test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloaked Ascendancy Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170206a.5

Comments

• kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Just my $0.02, but from a connection standpoint what drives me really batty is the timeout to the login server when switching alts. It happens really often, and I'm running on 150/150 Verizon FIOS (optical fiber).

Don't feel bad, I get it and I'm in the same city as the Login server.
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    terramak said:

Belatedly, regarding the change to the mark drop rate: There's no functional difference between the times I posted "3x" and the time I posted "significantly," I just chose to change the wording on the patch notes.

I didn't panic.. but some people are so suspicious of you guys they saw that change and made a big deal. They were like see *points fingers* SEEEE.... the devs are EVIL... So.. first thing i did was came and asked here.. like they should have done :D/

Thanks for the answer. :D

And yeah... already had some people think that 3x meant you'd get 3 marks each time it dropped. -.- So, yeah... word choice can be important..
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    kreatyve said:

terramak said:

Belatedly, regarding the change to the mark drop rate: There's no functional difference between the times I posted "3x" and the time I posted "significantly," I just chose to change the wording on the patch notes.

Regarding the servers, there are various things contributing to it. It's probably not a hardware issue, we'll probably need to look into it as an optimization issue first. Certain player behavior can also sometimes negatively affect server performance, e.g. back when we had a power designed in a way that it could have a near-infinite damage loop, or effects that exponentially increase depending on the number of friendlies / enemies in the area, using that power would contribute to poor server performance.

(This is not to say that players should feel responsible for how our servers perform, unless they're explicitly and maliciously using something that they know causes slowdown. And even then, it's on us to fix, but finding the causes of those issues can be challenging. Thanks for calling out examples of maps where it's recently been happening.)

In addition, there have been various connection instability issues that we've been working on diagnosing, but I believe those have mostly been affecting the Xbox and PS4™ versions of the game.

Dread RIng continues to be a very horribly laggy map. My personal opinion is that it's probably due to a combination of the zombies, the demonic HEs, and the graphics effect up by Phantasmal Fortress. I could be entirely wrong about that though.
    Dread ring is even worse than WOD recently

Examples (this is based on FTTC 80mbps down 20mbps up)

1: The time i fire hidden daggers and it hits enemy and shows damage is 7 seconds
    2: waiting after going to a NPC for F (interacable to complete quest) can take up to 10 seconds or i have to move away many times for it to allow me to finish

3: Sprint / Lunge / Jump / Flow animation skills essentially cause you to move forward back and repeat

@terramak

do you know if the Red Telegraph issue(S) will be fixed for this module ?

most notably in Edemo/FBI/WOD/DR ?

1: Not showing at all
    2: not showing parts of it based on angle
    3: flickering

kitkathd said:

hustin1 said:

Just my $0.02, but from a connection standpoint what drives me really batty is the timeout to the login server when switching alts. It happens really often, and I'm running on 150/150 Verizon FIOS (optical fiber).

Don't feel bad, I get it and I'm in the same city as the Login server.
    OMG i get the same thing and i cant figure out " why is it checking login server when im switching toon "

When it does this time out the message stays there for like 1 whole minute then times out :(

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

Well, the queue HAS TO be made to accept GF and DC as DPS, if that is what they choose. These are facts on the ground, GF is a DPS class now, DC has been for a long time. You can not force them to play support, but they will still queue in.

Do you have notion how long it takes to get in FBI in a dps class pugging? 3 hours sometimes more and you want to put classes doing what they were not originally mean to do? Fine, i always wanted to be the main healer as temptation warlock.

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    @terramak: thanks for all the feedback (including the confirmation of the 3x rate in Svardborg). I'm not experiencing serious lag issues at the time being (only a little bit of rubberbanding from time to time) but disconnects when switching alts are very common. And I'm seeing very often flickering of the blue areas around the pillars in PoM (they turn on and off and sometimes stay off for 2-3 seconds) which I never experienced until a couple of weeks ago.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

When it does this time out the message stays there for like 1 whole minute then times out :(

I used to have that problem Now, when I switch toons, I select the new toon, wait a few seconds, until it shows the current zone for that toon and then click.

