test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SKT Content for the NON-Elite (Video Links provided)

weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
Here are some videos I just made for eSVA and FBI to help NON-ELITES make it through SKT Content more readily and consistently in spite of lower class type, item level, and gear.

Thanks to the members of the SKT3K custom channel that have helped me through these months and helped in making these videos. Without you guys I would have been miserable and hopeless this mod.

Non-Elite eSVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1yJhYskVbA

Non-Elite FBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhbfZQQ6LmQ
“Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided

Comments

• weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    A point I overlooked in esva video... Tanks turn the boss facing the throne so that people aren't hit with cone shot while doing runes. Will edit this more as I find stuff i missed.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
    edited February 2017
    Recruitment to the SKT3K Channel is closed. Feb. 21st I will be removing everyone from the channel and destroying it. If you are in the channel currently, this isn't the end. Speak with me in channel about future plans.

I hope these videos will continue to help everyone though :D.
    Post edited by weaver936 on

• werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

Recruitment to the SKT3K Channel is closed. Feb. 21st I will be removing everyone from the channel and destroying it. If you are in the channel currently, this isn't the end. Speak with me in channel about future plans.

Why ? I was interested in joining :(

weaver936 said:

Shifting focus in another direction. Even more inclusive than my SKT3K was. :D

• watabongwatabong Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Please make a grp w/o bonding before u declare a non elite ffs
  • raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    By inclusive do you mean alliance only. I have noticed a large number of channel members actively running from one Guild/alliance.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    shadw2012 said:

You have a very twisted view of elitists, i am still looking for these bad elitists you speak of, every one i have run with has not been this way. Ofc i usually just run with guild or legit folks. But hey this is just a game, everyone is entitled to there own way of thinking, from the deranged to the sane. lol

He's basically complaining about LFG where most runs were only taking 4k DPS for MSVA etc.
    watabong said:

Please make a grp w/o bonding before u declare a non elite ffs

The main problem with elitism is that getting to 4k+ ilvl has virtually no performance gains for most classes. Expecting people to have items that actually improve how your toon performs isn't being elitist.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited February 2017
    raydroot said:

By inclusive do you mean alliance only. I have noticed a large number of channel members actively running from one Guild/alliance.

Since pretty much day 1 of the channel I've told people that if they feel that some people are using the channel just as a place to find Support toons for their clique or excluding people from their runs because of Item level or what ever to message me and I'd deal with the problem,

"Please help us maintain a High Quality Community. Don't Ask for or Provide Gear info while forming groups. If someone seems to exclude you from their group based on your gear, let @weaver936 know."

That's just one of the messages I've had to repeatedly post from time to time to communicate that certain attitudes and ways of treating people will not be tolerated (by me). Whether or not someone came to me with their negative experience in the channel (instead of waiting until the channel is announced to be closing) to voice their concerns, is a different story.

The kind of thing you mention above is the very thing I fought passionately to avoid. I consider that kind of stuff EXPLOITATION of other people...

Using a channel (that's intended to help everyone IN THE CHANNEL to get runs) for your own cliques' personal benefit is Abusive and Exploitative... but, so is never doing anything else but +ing for a group that someone else spends an hour forming (in SKT this happens a lot). The channel was always meant to help people help other people... not just help themselves.

shadw2012 said:

You have a very twisted view of elitists, i am still looking for these bad elitists you speak of, every one i have run with has not been this way. Ofc i usually just run with guild or legit folks. But hey this is just a game, everyone is entitled to there own way of thinking, from the deranged to the sane. lol

IF you had an alliance/guild that ran SKT content together and supported one another, consider yourself blessed. Please don't take that for granted and assume that most people's experience in game is or was similar, because it's not.. If it was... I wouldn't have had such an overwhelmingly positive reaction from people that that joined the channel and thanked me repeatedly for making it and managing it the way I did.

Please enjoy the vids.. use them to help make SKT runs easier for you and your people.. or not.. it's up to you.

• jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    shadw2012 said:

Yes hit on the spot, STK3K channel created by a weaver personal delusion of anti elitist,
    I have been with adventure with him many times..he is stubborn and will not take/accept others idea,
    if he is in the party he always call the shot if you don't like it you are out of party and probably channel, runs will takes up to hours to gather parties and bout 2 hour to complete due to his method and believe to educate and grow the community. (incase you are wandering he has many toons mostly is 3k ish which barely met the requirement)

weaver936 said:

I was once in the STK3K channel,
    Let me give you some ideas what its really like....its good/bad at times, i left soon after realizing below matters.

The channel allows dungeon exploit and looking for specific class but not ilvl/item such as bonding..
    ie AC DC/CW MOF/OP Tank and etc so i would say its not really a legit channels.

Most of the better players who able to hold own weight elitist or non elitist already left.
    Those in the channel are mostly 3k ish toons which has problem finding parties/ those expect to be carried.

Reasons:

1.There is a rule where are not allow to abandon queue even when stuck and wipe multiple times else get kicked from channel.

2.Even there is no asking for ilvl in the channel, but often enough cases where que leaders filter the members by inspecting... i got into que many times before which i MSG later then someone who has lower ilvl.
    Cant blame them if they don't do so they will end up with inexperience and barely geared 3k ish which is majority of the members ...also due to Reason 1 the queue leader will have to be more careful bout it.

3.Members not asking ilvl in STK3K channel but asking ilvl in PE/Other channels, Most of time people who ask for 4k+ are those who is 3k ish members.

4.Now the channel is getting less active just left with those who will blindly follows those ideals ,
    very few now willing to create party for obvious reason only person who makes party is weaver and few of his friends..probably shutting down due to this reason.

Post edited by jase2cool on
    jase2cool said:

shadw2012 said:

Yes hit on the spot, STK3K channel created by a weaver personal delusion of anti elitist,
    I have been with adventure with him many times..he is stubborn and will not take/accept others idea,
    if he is in the party he always call the shot if you don't like it you are out of party and probably channel, runs will takes up to hours to gather parties and bout 2 hour to complete due to his method and believe to educate and grow the community. (incase you are wandering he has many toons mostly is 3k ish which barely met the requirement)

weaver936 said:

I was once in the STK3K channel,
    Let me give you some ideas what its really like....its good/bad at times, i left soon after realizing below matters.

The channel allows dungeon exploit and looking for specific class but not ilvl/item such as bonding..
    ie AC DC/CW MOF/OP Tank and etc so i would say its not really a legit channels.

Most of the better players who able to hold own weight elitist or non elitist already left.
    Those in the channel are mostly 3k ish toons which has problem finding parties/ those expect to be carried.

Reasons:

1.There is a rule where are not allow to abandon queue even when stuck and wipe multiple times else get kicked from channel.

2.Even there is no asking for ilvl in the channel, but often enough cases where que leaders filter the members by inspecting... i got into que many times before which i MSG later then someone who has lower ilvl.
    Cant blame them if they don't do so they will end up with inexperience and barely geared 3k ish which is majority of the members ...also due to Reason 1 the queue leader will have to be more careful bout it.

3.Members not asking ilvl in STK3K channel but asking ilvl in PE/Other channels, Most of time people who ask for 4k+ are those who is 3k ish members.

4.Now the channel is getting less active just left with those who will blindly follows those ideals ,
    very few now willing to create party for obvious reason only person who makes party is weaver and few of his friends..probably shutting down due to this reason.

LOL. Whatever makes you feel better. :D

• erzsebeththeevilerzsebeththeevil Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Wow thanks for putting in the effort and energy for making these helpful videos :smiley:
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User

Wow thanks for putting in the effort and energy for making these helpful videos :smiley:

Indeed.

I have been a member of the channel for a couple months now. Not really been able to do a lot of runs for various reasons, but actively remember some nSVAs a few weeks ago. Was on one of my lesser experienced toons and certainly did a lot of mistakes. Folks however were very encouraging and friendly, which certainly did fit the non-elitist theme.

I think it's fair to point out though that following many discussions in the channel it's clear that SKT3K is not mainly looking for members to run content with but guys that agree to a certain philosophy. You're really more of a follower of how the game should be played and even how the world should be seen than just a player. Based on that I was unsure at times of what was expected out of me as member, which probably contributed to me not participating as much. Also not surprising the channel is shutting down now, it never quite worked out. You could even say SKT3K was more exclusive than the elitists it's trying to fight.

