test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Using a gamepad on a PC

marvinsfanmarvinsfan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I was wondering if it was possible to use a gamepad to play the game on a PC, and if so, how I would go about getting it to work in the game?
Tagged:

Comments

• samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Yes, there are a variety of programs out there that will convert your gamepad movement and buttons into keypresses. However, note that analog input from a gamepad can only be converted into a digital on/off signal, so you will not walk slower if the joystick is only moved a tiny amount.

A quick google search for "gamepad to keyboard" will list a bunch of utilities, such as XPadder, JoyToKey, Joysticker and more. I don't use these types of utilities myself, but I do know XPadder is often recommended! :)

@samaka#2511
  • marvinsfanmarvinsfan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Thank you. I will check it out.
  • mraureliusr#6575 mraureliusr Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Check out the Steam Controller. Best thing I've ever bought!
    Cool, I will. Thanks.
  • Yes, there are a variety of programs out there that will convert your gamepad movement and buttons into keypresses. However, note that analog input from a gamepad can only be converted into a digital on/off signal, so you will not walk slower if the joystick is only moved a tiny amount.

A quick google search for "gamepad to keyboard" will list a bunch of utilities, such as XPadder, JoyToKey, Joysticker and more. I don't use these types of utilities myself, but I do know XPadder is often recommended! :)

This information was useful for me too, thank you!
    Thanks. I will check on that as well.
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Been using Xpadder forever
This discussion has been closed.