Problem gone.
    Hoping for improvements...
    terramak said:

Regarding the servers, there are various things contributing to it. It's probably not a hardware issue, we'll probably need to look into it as an optimization issue first. Certain player behavior can also sometimes negatively affect server performance, e.g. back when we had a power designed in a way that it could have a near-infinite damage loop, or effects that exponentially increase depending on the number of friendlies / enemies in the area, using that power would contribute to poor server performance.

(This is not to say that players should feel responsible for how our servers perform, unless they're explicitly and maliciously using something that they know causes slowdown. And even then, it's on us to fix, but finding the causes of those issues can be challenging. Thanks for calling out examples of maps where it's recently been happening.)

In addition, there have been various connection instability issues that we've been working on diagnosing, but I believe those have mostly been affecting the Xbox and PS4™ versions of the game.

There is big problem(huge) that has priority over all others and doesn't get fixed, for 10th time, healadins with prism + burning guidance + healing warmth are crashing my game i can't go to tiamat anymore, if your team or yours intention was to make "Healadin" DPS viable endgame that was a bad way to do it, you could simply make it x% of the heal received and put a cap in it, the ones that need the most (light paladins, that dont have prism) would thank you, if still any exist.

edited February 2017

Well, the queue HAS TO be made to accept GF and DC as DPS, if that is what they choose. These are facts on the ground, GF is a DPS class now, DC has been for a long time. You can not force them to play support, but they will still queue in.

Do you have notion how long it takes to get in FBI in a dps class pugging? 3 hours sometimes more and you want to put classes doing what they were not originally mean to do? Fine, i always wanted to be the main healer as temptation warlock.
    The only other option is to nerf GF and DC damage into oblivion so they will be forced to only play support. That is not a good idea. The option is on the class, so it should be in the queue. I would rather have them in as DPS so I can get dedicated support players to fill the support slots.
    Give GF's augments and send them to tank content to see if they dont start thinking about getting more defencive stats, that and fix iron guard, i'm sure plenty would retought their builds.
    terramak said:

I dont bother going to tiamat anymore to get my game crashed by burning guidance + prism + healing warmth, now that is a big problem, if you/youre team changed those boons to make OP competitive then you did it very wrong you could simply base the damage on a % of the heal with a min and a cap, the ones who need more would thank you (devotion and bullwark devotions that have no acess to prism).

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

The only other option is to nerf GF and DC damage into oblivion so they will be forced to only play support. That is not a good idea. The option is on the class, so it should be in the queue. I would rather have them in as DPS so I can get dedicated support players to fill the support slots.
    Give GF's augments and send them to tank content to see if they dont start thinking about getting more defencive stats, that and fix iron guard, i'm sure plenty would retought their builds.
    terramak said:

I dont bother going to tiamat anymore to get my game crashed by burning guidance + prism + healing warmth, now that is a big problem, if you/youre team changed those boons to make OP competitive then you did it very wrong you could simply base the damage on a % of the heal with a min and a cap, the ones who need more would thank you (devotion and bullwark devotions that have no acess to prism).
    Burning guidance has an ICD now though ...
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    urabask said:

Burning guidance has an ICD now though ...

Nice!! :smile:, can you tell me if it's 1 second like the original cooldown from 3 or 4 months ago? i haven't run on preview with a big party to put this to test, this makes the game have breaks even in 5 man dungeon so it's not just a little glitch, i guess i have to thank to however listened to us and fixed it.