So well, mixed bag for me. I liked the concept, but I also just like playing and not having to align and agree to a certain, very restrictive philosophy that even extends to topics outside the game. This really shouldn't serve as a warning, but more a PSA for all those that think about joining the channel or its follow-up.
    loboguild said:

Indeed.

I have been a member of the channel for a couple months now. Not really been able to do a lot of runs for various reasons, but actively remember some nSVAs a few weeks ago. Was on one of my lesser experienced toons and certainly did a lot of mistakes. Folks however were very encouraging and friendly, which certainly did fit the non-elitist theme.

I think it's fair to point out though that following many discussions in the channel it's clear that SKT3K is not mainly looking for members to run content with but guys that agree to a certain philosophy. You're really more of a follower of how the game should be played and even how the world should be seen than just a player. Based on that I was unsure at times of what was expected out of me as member, which probably contributed to me not participating as much. Also not surprising the channel is shutting down now, it never quite worked out. You could even say SKT3K was more exclusive than the elitists it's trying to fight.

So well, mixed bag for me. I liked the concept, but I also just like playing and not having to align and agree to a certain, very restrictive philosophy that even extends to topics outside the game. This really shouldn't serve as a warning, but more a PSA for all those that think about joining the channel or its follow-up.
    Ty for a more fair and honest assessment of the channel. Although I obviously disagree, it's good to see a perspective that's clearly thought out and respectful.

The channel was never meant to be another LFG channel and certainly not just for a single mod. It's always been about people.. not pixels. But that means different things to different people. i think it's worked out well for what i intended longer term. about 20% of the people in SKT3K is in the other channel now and the exclusivity is intentional... to make sure the other channel is full of helpful people oriented individuals and not just gear or mod chasers. :D

What's funny is the best use of my videos will probably come after i close my channel and in Mod 11... you guys might to learn how to do the mechanics of SKT content sooner than later.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228397/upcoming-devoted-cleric-changes

Anointed Army
    The amount of damage absorbed by each charge of Anointed Army has been capped at 20% of the target’s maximum Hit Points. While the bug for this power was that it was mitigating 100% of incoming damage rather than the original 90%, the power will be left at 100% absorption for damage amounts at 20% of the target’s maximum hit points or below, now that the amount absorbed has been capped.

• theflowerbottheflowerbot Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Weaver: thanks for making the videos. I appreciate your channel too and have joined your new one, as have my active guild-mates who aren't ready for SKT3K. I haven't tried to get a svar or fbi run from SKT3K for various reasons, but I enjoy and learn a lot from listening in on the discussions. My guildies have gotten party-mates for all kinds of dungeons from the new channel so thats working out great for us. When uber-dedicated players like you help us time-poor people out by sharing what you learn, everybody wins.

Now forget about the haters, they gone hate - go get some sleep and rest up for the new release :smiley:
    Before you jump to judge me, know this - I was called flowerbot long before I started playing Neverwinter.
    Ty for your kind words :D. yeah... it's amazing how many people will do absolutely nothing of real benefit to anyone else, but criticize others that even attempt to.

• jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

it's amazing how many people will do absolutely nothing of real benefit to anyone else, but criticize others that even attempt to.

I recognize and give you credits/praise for your effort for helping the community
    But sadly your ego got to you ... your intention of helping the community has diverted to self ego almighty FOUNDER and OWNER of SKT3K.

Ego is what makes normal player an Elitist not ilvl
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    The channel idea was good. I joined for a while but then gave up and left.
    @weaver936 : you were mostly running optimized parties for everything and it took forever to make them. One day we met in FBI, I showed you how to make the turtle with no stacks and do it easily with any party (no need for OP+AC/DC+...) and you told me that this way it takes longer. Well it takes five mins more but you save much more in making the party and can go into the dungeon with more varied parties making life easier in building one.
    I think you did well for many aspects but could do better by listening more. Anyway, good luck with your new channel!
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    edited February 2017

The channel idea was good. I joined for a while but then gave up and left.
    @weaver936 : you were mostly running optimized parties for everything and it took forever to make them. One day we met in FBI, I showed you how to make the turtle with no stacks and do it easily with any party (no need for OP+AC/DC+...) and you told me that this way it takes longer. Well it takes five mins more but you save much more in making the party and can go into the dungeon with more varied parties making life easier in building one.
    I think you did well for many aspects but could do better by listening more. Anyway, good luck with your new channel!

