test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

newbie question

warpgirl69warpgirl69 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I'm still under lvl 15 but anyway, how my character looks has always been a major thing for me in any game I play. Where do I begin looking for fashion items? And as a mostly solo player, how do i get astral diamonds?

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited February 2017

I'm still under lvl 15 but anyway, how my character looks has always been a major thing for me in any game I play. Where do I begin looking for fashion items? And as a mostly solo player, how do i get astral diamonds?

You can "transmute"/change the look of your armor to whatever you want. For example, I can change the look of my Dusk Armor into some random +5 blue armor, but it consumes the blue armor.

If you mean fashion items (ex: South Sea stuff, Shou stuff, Jesters, Noble Finery, etc.), you will need to pay for them with AD (Auction house), Trade bars (from lockboxes), or, for certain items, by doing their event (ex: South Sea is from Summer festival).

For AD, assuming you don't want to shell out cash, you can only get it via running group content like dungeons or skirmishes. Fortunately, some dungeons, like Cloak Tower or (normal) Cragmire Crypts, are fairly easy enough that you can team with other random players and finish it relatively easy.

If you get something particularly good, assuming said item isn't Bound to Character or Bound to Account, you can put it up on the Auction House and hope someone buys it.

• jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Fashion items comes normally from
    1. Game Event
    2. Campaigns
    3. Trade Bar (requires zen to get them from lock box)
    4. Auction House

Astral diamonds
    1. Selling items at Auction House
    2. Campaign once per week task
    3. Skirmish
    4. Dungeons
    5. Salvage rare/epic items

Try enjoy the game following story line till reaches level 60, below is a link to a video guide for your reference
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1227113/all-platforms-complete-guide-from-beginning-to-end-including-classes?sso=eyJ1bmlxdWVpZCI6Ijk4NTAxMTY1IiwibmFtZSI6Imphc2UyY29vbCIsImVtYWlsIjoiamFzZWNoZXdAaG90bWFpbC5jb20iLCJwaG90b3VybCI6Imh0dHA6XC9cL2ltYWdlcy1jZG4ucGVyZmVjdHdvcmxkLmNvbVwvYXJjXC85OVwvZWRcLzk5ZWRhMTMzNjQ5MDJiNDYyZjcyNzdmMjA0MDQ0NjlmMTQ0ODUyMTg1Ni5wbmciLCJyb2xlcyI6Ik1lbWJlcixOVyBNOSBQbGF5dGVzdCIsImNsaWVudF9pZCI6IjE0NDM5Njg5ODEifQ==+0726fb0267bff3c2a048270e784b95ade32e2532+1487569805+hmacsha1

Normally after level 60 that's where you can attend campaign/skirmish/dungeon that's where you can get Astral diamonds .
    When you are geared and ready then proceed to epic dungeons/trials .

Its a free to play game there is nothing to lose or scam.
    Most of games these days rely on drop range not just NWO.

I personally finds this game is enjoyable , well again this quite subjective matter..
    would suggest play it if you enjoy it keep playing else just move on if its not .
    Post edited by jase2cool on
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User

Allright let me breakdown some AD prices for you; 1 Zen is 500 AD(Astral diamonds)s due to some strange cap limit that I figured was meant to ripoff first time Zen buyers. 1,000,000 AD(Astral Diamonds)s is worth 2000 Zen(USD $20) if I am not mistaken. Then strangely enough there a AD sellers in Enclave that are always there even with the 'legit' guys best efforts to curb them selling 1,000,000 ADs for about USD $15~ USD $10. Yes you can grind for your ADs but is most likely an uphill battle because the legit(head honchos) guys and the (non-legit)3rd party vendors at NW needs Zen(sold to you with real cash) to keep the servers running, so you can expect your ADs to be harder to come by. So with a little imagination you can understand what it means to pay to progress and free to play. Good luck with choosing which pill to take!

The game can be run perfectly fine without spending money if you are not chasing luxury/best items.
    Buying Zen/AD from third party (which is illegal might end up getting account banned if were caught), its a choice given to players to do so.

Seen and heard many players played the game without spending a dime or just minimum one off for a fashion/mount.

Well of cox if you are chasing for Best In Slot item that will really cost lots of grind or tons of AD to buy it off AH if its available.

Everything can be earned from just by playing the game itself,
    of cox there is luck and time factor in, well unlike single player game... MMORPG its ongoing and need longer time progress your toon.
  • warpgirl69warpgirl69 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am enjoying the game, just playing but as I said in my first post, how my character looks is a BIG part of enjoyability for me. I've learned that even in the most interesting games with awesome story lines, I easily get bored if I can't customize.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Relatively easy to customize your look between gear and dyes. Not all transmutes are free to do, though.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • warpgirl69warpgirl69 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    where can I get dyes?
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Tarmalune trade bar store, or the auction house.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    You can play this game without spending money. You can get everything in this game(except firt time buyers pack :) ) without spending any money

I will recommend holding out on using transmutes till you are lvl 70 as you will change gear a lot and leveling is relatively fast
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• shinha#2931 shinha Member Posts: 1 New User
    cryptic autoupdate launcher 12345 fail.....????? help me
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    it will be down the new mod is being launched to day. Down time can be up to 5 hours

Try again in an hour and it should start patching the new mod the servers will be down for longer though
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Dyes are available in a few places... Auction House and Trade Bar Store if you want to pay for them. They can also be gotten free during the many events scheduled thru the year like Call To Arms events, Summer Festival, Winter Festival, etc. Many of these events also have weapon and/or armor transmute items that can be earned. These will all require AD to make an appearance change. However, some of these events also have Fashion Gear which can be earned, keep in mind these can be swapped, mixed and matched as much as you want with no fee,, some can also be dyed to the color you want for AD cost. These items can be worn in combat, etc with no effect on your gear score. In other words, you're still wearing your armor, its just not visible, and you just look nice while doing it :)
    Now you asked where you can earn AD,,, well selling stuff on the AH can earn you some. That takes some learning as to just what is really worth anything tho and some stuff just not worth posting. Your better option is to start running Daily Dungeons and Skirmishes as soon as you can and every day possible. The first 2 runs of a each will earn you 2000+ on each run. After that, it drops to around 200 until you hit the daily maximum. I forget what that is, because I don't have the patience to grind that much and usually stop at the first 4,,, 2 dungeons and 2 skirmishes. Other AD sources come as you gain levels like Salvaging, Turning in those Seals to the Seal Vendor in Protectors Enclave and running the Weekly Quests in the Champaign areas. These start at lvl 60 with Arcane Resavoir in Sharandar and Red Wizards in Dread Ring. And don't forget Protecting the Portal from Harper Boward in PE,,, I tend to forget that one as its not really attached to any of the Champaign areas.
    So there ya go,, have fun and good luck :)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

where can I get dyes?

Got a lot of dye kits in my guild vault. Don't have much of individual colors, but event dye kits.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.