No way man. Then DPS classes should be able to tank and heal if they want.
  • rabbit#3096 rabbit Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2017

No way man. Then DPS classes should be able to tank and heal if they want.
    Then tell all those GFs flaming me in the thread about DPS GFs to learn how to be tanks and quit trying to be primary DPS.
    U have something personal with gf's arent u?! Nerf bondings and they cant dps so much anymore. Or its cuz of pvp? Only u have so much free time to whine about gf "dps". Devs pls dont listen him, he is always trolling here about gf's, now also about dc's.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Problem with this game is there is no proper define role for each class thus upseting alot of stuff in this game.
    @terramak

Will there be any crafting changes or hidden extras in this patch :smile:

mainly looking at:

1: A collect all button for crafting
    2: A reload button for crafting
    3: Unstoppable bug fixed?
    4: Pet behavior fixed
    5: Weekly reward for MSVA changed to include Legendary mark of your choice
    * or the ability to upgrade marks (5 blues for 1 purple) (10 purples for 1 Legendary) etc

6: re looking at some of the top tier boons in campaigns and changing them to be more productive (SKT ones in general)

to name but a few :wink:

One thing that surprises me - I assume that the version currently on Preview will be the one going live today, right ? Why is the non-working loadout stuff left in - seriously, it just confuses people. Also, all the Loadout "untranslated" messages (in the menu or when you use a power point for example) will look like a bug to people. Wouldn't it have been better to just disable the Loadout feature for now - at least in the GUI?

On the subject of Loadouts - it seems to me that they will do a part of what people have been asking for, but with some big flaws - kind-of like the proposed DC rework....both need a bit of work. It would be cool to get both in the game at the same time, say in 3 weeks or so....that should be realistic.
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    adinosii said:

One thing that surprises me - I assume that the version currently on Preview will be the one going live today, right ? Why is the non-working loadout stuff left in - seriously, it just confuses people. Also, all the Loadout "untranslated" messages (in the menu or when you use a power point for example) will look like a bug to people. Wouldn't it have been better to just disable the Loadout feature for now - at least in the GUI?

On the subject of Loadouts - it seems to me that they will do a part of what people have been asking for, but with some big flaws - kind-of like the proposed DC rework....both need a bit of work. It would be cool to get both in the game at the same time, say in 3 weeks or so....that should be realistic.

Unfinished or not working code moving to live is a poor development decision but ty for letting us know.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Well nothing has gone live yet, so assuming that it WILL NOT be disabled is an early stretch.
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    From a patch note release to a debate on DC and GF. Great. I will not attempt to enter into a debate with dps DC. I know nothing about it. But, I will answer the dps GF request.

First, I agree with Defiant (*cough cough*) that the player should have a selection in the character profile as heal/tank/dps. This should be independent of class type.

Second, dps GFs cannot tank everything. Even in this thread, one posted, "a guy in my guild has a dps GF and he can tank everything...except maybe orcus." Well, that is not EVERYTHING. Depending on the purity of the dps build of the GF, dps GFs cannot tank eDemo, Orcus, FBI giants, SVA mobs (either) or SVA (boss).

Third, do not confuse POWER CREEP across all classes, including the GF at BiS, with an intentional dps-centric GF. Dps GFs sacrifice tanking, buffing/debuffing, and aggro for...hint hint...more DPS. As an example. DPS GFs care not if ITF has an 8 second cooldown (which requires about 12k recovery), don't run KV (preferring KC instead for the dmg boost), select weapon enchants that will maximize personal dps output over party dmg or mob aggro, select companions for more dps rather than debuff or aggro or defense, and mount bonuses and powers, artifact gear selections, etc...the list is extensive. In fact, dps GF would rather have a tank OP and a buff DC in the party so that their own builds get even more damage output, which is the very definition of dps-centric build. There is nothing wrong with having a dps-centric GF. Some dps GFs do incredible, unbelievable damage. But, they still rely upon other buffing/tanking classes and support to do the damage, and when assumed to do the tanking duties, they struggle in SOME situations (like FBI, SVA, Orcus, or perhaps...edemo).

