test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maps, items and stuff are not in my Foundry Editor.

nosferatu#9092 nosferatu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I already posted this discussion on Steam. The guy who answered me said to publish here.

"I watched videos about creating a quest. I have been trying to create one, then I realized that the maps, items, emotions are not in my editor. The dialogues and the own maps from Neverwinter works fine, but when I go make something with a new map, or use a item for the quest, it's impossible, there is no model of the new maps, just appears "No results", to the new maps, items and emotions. Do I have to download something? How it works?"

I hope someone can guide through this issue.
Sorry for the bad english. Forgive and warn me if I am doing something wrong about the rules of the forum.
Thank you for your attention.

Comments

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    There is currently a problem with the foundry and as you saw, no materials are available. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • nosferatu#9092 nosferatu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Oh, understood. Thank you for answer me!
  • simplyshawnsimplyshawn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Hopefully soon! I've been wanting to do and wondering the same thing as you.
    "Just my thoughts I suppose."

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• shezza#7635 shezza Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I still have this problem. Is the Foundry STILL not working yet?
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Still down. I wish they'd actually read and reply with why or what the issue is. Aside from holding a boom box aloft and standing outside Cryptic in the rain, which will probably just get you arrested, I don't see them addressing it any time soon...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • saeldar#7271 saeldar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here.. Foundry still down.. i dont understand why they do not fix it. It's so frustrating
  • varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    So the foundry is pretty much just dead?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hopefully in the next module?

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    varrvarr said:

So the foundry is pretty much just dead?

No, it's not pretty much dead.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    It's Cryptic's loss. Sad too, because it was one of their signature features. It was developed specifically by them to allow for "infinite content," so much for that. There was plenty of potential, squandered in favor of metrics. It became so handicapped that, at this point, the player base no longer cares nor has any concerns about it's return. So the question is, why are those of us remaining who supported the Foundry still here?
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    I refuse to give in to pessimism. The Foundry will soon RETURN TO GLORY!!!!
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
    Keep the hope alive!!!

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• arlune#2265 arlune Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have put in a support ticket about this issue and was referred by their staff to post in the forums. I recommend anyone who enjoys the Foundry to put in a support ticket as they cannot ignore them if there are enough.
    Ok, will do.

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• limsenlimsen Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I returned to this game for the foundry. Left a large and active guild on ToR of which I was the leader a couple months ago because I got tired of repeating the same content! Imagine my disappointment to find out that the developers of this game won't even take a minute to address this issue on the forums. At this point I'd be happy with "it's never coming back get over it" at least that would be better than just ignoring their customer base. While it may be a free to play game I have spent more in two months in the zen market than the 30 USD I would have paid to play the old republic. If anyone who works for Cryptic does read this you should be ashamed of the way your company is doing business. Just make a statement! What I find even more disconcerting is the fact that in STO which, I have now pretty much switched to, not only has a working foundry but there is still a lucrative in game reward system for it.

I would also like to say that in 20 years of online gaming I have never posted a complaint on a forum until now. I've also never seen a company continue to send a system mail inviting me to try content on their game (each time I hit level 15 with a character)that doesn't work and not at least make a statement on their forums about the content.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    If you're lucky enough to have a bunch of assets already placed, the duplicate button will create more of them. However, if you try to duplicate an NPC, you won't be able to change its animation as no animations will show up in the popup. You also can't add any new dialogue text because, once again, they require selecting an animation. If you're lucky enough to have lots of custom NPC's already created with costumes, those NPC types will show up in the picker, but only those. I spent a few hours in the editor trying things out to see how far I could push things. You can also right-click on a placed asset in one map, select Copy, and Paste it in another map. So you can make some progress, but we *really* need the editor working again to make quests that are meaningful. Heck, even if we had to use chat commands to place or alter assets that would work in a cumbersome way.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Thought about it some more. Hopefully after posting this I'll be able to sleep. Let's just stop with the excuses -- this has to be a simple data structure mismatch. Everything the user created -- maps, costumes, items -- has to be stored server-side. Clearly that's being serialized and deserialized just fine. Also, references to canned assets are coming across fine, including location, rotation, etc. What the editor isn't getting are data structures for canned assets themselves. The fact that it can render thumbnails for costumes means that the problem isn't in thumbnail generation. Further, the fact that even animations aren't being listed means that the problem is more fundamental.

You'll never convince me that bandwidth is being wasted to send all the information for canned assets over the wire -- that HAS to be coming from local storage. I don't know your architecture; maybe you're using proxy code to translate local asset data into the same form as it would be coming over the wire or maybe you're using proxy code to build the internal data structures the Foundry expects. Or maybe those data structures already exist locally (which would be the most efficient way to do it).

Whichever mechanism you're using, most likely one of your data structures is misaligned, one that EVERY asset type uses. Maybe it's causing canned assets to fail a checksum or maybe they're failing some other sort of sanity check. Maybe in your codebase the struct member alignment was changed for a single structure. Whatever the problem, for crying out loud, even a diff against an older branch should shed light on the problem. If an engineer told me he couldn't find a simple problem like this in more than a couple of days, frankly I would begin to wonder about his competence.

I don't know your architecture but the solution space has limits. There is frankly no excuse for this.

The next thing you need to do is add an automated unit test that checks all of those data structures. I'm guessing three days maximum to implement that by someone knowledgeable about your Foundry code.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • antechei#9127 antechei Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

The next thing you need to do is add an automated unit test that checks all of those data structures. I'm guessing three days maximum to implement that by someone knowledgeable about your Foundry code.

Problem there being, that they've replaced so many staff recently, and the Foundry has been either broken or semi-abandoned for so long now, the chances that there's anyone left on the dev team who DOES still know how to work the Foundry are probably quite low.
  • sortan98sortan98 Member Posts: 1 New User
    :'( ..................................................