test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any PC players test Bilethorn on preview?

sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
Just wondering if any of you guys tried Bilethorn yet I heard it's pretty good for other classes. How's it do for us compared to Dread? Trapper spec btw

If it's close I'm probably going to swap over to it just because the posion look would go well with my nature ranger I'm going for with my green/brown dye. The black, dark sinister look of dread just stands out too much as of now.
Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
Alts:
Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
Saxon Ranger (Warden)
Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    With trapper I think dread is still king - My friend on preview is still not decided. Archery has become a decent build again apparantly, and I suspect for combat builds bile might be a winner.

I'm afraid you can either flip a coin, or wait and see.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • david#8871 david Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    What is the duration of the 14% Poison damage that occurs after 4 seconds?
    Guild: The Nation - XBox
    Teucer (HR)
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    If plant growth wasn't bugged, the HR would shine in Aoe. So I think dread will still be best for trapper as well.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="dmcewen">If plant growth wasn't bugged, the HR would shine in Aoe. So I think dread will still be best for trapper as well.</blockquote>

Not sure if PG would have anything to do with Bile under performing it's effect is the one that applies the DoT to nearby enemies.
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    GWF's are talking about using it on mobs and back to the vorpal on boss. You would kill your single target dps by using a bile if this is the case.

Also, I believe the bile is bugged for atleast the GWF because it multiprocs.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Bile only harms a GWF's IBS.

HRs are still most optimal with vorpal/dread due to all of their encounters and some bursty at-wills.

Was decent for combat, but I don't think it benefits flurry, and I love my gushing wound crits. Also doesn't multiproc on rain of arrows so another DPS loss.

Archery, aimed shot, about all you need to know there. Besides, you want em dead before they're all over your @#$, a DoT isn't something you want to be counting on. Also no real encounters other than thorn ward to even proc it reliably.