The option to have each player decide how to identify the PCs role before queueing is a good idea, and not just because of dps GFs.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

From a patch note release to a debate on DC and GF. Great. I will not attempt to enter into a debate with dps DC. I know nothing about it. But, I will answer the dps GF request.

First, I agree with Defiant (*cough cough*) that the player should have a selection in the character profile as heal/tank/dps. This should be independent of class type.

Second, dps GFs cannot tank everything. Even in this thread, one posted, "a guy in my guild has a dps GF and he can tank everything...except maybe orcus." Well, that is not EVERYTHING. Depending on the purity of the dps build of the GF, dps GFs cannot tank eDemo, Orcus, FBI giants, SVA mobs (either) or SVA (boss).

Third, do not confuse POWER CREEP across all classes, including the GF at BiS, with an intentional dps-centric GF. Dps GFs sacrifice tanking, buffing/debuffing, and aggro for...hint hint...more DPS. As an example. DPS GFs care not if ITF has an 8 second cooldown (which requires about 12k recovery), don't run KV (preferring KC instead for the dmg boost), select weapon enchants that will maximize personal dps output over party dmg or mob aggro, select companions for more dps rather than debuff or aggro or defense, and mount bonuses and powers, artifact gear selections, etc...the list is extensive. In fact, dps GF would rather have a tank OP and a buff DC in the party so that their own builds get even more damage output, which is the very definition of dps-centric build. There is nothing wrong with having a dps-centric GF. Some dps GFs do incredible, unbelievable damage. But, they still rely upon other buffing/tanking classes and support to do the damage, and when assumed to do the tanking duties, they struggle in SOME situations (like FBI, SVA, Orcus, or perhaps...edemo).

The option to have each player decide how to identify the PCs role before queueing is a good idea, and not just because of dps GFs.

I was the one saying that. And I stand by what I have seen. DPS GF can still tank everything except, possibly, Orcus. If by "tank" you mean they can tank alone without support from DC/OP I would agree with you, they cannot tank everything, but with a DC/OP that knows what he's doing they can tank everything and deal serious damage at the same time.
  • entspringen#2024 entspringen Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    DCs who don't heal, don't do it because they don't want to. Righteous clerics can still consistently heal for a lot while still debuffing the hell out of everything. Healing as a cleric is not a matter of feats, but power selection (bastion, glow).
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Lotsa discussion on the roles of classes - Not something I'm going to be able to address in here.

@adinosii and others:
    Regarding the Loadouts buttons still being present on the Preview shard: Hopefully this won't happen on the live shard, as I believe there was a Preview release that caused certain characters to get in some "loadouts enabled" state, showing non-functional Loadouts buttons.

That being said, it's totally plausible that we missed something and will end up shipping some non-functional Loadouts buttons. If so, please let me know and I'll make sure the remaining spots get disabled.

For Loadouts release timing: The feature was delayed from The Cloaked Ascendancy, and I do not expect it to go live during this module's active timeline. I can't give expected timelines for actual release of the feature, but you'll likely see it on NeverwinterPreview when we start previewing the module that contains it.
    terramak said:

For Loadouts release timing: The feature was delayed from The Cloaked Ascendancy, and I do not expect it to go live during this module's active timeline. I can't give expected timelines for actual release of the feature, but you'll likely see it on NeverwinterPreview when we start previewing the module that contains it.

So, we might see the DC rework in 11.5 (or whatever you want to call it), and tje loadouts in M12? Fine with me - I prefer to wait a bit and see it done properly, instead of getting something rushed. Now if you could only do something to make the Foundry and crafting professions relevant again, I would be happy....but let's wait and see.

I still think you should have given us a bit more time to test M11 - there are still too many things not working on Preview. I think you did the right thing with the M9 testing, with a closed test before opening it up on preview, but however you do it...give people time to test everything.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Understood. And oh my, do I have egg on my face (as the idiom goes). Already getting reports of the Loadouts button being visible on the live shard.

Thanks for your reports, and sorry to have let that one slip through.
This discussion has been closed.