeti task.
    Twight, mod 11 seem lot better, just give this "Crown war" story a try.
    also, i am in middle of putting together my new first new barebone PC too.
    wylonus said:

Twight, mod 11 seem lot better, just give this "Crown war" story a try.

I really enjoy the writing. There's actual dramatic tension :-)
    wylonus said:

also, i am in middle of putting together my new first new barebone PC too.

Nice. That can be a lot of fun. Hope the process is smooth.

• btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User

araneax said:

LOL..you get 36K RAD a day for doing content, even easy no challenge content. That's hardly little to nothing.
    It's a MILLION AD a month. They give you a lot.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited February 2017

I was thinking of the weekly. I don't do the "Chase the Yeti" daily. It take too long and there's lower hanging fruit. Agreed, a solo 2K DC will likely have a very hard time on the final Yeti. I was 3K by the time mod 10 launched, so didn't try it personally.

Like you, I never had trouble finding someone to run Blizzard's Return with.

Hmmm! I did that with my 2.3K DC which is my 5th alt which means I am not even good at playing DC. Yes, the Blizzard one. If it is really a 2.0K DC, it may even have problem to clear WoD.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    Nah, had it now. The game's gone down a one way street of keys wasted on unknown rng loot at the end of runs, interminable gear/weapon enhancement grinds, megabucks cash shop pricing. Pity but there was more than enough opportunity for Cryptic to change track.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............