test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Getting nothing but alliance gear in epic dungeon chests.

What's going on? These past few days I've been getting absolutely nothing from valindra, malabogs and lostmauth. Just a choice of alliance gear and seals. Both chest are empty, if I take away these two. It's always the same everytime I open a chest. I don't know when this started, but last week every chest had more than a couple stuff in it. It wasn't good stuff but it was better than nothing. What happened?

Comments

• Options
    dat RNG :( crpytic can make client side changes on this so they if the see TOO much nice stuff being put out they can make a quick fix to those drop rates without anyone knowing
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited February 2017

dat RNG :( crpytic can make client side changes on this so they if the see TOO much nice stuff being put out they can make a quick fix to those drop rates without anyone knowing

Drop rate to high = a fix for Cryptic = ninja nerf for player = players coming to the forms to complain.

Alliance Gear = rough AD = AD = ability to buy items you want from the AH or AD convert to Zen

I use to complain quite a bit on MMOs forums. Recently I realized that complaining about stuff like this does nothing other than results in upsetting more players. Instead, I have focused my energy on having fun and I like it a whole lot better.

• Options
    darienblackhawkdarienblackhawk Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    It says specifically that you are to receive at least refinement items when you use a key, but like the OP I too have been getting screwed with just seals and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear...What kind of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is this)
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I've gotten seals, and piece of salvage most of the times. I certainly have not gotten refinement out of each chest
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    darienblackhawkdarienblackhawk Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I've always gotten stones out of my campaign keys...It says under the item description you are supposed too
  • Options
    I don't bother to make campaign keys - I just use the epic dungeon keys and most of what I'm getting is: Seals one bit of blue alliance gear and occasionally a rank 5 enchant or dragon overload.

Not including the Master Epics - those give more seals... and CN throws in a +1 ring of disappointment each time.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    Drop rate does seem to have dropped quite a bit. Not worth it to keep running demo like it was, keep getting +1s and +2s
  • Options
    umarachnea#5673 umarachnea Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    @ravenskya +1 Ring of Disappointment lol... they really should introduce that... it would at least put a smile on my face when i send it to an alt for salvage.
  • Options
    dantragbdantragb Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Over the last week I have had one Griffin from ELOL two or three horses from Kessel and a few companions worth around 500k ad in the Valindra chest as well as artifacts dropping from everywhere.Trust me I'm the first to shout about rng after opening around 600 lockboxes and got nothing but in this case all last weeks drops where of the scale this week has toned down yes but I have made 800k in ad today alone most in rough ad but its just something I dont have control over so I just get on with it.
  • Options
    ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    last "rare" drop I found was a single scroll of mass life in etos, a couple days ago. when the new drops update was rolled out, in the first week I got, blackthorn, dragon visagex3, cambists gauntletx2, black ice beholder(green), fire archon(green), greater black ice belt(blue). It feels nerfed even if just a little.
    Post edited by ragequittingdc#8599 on
    im actually the gwf carry
  • Options
    chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    I unfortunately did not get in on the first dungeon runs after the new patch, I have wasted several greater demon keys and see the EXACT same loot every time, no cast off companion...nothing. The had to have nerfed it back seriously. I don't see a reason to even do Elol or CN anymore, same HAMSTER loot.
  • Options
    Last night in Kessell's retreat I pulled out an Epic Wheel of Elements. I was like WTF...than I realize all my character won't use that artifact and I can't sell it as it is bound to account. So now it is sitting in my shared bank just in case I create a GWF, SW or HR.
  • Options
    After all of my complaining I managed to pull a Death Slaad and a Quickling companion a few days ago. Still haven't pulled one of these artifacts that everyone else seems to be getting, and no mounts for me either.

• Options
    lordmaniklordmanik Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Today I got a blue air archon bound to account from thrones skirmish when I used greater key. Did kessels straight after and got a blue greater twined rope of dexterity, bound to account. Wish it was unbound, but glad I got something.
  • Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Regardless of what you're getting, it's changed from shortly after the key change to be much less, I'm not a fan of the ninja nerf of the loot tables.
  • Options
    randomkeyhits#0843 randomkeyhits Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    @fizgigtiznalkie#4436

Its a known and very irritating behaviour in quite a few MMOs and not just Perfect Worlds.

Ramp up the rate while there is focus on it, players see "good" results. Then quietly have it drop back to the level the dev team wanted, not the players. It will still be an improvement over the original, just not actually that much.

All about managing perceptions, a theme I'm seeing in the forums of various different games.

I'd love it if one of the games said "oops, last release overwrote the improved tables. Big apologies, here is a small token, all should be good now." instead of the usual silence.
  • Options
    exact0khan#1334 exact0khan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    The drop rate is complete garbage. I have invested quite a bit of cash into legendary keys and enchanted keys.. ripping threw 50$ worth of either for fruitless results is quite frustrating and almost enough to make me want to put down my controller.... it's coming close. This seems to be a consistent battle of players vs game management. I understand that loot tables keep the economy alive but you would think keys that cost physical money should provide better loot with a better drop rate.... jus sayin
  • Options

The drop rate is complete garbage. I have invested quite a bit of cash into legendary keys and enchanted keys.. ripping threw 50$ worth of either for fruitless results is quite frustrating and almost enough to make me want to put down my controller.... it's coming close. This seems to be a consistent battle of players vs game management. I understand that loot tables keep the economy alive but you would think keys that cost physical money should provide better loot with a better drop rate.... jus sayin

Enchanted Keys - just use what is given to you from a membership unless you need the item associated or tied to the key, otherwise the $20 for 20 keys is not worth the $20.

Legendary Keys - they are better priced than Enchanted but not by much. If I want these I use in game AD to buy them or I don't waste my money on them as I can get the keys I need in game by playing content and why waste money on these when you can get the keys for FREE.

Drop rate wise is totally random. I have a streak of getting good items.

Dragonlord Visage, Laughing Skull Companion, Epic Wheel of Elements, another 150 Head piece and two 150 Chest Pieces.

I know others are pulling mounts, companions, artifacts, etc out of the boxes.

Now let's move back 6 months and I will tell you what I got that was good prior to the update even if it was adjusted. After hundreds of runs in various events I got one Shadow Wolf mount. Hundreds if thousands of runs in PoM, rDemo, and Throne I have gotten one +5 ring and this is with using keys.

I have been back for about a month and I already see way better drops now than I have previously.