Was that where you have to wait out the rune storm without attacking the runes?

Afaik.... every non guild/alliance or non Friend only party takes forever to form, unless you are lucky. This is mainly because of the overall lack of support class toons taht can run the content.. and with SVA you ahvet o factor in whether people have keys or not. The "optimized" party setups was to make sure when we finally got a group.. even having some completely unbonded people in party wouldn't cause a fail for the whole group. Believe me.. i really didn't/don't like having to take an hour to form a group just to have it fail, especially when it's because of people not knowing (or caring) what they are supposed to do... taht's more of a problem in SKT content than item level/gear ever is. Some of these people that call me exclusive or judgemental are exactly those kind of people... those that don't know or care what they are supposed to do... and when I call them on it... they get an attitude and either leave of get channel kicked. SO... *shrugs*.

TY for wishing us good luck with the new (actually not new) channel. We are still doing SKT there and other content too.. but with more cooperative and informed people. :D

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    It was actually when I showed you that right positioning close the head of the turtle and not too close to the body basically reduces stacking to zero.
    I see it differently from you. I don't care if our group fails. I'd rather spend time in a dungeon and fail than spending time waiting to get in. Failing helps people in growing, in learning better how to cope with stuff, in finding different ways of doing content in a game. Today I duo'd CN with a friend. We did it with two 2.6k toons, an SW temptation and a CW oppressor. We tried many times before and failed, and finally today we did it. After these attempts I know my SW much better than before. If I had spent the same time running optimized parties through CN I would have probably learned much less.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    edited February 2017

It was actually when I showed you that right positioning close the head of the turtle and not too close to the body basically reduces stacking to zero.

I see it differently from you. I don't care if our group fails. I'd rather spend time in a dungeon and fail than spending time waiting to get in. Failing helps people in growing, in learning better how to cope with stuff, in finding different ways of doing content in a game. Today I duo'd CN with a friend. We did it with two 2.6k toons, an SW temptation and a CW oppressor. We tried many times before and failed, and finally today we did it. After these attempts I know my SW much better than before. If I had spent the same time running optimized parties through CN I would have probably learned much less.

I agree with you to a point.. and i'll do that with people I've already earned their trust and loyalty .. but I'm not inviting strangers into a sh*t storm just to have them never + for one of my groups again Also, I'm not wasting time investing that kinda effort into people how are just interested in completing a run and might actually rage quit after sh*t talking everyone in the group... so... I formed groups the way I did for long term reasons... and I've found a LOT of good people by using that method. (I also ONLY recruited from my channel to give our people the most chances to get a run... unlike most people.)

I think there's a great divide between what people wanted (instant gratification of sorts) and what was/is needed for establishing, maintaining, and growing a trustworthy and loyal long term community. I will NEVER invest as much time and energy as I do into this game and my social environments for something as trivial and meaningless as just getting runs. :D.

So, my "why" is very much different than most that play this game... and that's fine.. you do you.. I'll do me... but that doesn't mean I'm wrong for wanting more from this game than pixels... Nearly a 3rd of those I had in SKT3K transitioned over to my other channel and we are doing AWESOME. I'm very proud of our progress today, especially.

If you pay attention to most of what I've said in SKT3K and in my videos here you really should know that I'm not just doing some superficial stuff here and never was and won't tolerate people trying to exploit my efforts for some quick fix to their LFG/LFM requests. :D

Maybe most won't appreciate that, but I'm not doing what I'm doing for them. :D

People are starting to realize that Relic is better for them to get than Ascended on most classes.. AND... that you basically have to delay opening Spellplague or getting your weapon... depending which is your priority.. so these videos might be of interest even more. And the DC changes are coming soon too. So. Check them out.

Now that the DC Changes are live... learn instead of Crying like spoiled kids.

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Some famous trs in theese vids. I recognize this tolpan. He is very well known.